Report: Jets GM engaged in questionable practices during free agency | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Jets GM engaged in questionable practices during free agency

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-privately-apologize-for-negotiating-tactics/

Multiple agents told Mehta the Jets engaged in “questionable practices” by leading them to believe the team’s interest was at a level that the eventual offers apparently didn’t match.

That specific accusation comes in an article that focuses primarily on the frustrations arising within the organization regarding the slow pace of G.M. John Idzik in free-agency negotiations. An unnamed member of the organization said that Idzik “operates on his own time and schedule,” and that the situation is “unbelievable.”

As to the latest player the Jets failed to sign, Mehta reports that the Jets made a “desperate 11th-hour offer” for cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, but that it was too late to keep him away from the Giants.

Idzik sounds like a bizarre dude.

Are we 100% sure Idzik isn't a cuban?

Multiple agents told Mehta the Jets engaged in “questionable practices” by leading them to believe the team’s interest was at a level that the eventual offers apparently didn’t match.

The old padded bra tactic.

Hopefully the jets will be the first team to have to give back some that cap to the nfl because they can't figure out how to use it. :lol2:

Rex Ryan is reportedly "pissed" with John Idzik in that fact that he is bumbling through free agency so far. Dysfunction is back in New York(but did it really ever leave?).

Rex Ryan is reportedly "pissed" with John Idzik in that fact that he is bumbling through free agency so far. Dysfunction is back in New York(but did it really ever leave?).

you guys talking about dysfunction is hilarious.

Hopefully the jets will be the first team to have to give back some that cap to the nfl because they can't figure out how to use it. :lol2:

we are a week into FA, how did all those high priced signings work out for you last year?

Vick is visiting the Jets this weekend...you'll have a new hero to discuss shortly.

Vick is visiting the Jets this weekend...you'll have a new hero to discuss shortly.

I am hopeful he signs somewhere else. Nothing against him but if he doesn't sign I think there is a good chance Mark stays.

I am hopeful he signs somewhere else. Nothing against him but if he doesn't sign I think there is a good chance Mark stays.

I'm with you on this. Vick is a much better QB than Mark and I dont want him on the Jets. Mark staying with the Jets will make everyone else in the AFCE much better.

Now it looks like cro is takin his 12 babies to zona...this should fire ole rex up.

Back
Top Bottom