Report: Rex Ryan to Bills as head coach | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Rex Ryan to Bills as head coach

Over the last four seasons the Jets defense finished 20, 20, 19 and 24 in the NFL in PPG. Did the Bills really get any better? I don't think so. Rex walking into a situation where there is still no QB tells me he doesn't view the position as being as important as his defense. The Falcons would have been perfect for him.

Vic Carucci ‏@viccarucci
The #Bills have "every intention" of keeping DC Jim Schwartz, just told by high-ranking team source.

Not sure why any coach would come in and replace a dc who is doing a very good job.
Thats the big problem I think when coaches take over, they are too worried about getting their so called guys in here , instead of evaluating the coaches on hand.
Its kind of a backwards approach to a degree.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
The offensive coordinator Rex Ryan is most likely to bring with him to Buffalo is 49ers OC Greg Roman, per source.

Over the last four seasons the Jets defense finished 20, 20, 19 and 24 in the NFL in PPG. Did the Bills really get any better? I don't think so. Rex walking into a situation where there is still no QB tells me he doesn't view the position as being as important as his defense. The Falcons would have been perfect for him.

I dont think they got better either, Marrone did a damn good job this season.
As for taking ATlanta over Buffalo, well there is defense is horrible so Im not sure he wanted to rebuild a whole defense.
If he gets right OC to build offense and gets a qb who knows.
I very much doubt he wants MArk Sanchez as his qb

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
The offensive coordinator Rex Ryan is most likely to bring with him to Buffalo is 49ers OC Greg Roman, per source.

I had heard Trestman but either would be fine.I would prefer Trestman as OC if I was them.
I think they should hire Dan Henning or Tony Sparano as OC

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

The funny thing is the crappy coach we kept wouldnt even get an OC job if fired, he would be an OL coach guaranteed

Losing coach (losing record with 1legit winning seasons in 6) goes to losing franchise working for losing owners (see Buffalo Sabers). Match made in heaven. Too bad they couldn't have preemptively snatched up a losing GM also before another clueless owner in Ross was bamboozled into actually defacto promoting Tannenbum from the jest dumpster, who otherwise would still be hawking players to teams from the outside looking in.

I dont think they got better either, Marrone did a damn good job this season.
As for taking ATlanta over Buffalo, well there is defense is horrible so Im not sure he wanted to rebuild a whole defense.
If he gets right OC to build offense and gets a qb who knows.
I very much doubt he wants MArk Sanchez as his qb

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

I had heard Trestman but either would be fine.I would prefer Trestman as OC if I was them.
I think they should hire Dan Henning or Tony Sparano as OC

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

The funny thing is the crappy coach we kept wouldnt even get an OC job if fired, he would be an OL coach guaranteed
I'm told Sanchez is the best Free Agent QB available. Though I doubt Rex wants him how funny would that be if they reunited.

I'm told Sanchez is the best Free Agent QB available. Though I doubt Rex wants him how funny would that be if they reunited.

I very much doubt that Ryan want to rest his job on the pressure of bringing in Sanchez as a qb for him.
Hell he might but Sanchez has never been that good and he was downright awful down the stretch for Ryan.
You might as well go with Matt Moore. I dont like either as a starter but at least do something new.
He is going to have to draft a qb thats for sure.

Don't understand why Schwartz would want to stay. Rex has always called his own defense. Don't see that working.

Reports in Buffalo

Schwartz will be staying as well. Loving what our defense will be. Still concerned about QB and offense. Bring a stud OC

Have no clue who will your OC but both names I have heard are solid guys Trestman and Roman.
I think Trestman is a better choice for your team.
Definately need a QB sucks that Orton could not hang around one more year.
At RB I would draft a guy, Spiller is always injured and Jackson is not much better.
I think you take a Rb fairly high.

Have no clue who will your OC but both names I have heard are solid guys Trestman and Roman.
I think Trestman is a better choice for your team.
Definately need a QB sucks that Orton could not hang around one more year.
At RB I would draft a guy, Spiller is always injured and Jackson is not much better.
I think you take a Rb fairly high.

Bills don't have a first round pick this year due to trading up for Watkins last year

Back
Top Bottom