Report: Miami Dolphins have little competition for Wallace | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Miami Dolphins have little competition for Wallace

catch22

New Mexico Fin Fan
Reaction score
http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000149282/
Fresh off the wires..

Sports Illustrated's Peter King reported Monday morning that the Dolphins "didn't have much, if any, competition for a big-money deal" for Wallace during the start of the NFL's free agent negotiating period.

But we're still going to give him 12-14 mil right ? Because he is just so fast, and that's what counts.

If the Dolphins sign Wallace and Jonathan Martin starts next year you can forget about the playoffs.

Every year, we find out there is a team sitting in the weeds waiting to make a move. Nothing is final until he signs that contract.

Did you just say that if Jonathan Martin starts at all next year we aren't going to the playoffs? That is the most insane thing i've ever heard and is a definite candidate for worst post of the year.

not the first time we outbid ourselves. Brandon Marshall and Richard Marshall come to mind

But we're still going to give him 12-14 mil right ? Because he is just so fast, and that's what counts.

If the Dolphins sign Wallace and Jonathan Martin starts next year you can forget about the playoffs.

You get old real fast.

Leas competition means less wages lets hope King is correct.

I fully expect the Colts to get involved.

Martin hasn't even gone a full season at his natural position and you're already writing him off? You do realize players do need to be developed don't you? Reshad Jones wouldn't be on the team right now if players aren't developed. Cameron Wake would be selling cars, Kurt Warner would still be bagging groceries.

Just stop.

For anyone who wants Wallace this is good news. An all out bidding war would mean we overpay even more.

For those who don't want wallace this story will mean he is not worth it because of the lack of a bidding war. .

For me, I see it for what it is. Leverage that the coaches can use toour advantage. Hopefully we get wallace still but at a reasonable price. I don't mind slightly overpaying. We need the deep threat and he is the only FA that provides that.

Does free agency starts tonight at midnight?

Ozzy rules!!

Less competition plus no state income tax = better deal for us

YES ELLIOT!! is does matter in this case. teams need to be FAST in this day of the nfl and we may be the slowest team in the nfl [both sides of the ball].

and here is the thing you [and a plethora] of other fans are not recognizing is he is a TD machine!! aka as POINTS which we are lacking and is the
number 1a [1b being cb] reason we are losing.

if wallace was just another speed guy, than this would be rediculous. but he scores points! he gets in the endzone and he only played a handful of games last year before his injury and STILL grabbed 8 td's!!!

that make things a bit clearer? i here every excuse under the sun about wallace's game from fin fans but NO ONE talks about his best talent, GETTING INTO THE ENDZONE!!!

NO ONE IN SPORTS is worth the money being paid. we will, and we have to pay an enormous amount to land talent in f/a. its the way it is in the nfl right now and expecially for teams like us who are VOID of talent.

I have to agree with you NRA.. That is the one stat that pops out about wallace. His TDs. It is obvious he has a nose for the endzone. It is also plain fact that nobody we have now and nobody available in FA has put up TD numbers that would make you think they can hang with wallace.

Back
Top Bottom