Report: Miami Dolphins have little competition for Wallace

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by catch22, Mar 11, 2013.

1. catch22

catch22 New Mexico Fin Fan

http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000149282/
    Fresh off the wires..

Sports Illustrated's Peter King reported Monday morning that the Dolphins "didn't have much, if any, competition for a big-money deal" for Wallace during the start of the NFL's free agent negotiating period.

2. Elliott 1

Elliott 1 Banned Hammered

But we're still going to give him 12-14 mil right ? Because he is just so fast, and that's what counts.

If the Dolphins sign Wallace and Jonathan Martin starts next year you can forget about the playoffs.

3. DolfanDuBbZ~

DolfanDuBbZ~ Avoid the 'Noid

Every year, we find out there is a team sitting in the weeds waiting to make a move. Nothing is final until he signs that contract.

4. PolitePolite

PolitePolite Well-Known Member

Did you just say that if Jonathan Martin starts at all next year we aren't going to the playoffs? That is the most insane thing i've ever heard and is a definite candidate for worst post of the year.

5. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

not the first time we outbid ourselves. Brandon Marshall and Richard Marshall come to mind

6. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP

You get old real fast.

Leas competition means less wages lets hope King is correct.

I fully expect the Colts to get involved.

7. CallMeDaddy

CallMeDaddy CMD Finheaven VIP

Martin hasn't even gone a full season at his natural position and you're already writing him off? You do realize players do need to be developed don't you? Reshad Jones wouldn't be on the team right now if players aren't developed. Cameron Wake would be selling cars, Kurt Warner would still be bagging groceries.

Just stop.

8. catch22

For anyone who wants Wallace this is good news. An all out bidding war would mean we overpay even more.

For those who don't want wallace this story will mean he is not worth it because of the lack of a bidding war. .

For me, I see it for what it is. Leverage that the coaches can use toour advantage. Hopefully we get wallace still but at a reasonable price. I don't mind slightly overpaying. We need the deep threat and he is the only FA that provides that.

9. catch22

Kadiddlehopper likes this.
  10. Hayden Fox

Hayden Fox Love Creating Turnovers Donator

Good to hear IMO.

11. Danny

Danny FinHeaven VIP

Does free agency starts tonight at midnight?

Ozzy rules!!

12. Ruckus45

Ruckus45 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Less competition plus no state income tax = better deal for us

13. MadDog 88

MadDog 88 TANNERECTION!!!! Donator

Tuesday at 4 pm

14. NRA

NRA Roll Gypsy Roll

But we're still going to give him 12-14 mil right ? Because he is just so fast, and that's what counts.

YES ELLIOT!! is does matter in this case. teams need to be FAST in this day of the nfl and we may be the slowest team in the nfl [both sides of the ball].

and here is the thing you [and a plethora] of other fans are not recognizing is he is a TD machine!! aka as POINTS which we are lacking and is the
    number 1a [1b being cb] reason we are losing.

if wallace was just another speed guy, than this would be rediculous. but he scores points! he gets in the endzone and he only played a handful of games last year before his injury and STILL grabbed 8 td's!!!

that make things a bit clearer? i here every excuse under the sun about wallace's game from fin fans but NO ONE talks about his best talent, GETTING INTO THE ENDZONE!!!

NO ONE IN SPORTS is worth the money being paid. we will, and we have to pay an enormous amount to land talent in f/a. its the way it is in the nfl right now and expecially for teams like us who are VOID of talent.

15. catch22

I have to agree with you NRA.. That is the one stat that pops out about wallace. His TDs. It is obvious he has a nose for the endzone. It is also plain fact that nobody we have now and nobody available in FA has put up TD numbers that would make you think they can hang with wallace.

16. PhinMagic

PhinMagic Banned Hammered

I'll believe it when I see it. Eagles came out of nowhere to grab Namdi a couple years back when it was near destiny for Rex to have Namdi and revis paired together. I could see Ireland reading this and offering him $10M per and then the pats swoop in and pick him up for $11

come here Wallace at a fair price. Weather, women, and a chance at something special!

17. roy_miami

roy_miami 2020 cant get here soon enough Donator

[​IMG]

18. PolitePolite

PolitePolite Well-Known Member

I don't know if 12 mil a year is worth a speed guy, but I'm not sure that in this offense you need a #1. The Packer's certainly don't have one. We just need to draft a red zone threat. I guess if they draft Escobar that is a start.

19. MadDog 88

MadDog 88 TANNERECTION!!!! Donator

I am not real high on Wallace only because I am not a believer that he will function well in a WCO but, to think Wallace is only a speed guy is nuts. The man can find the end zone and make big plays. His being added to the Dolphins instantly makes Miami a playoff contender. Everything underneath and the run game will open up. If they can add a serious TE seam threat and one more solid WR, they will be on the Pats heels for the division.

20. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit A True Fan

Yeah we're going to overpay. If it was 10 million per year Wallace wouldn't have rejected Pittsburgh's offer. It will definitely be 12 million or more and that's pathetic but oh well.

21. hammond47

hammond47 Well-Known Member

Wallace is a top 10 receiver already (in terms of production over his 3 years in the league), and has th epotential to improve. He also has the potential to regress after being paid - this is the risk with any receiver, or athlete, for that matter.
    Jonathon Martin showed a lot of promise last year, and we will be fine assuming we sign Eric Winston at RT. Jake is overrated for what you'd have to pay the guy.

22. enduro

enduro unknown quantity

As i said this is a buyers market this year. Its all there for the taking......

23. CaSh

CaSh Nothing bigga than the B

No team could compete if you look at the numbers. all the teams with cap arent really in the market for 12 mill dollar receivers.... ireland likes wallace and he produces tds so i dont see what the problem is. we have to spend the $ on playmakers.

24. LDaniel7

LDaniel7 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

1. We might have competition for Wallace now that Minnesota needs a number one WR.
    2. Martin has been working his butt off, this off-season, getting stronger. Good sign! Don't give up on him yet...

LD