Report Ravens Trying To Trade Mckinnie | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report Ravens Trying To Trade Mckinnie

Exactly, you think he's still getting better at 31? I think we've seen proof this year he is in severe decline. Whats tat say for a 34 year old with major weight problems?

To say that every NFL player 31 or older is in severe decline would be silly. No time or desire to list hundreds of players you would be wrong on.

Exactly, you think he's still getting better at 31? I think we've seen proof this year he is in severe decline. Whats tat say for a 34 year old with major weight problems?

Just another thought. Wake is 31 and Grimes is 30. Don't want these old guys on the decline here.

To say that every NFL player 31 or older is in severe decline would be silly. No time or desire to list hundreds of players you would be wrong on.

Correct, except I didn't say that. I said a a 31 year old Clabo and a 34 year old McKinnie with major weight issues, that hasn't played good this year, are in decline. GM's don't trade for 3rd string players that are 34 years old.

Just another thought. Wake is 31 and Grimes is 30. Don't want these old guys on the decline here.

Again, I specifically said "guys like McKinnie fall off quickly" at age 34. I didnt say "guys like Grimes". Age is relative to position - and CB is not the same at OT. You dont see many OTs playing well into their mid 30's.

+

Correct, except I didn't say that. I said a a 31 year old Clabo and 34 year old McKinnie with major weight issues, that hasn't played good this year, is in decline. GM's don't trade for 3rd string players that are 34 years old.

How do you tell? Clabo was the #5 RT last year, and McKennie did a VG job in Baltimore' SB run. Are they dead or, will they play well in a week or so?

Again, I specifically said "guys like McKinnie fall off quickly" at age 34. I didnt say "guys like Grimes". Age is relative to position - and CB is not the same at OT. You dont see many OTs playing well into their mid 30's.

Yeah, CB's who rely on speed are longer lasting. C'Mon man. :)

How do you tell? Clabo was the #5 RT last year, and McKennie did a VG job in Baltimore' SB run. Are they dead or, will they play well in a week or so?

Well I'd disagree that Clabo was a top 5 OT last year, and I also disagree that McKinnie did a VG job, unless you mean the other VG. But the point is this guy had played bad and isn't going to get better, so I'm not sure why we'd trade for him.

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

Yeah, CB's who rely on speed are longer lasting. C'Mon man. :)

They are longer lasting than RTs. Go google it on your PFF page or something...

I mean McKinnie is still adequate in pass protection, better than Clabo. That's where the upgrade would be, I'd keep Martin at LT. He's not a homerun or anything, but I think we need to get another guy in the mix.

Why would we trade for McKinnie when we didn't trade for Monroe? If they really wanted to upgrade, Ireland would have inquired about Monroe. That tells me they are staying with what we have, unless an injury occurs, obviously.

Well I'd disagree that Clabo was a top 5 OT last year, and I also disagree that McKinnie did a VG job, unless you mean the other VG. But the point is this guy had played bad and isn't going to get better, so I'm not sure why we'd trade for him.

---------- Post added at 04:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

They are longer lasting than RTs. Go google it on your PFF page or something...

You made the statement. I questioned it. Prove me wrong. What did you base your post on?

we are talking about a stop gap...worse case you bring mckinnie in and let him compete and have a fallback option...cut spitlers sorry ass...you wont miss anything

mckinnie probably gets cut which means highest bidder...

why would we want a downgrade

Back
Top Bottom