Report: More than 10 players failed drug tests at scouting combine | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: More than 10 players failed drug tests at scouting combine

Unusual to hear so many failed because of diluted urine tests. Mettenberger said he was advised to drink 1.5 gallons of water because of cramping issues or maybe it was to hide something. So many diluted urine samples seems odd for something as big as the Combine, where they know everything will be scrutinized. I wouldn't rush to judgement here.

If i were a GM i would NEVER draft someone that failed a drug test at the combine. they know they're going to be tested, makes you wonder if they even give a ****. or if they're smart enough to care.

Considering what is at stake, perhaps million of dollars, the poor decision to use drugs within 30 days of the testing is a real red flag. It shows serious problems or utter stupidity.
The diluted samples were likely deliberate, to taint the sample because the player knew they were dirty. It creates an excuse for a second test.
With the increased acceptance of pot, this is going to happen a lot more frequently.

I dislike the foolishness of the decision before the combine. I'd be most worried if it were harder drugs or performance enhancing stuff. But if it causes Jernigan to fall to 50, we would have to consider him. He is very talented.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

marijuana2-1.jpg

Considering so many of the kids were from FSU and LSU, I would have to consider that a couple of trainers gave bad advice. Or, perhaps they like weed...a lot. Who knows?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

image.jpg

Seriously- how ignorant do you have to be to do anything that could cause you to drop even a couple picks? That's hundreds of thousands of dollars if not more. The players that are this stupid are the ones who will be broke 1 year out of the nfl.

Considering so many of the kids were from FSU and LSU, I would have to consider that a couple of trainers gave bad advice. Or, perhaps they like weed...a lot. Who knows?

They just like weed and can get it easily. Kenny Shaw, FSU WR, is a dealer, and Tallahassee is the pot-friendliest town east of the Mississippi.

I can tell you exactly how it goes. They go out, get drunk, stop giving a **** about not smoking, and end up getting high. Drug dealers are busiest at 2 AM on Friday and Saturday nights... so I've heard.

The bigger issue is whether or not they lie. I remember Aquib Talib and Mario Manningham were both asked if they ever smoked they both said no, and the scouts pulled out their failed tests... both from the combine and in college

The bigger issue is whether or not they lie. I remember Aquib Talib and Mario Manningham were both asked if they ever smoked they both said no, and the scouts pulled out their failed tests... both from the combine and in college

Maybe you are correct but for example, I am staying far away from Seantrel Henderson, even if he did not lie.

Maybe its time to stop drug-testing for pot... Its legal in two states now (and its just a matter of time until its more), its less harmful than alcohol, and it certainly isn't a performance enhancer or anything lol.

They just like weed and can get it easily. Kenny Shaw, FSU WR, is a dealer, and Tallahassee is the pot-friendliest town east of the Mississippi.

I can tell you exactly how it goes. They go out, get drunk, stop giving a **** about not smoking, and end up getting high. Drug dealers are busiest at 2 AM on Friday and Saturday nights... so I've heard.

I certainly never had any problem getting it there...not that I ever smoked the stuff. Not me, never! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom