Report Ravens Trying To Trade Mckinnie

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by elite14eva, Oct 2, 2013.

1. elite14eva

elite14eva Yashu Mane!!! Donator

2. Hayden Fox

Hayden Fox Love Creating Turnovers Donator

They will cut him.

3. Fintastic17

Fintastic17 A True Fan

He was on the streets a year ago and nobody wanted him. No way in hell he got better at his age, wait for the cut then kick the tires

4. gregorygrant83

gregorygrant83 A True Fan

In an offense that needs athletic tackles you want to trade for an old 370 pound very immobile tackle that has played poorly enough this year that his team just made a trade to get someone to replace him and are now looking to dump him. Are you sure you want to do that?

5. Dolfan5000

Dolfan5000 Mark my words, I'll get mine

Would be nice for a late round pick.

6. FearTheBeard

FearTheBeard FearTheBurke

Give em a 7th rounder, he's cheap and at least provides some depth and will push Clabo.

7. retarmyfinfan

retarmyfinfan Brave Rifles Donator

Push him out of the lunch line thats about all the pushing he will do

8. Zounds

Zounds A True Fan Donator

I don't see how McKinney is an upgrade, even on our OL. If they wanted him, they would have just signed him in the offseason.

9. So Be

So Be A True Fan

His salary (guaranteed) is only $1M this year, and I would take a shot to fill the open roster position. Guess people forgot that he helped the Ravens win a SB last year, after not doing well during the season.

10. Zounds

That was last year (and one could argue whether he was even good last year), and at age 34, guys like McKinney fall off quickly. See your man Tyson Clabo for an example.

11. LDaniel7

LDaniel7 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

He's playing poorly and also providing major "wrong path" distractions to the Ravens team. The man is trying to enjoy his retirement celebrity status while still being employed in the NFL.

As much as I want Miami to improve its OL -- DESPERATELY -- I don't think McKinnie is the answer.

He and his party bus full of strippers will have to go elsewhere.

LD

12. Zounds

If McKinney were playing well this year, or even playing decent, there would be no need for Baltimore to make a mid-season trade for an OT. McKinney couldn't even beat out the OT that Eugene Mornoe is replacing, and he's now the #4 OT on the Ravens behind Oher, Monroe, and Osemele. I'll pass, thank you.

13. So Be

So Be A True Fan

Claybo is 31.

14. Swantoon

Swantoon A True Fan

we should pick him up so we have another bad offensive tackle to complain about.

15. So Be

So Be A True Fan

Over the years, I have seen many an NFL player ripped for many a different reason. A bus full of strippers is a first. Has the "moral majority" taken seed with Football Fans? :)

16. Zounds

Exactly, you think he's still getting better at 31? I think we've seen proof this year he is in severe decline. Whats tat say for a 34 year old with major weight problems?

17. So Be

So Be A True Fan

To say that every NFL player 31 or older is in severe decline would be silly. No time or desire to list hundreds of players you would be wrong on.

18. johngarry

johngarry "Mysterious" Super Donator Donator

offer a 7th, an overnight at the Borgata, an' two bags of double-stuff Oreos.

19. So Be

So Be A True Fan

Just another thought. Wake is 31 and Grimes is 30. Don't want these old guys on the decline here.

20. Zounds

Correct, except I didn't say that. I said a a 31 year old Clabo and a 34 year old McKinnie with major weight issues, that hasn't played good this year, are in decline. GM's don't trade for 3rd string players that are 34 years old.

21. Zounds

Again, I specifically said "guys like McKinnie fall off quickly" at age 34. I didnt say "guys like Grimes". Age is relative to position - and CB is not the same at OT. You dont see many OTs playing well into their mid 30's.

22. So Be

So Be A True Fan

How do you tell? Clabo was the #5 RT last year, and McKennie did a VG job in Baltimore' SB run. Are they dead or, will they play well in a week or so?

23. So Be

So Be A True Fan

Yeah, CB's who rely on speed are longer lasting. C'Mon man. :)

24. Zounds

Well I'd disagree that Clabo was a top 5 OT last year, and I also disagree that McKinnie did a VG job, unless you mean the other VG. But the point is this guy had played bad and isn't going to get better, so I'm not sure why we'd trade for him.

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

They are longer lasting than RTs. Go google it on your PFF page or something...

25. FearTheBeard

FearTheBeard FearTheBurke

I mean McKinnie is still adequate in pass protection, better than Clabo. That's where the upgrade would be, I'd keep Martin at LT. He's not a homerun or anything, but I think we need to get another guy in the mix.

