Report - Landry deal close | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report - Landry deal close

The best news we could hear this year is TB miraculously trading Suh for a pick to get cap relief. That would start to change my mind about TB. Otherwise, we are just creating more contracts for the new regime to purge.
Dude, if anything good happens to this team it won't be thanks to t-dumb

Ozzy rules!!

Fox just paid half a billion dollars for ****ing Thursday night games.... I expect the cap to keep rising for the foreseeable future.

DirecTV paid $1.5B for 2015 - 2023.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-...ements-renewal-of-nfl-sunday-ticket-contract/

The cap may not be immediately impacted, but you can sure bet Sunday Ticket prices will go up.

In my opinion, Fox got a good deal. Exclusive content with no competition. Teams don't like Thursday games, but if marketed and slated correctly it can be a win for the fans.

I personally like Thursday games. Helps reduce the Sunday schedule down so fans in other markets can have a better chance to the see the Phins.

Frankly, if the NFL found a better scheduling model and possibly increase offerings to another day, I think everyone could benefit from 4 nights of football. Again, the scheduling model would need to change so teams aren't penalized. (and fans)

You may not like a team, say the Browns or Bengals, but you might be more likely to watch them if nothing else was on a Wednesday night?

NFL 4 nights a week. CFL on 2 or 3 nights a week. Football nirvana.

I sure hope so. I know there's been a lot of debate as to Landry's value, but one thing he's shown is durability and toughness. It was pretty obvious in the pro bowl as well that opposing quarterbacks trusted Landry, knowing he'd run the right routes.

You could certainly argue that everyone's replaceable, but when you find productive players who answer the bell every game that's value.

I hope not. Be even harder to replace dvp than juice in this class
Parker is the ultimate tease man.

We both know how limitless his talent is, but he's not durable enough...

As much as I would like to see a full season with him and Tanney, I'm almost ready to deal him and his fragile self for a 3rd somewhere.....

The best news we could hear this year is TB miraculously trading Suh for a pick to get cap relief. That would start to change my mind about TB. Otherwise, we are just creating more contracts for the new regime to purge.

*Best news you could hear.

I'll stick with the talent knowing we're going to be fine salary cap-wise. That contract has been the fodder of cap-obsessers since we signed him and it simply hasn't panned out that way. Just like the contract we eventually sign Landry too. I have no doubt we'll hear about how it's going to break us for years, no matter how much it's for.

DirecTV paid $1.5B for 2015 - 2023.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-...ements-renewal-of-nfl-sunday-ticket-contract/

The cap may not be immediately impacted, but you can sure bet Sunday Ticket prices will go up.

In my opinion, Fox got a good deal. Exclusive content with no competition. Teams don't like Thursday games, but if marketed and slated correctly it can be a win for the fans.

I personally like Thursday games. Helps reduce the Sunday schedule down so fans in other markets can have a better chance to the see the Phins.

Frankly, if the NFL found a better scheduling model and possibly increase offerings to another day, I think everyone could benefit from 4 nights of football. Again, the scheduling model would need to change so teams aren't penalized. (and fans)

You may not like a team, say the Browns or Bengals, but you might be more likely to watch them if nothing else was on a Wednesday night?

NFL 4 nights a week. CFL on 2 or 3 nights a week. Football nirvana.

2 things.

**** no to football on Wednesday. Thursday games are a bad enough product as is.

Secondly, while viewership may be “down” revenue is still increasing at a constant and consistent rate. NFL battled a highly dramatized election with viewership numbers mimicing that of the previous election year.

I will say that the NFL should stop relying so heavily on traditional media as an avenue for distributing its product. They are way behind the times in that respect.

Back
Top Bottom