Report: John Jerry came to camp at 390 last year!!!Ouch!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: John Jerry came to camp at 390 last year!!!Ouch!!

DefensiveEnd76

Football Guru
Reaction score
Ben Volin said team officials were frustrated with John Jerry last year because of weight issues and that Jerry reported to camp weighing 390 last year!!! Yeesh!! He won't make the roster if he shows up like that again

This was heavily reported last year....but to be fair to Jerry I believe he played more snaps last season than any other offensive player on the roster.

His weight dropped about 40 pounds by the time the season started but Philbin will go ape **** if Jerry shows up like that again

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

Honestly I don't know how in the hell a 390 pound guy could survive that ungodly humidity. It's a wonder he didn't drop over dead like Korey Stringer did when he weighed about that much

Are you sure Volin said 390?
Jerry, meanwhile, got his weight under control after reporting to training camp 30 pounds overweight at 360 and played well last year, allowing just two sacks in 16 games.

“I was proud of John,” GM Jeff Ireland said last week at the Senior Bowl. “John didn’t have a great training camp, and so he was kind of working to catch up a little bit. If John comes back in good shape and I think start where he left off, he’s got a real good opportunity. So I think John still has a big arrow up on his future.”
http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thed...or-2013-dolphins-add-new-special-teams-coach/

He's just heavy boned. I thought that Jerry was one of the most improved on the team last year.

Jerry has talent he just needs to apply a work ethic all year long not wait until camp.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Starting RT according to Omar. LOL.
In the spirit of team improvement inspired by the new logo, I sense that Philbin and Ireland have sought out Omar's professional advice on these matters and he calls it as he sees it. Maybe Jerry is big enough to play RT and RG at the same time.

in the spirit of team improvement inspired by the new logo, i sense that philbin and ireland have sought out omar's professional advice on these matters and he calls it as he sees it. Maybe jerry is big enough to play rt and rg at the same time.

lmao!!

Back
Top Bottom