26. tl77

tl77 Too high to fail

Why would we trade for McKinnie when we didn't trade for Monroe? If they really wanted to upgrade, Ireland would have inquired about Monroe. That tells me they are staying with what we have, unless an injury occurs, obviously.

27. So Be

So Be A True Fan

You made the statement. I questioned it. Prove me wrong. What did you base your post on?

28. hoops

hoops exited stage left

we are talking about a stop gap...worse case you bring mckinnie in and let him compete and have a fallback option...cut spitlers sorry ***...you wont miss anything

mckinnie probably gets cut which means highest bidder...

29. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP

why would we want a downgrade

30. Zounds

Knowledge? What exactly are you disagreeing with anyway? If you disagree with someone, the burden of proof lies with you buddy.

31. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 I can get you a toe Finheaven VIP Donator

You do realize Baltimore would let him go b/c he isn't doing **** for them right now...

32. So Be

So Be A True Fan

I disagree with OT's not being able to play at a high level at 31 and even 34. I disagree with CB's having a longer shelf life than OT's. The burden of proof is with the one who made the statement to back it up, and you have done nothing whatsoever to do so other than typing your opinion.

Howsabout we just drop this?

33. Zounds

You'd make a terrible lawyer. Burden of proof always lies with the one who disagrees. Law 101 right there. Anyways, if posters had to back up every statement with a citation from a website, this place would be a ****hole. You are the one going on about Brent Grimes...I never brought him up. I was talking about OTs and how their skills can diminish quickly. Using Grimes as a measuring stick is just not a fair comparison.

34. DzakkH13

DzakkH13 Winning is a Habit Donator

McKinnie has been pretty bad this year in pass blocking. The Ravens will probably release him so if Miami wanted to kick the tires, he'll be available as a free agent.
    Who knows, he might pick up his play if he's playing in his hometown. I wouldn't trade a pick for him, but I wouldn't be opposed to picking him up as a free agent.

35. Hayden Fox

Hayden Fox Love Creating Turnovers Donator

Baltimore knows he is trouble of the field. They are cleaning up the mess by upgrading on and off the field with Monroe. I was totally hoping for OV and Jordan to have a chance with McKinnie.

36. Phinsfan93

Phinsfan93 A True Fan

Successful organization letting go of an OT that has been playing bad means that we should pick him up? Makes sense.

37. TheMageGandalf

TheMageGandalf A True Fan

Admittedly, I wanted to bring in McKinnie in the off season but reading an article in the Miami Herald I think it was recently, they said that McKinnie was struggling just as bad as Clabo here or whatnot. So, I am not sure that it will make a difference. Maybe just depth wise because if one of these guys goes down, the backups don't seem to be any better than just having someone's grandmother block.

38. hoops

hoops exited stage left

fair point but the way things are going we aren't gonna have a qb to be successful with if we don't do something...so i would be kicking tires on anything that has played well recently...and mckinnie has played well in recent years...

and if not so what no sweat back to the street he goes...some comp for martin and clabo to have to look over the shoulder at also wouldn't be such a bad idea...

39. So Be

So Be A True Fan

Z, This is going nowhere and for me is over. In law or debate, one party makes an accusation or statement. Then, the second party disputes it, and the first party has time to dispute or rebut what the second party has stated. The burden of proof is on the opening accusation and/or statement.

Denny Crane :)

40. LDaniel7

LDaniel7 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Dude. Anyone who thinks that this is the right path for a team, raise your hand. He almost got a teammate stabbed on that bus. Just because a person has a "personal right" to do whatever doesn't mean it's the right thing for a person, a family or a team.

His own teammate that "enjoyed" the bus called it a lapse in responsible thinking. Almost cost him a season. But hey! Southbeach thinks it's just fine, lol. Someone shoulda told him, lol.

LD

41. hoops

hoops exited stage left

i could care less what happened on that bus...if the guy can preserve my qbs shelf life even a little bit i'm all for it...

damn...only took us like 15 years to find a qb worth protecting...

42. Zounds

A little off topic buddy, but I don't think you understand the burden of proof rule. If you challenge someone's statement, charge them with something, or bring suit against them, then the burden of proof lies with you. Look it up.

43. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP

bad guy off the field and below par and well past his best on it why would we want this guy?

44. enigmatics

enigmatics Go get me a juice box!

45. DolfanDaveInATX

DolfanDaveInATX A True Fan

It has with Joe Philbin. "Represent the team and the owner the right way." And his is the only opinion that matters.