Report: Vikings looking to trade Harvin

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Danny68, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Danny68

Danny68 Dolphins on 3! Super Donator Finheaven VIP Donator

2. mialuv13

mialuv13 A True Fan

Extremely versatile and explosive. Extremely injury prone. Doesn't hurt to look, but i wouldn't give up much for him.

3. MrEd

MrEd A True Fan

I'd rather draft a cheaper Markus Wheaton with the 42nd pick and sign Mike Wallace or Greg Jennings. Focus our money on FA like Cliff Avril, Rodgers Cromartie, Jared Cook, and re-signing Jake Long. Pass.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2013
  4. Daytona Fin

Daytona Fin Playoffs Moderator Finheaven VIP

He would definitely fill a need for us. He is a playmaker and you can never have enough of guys like him.

It doesn't sound like the rocky relationship the vikes and harvin have is going to survive.I would like to know what the vikes are seeking for him. I know some will say he is not a philbin type player because of his actions off the field but at some point philbin has to learn to deal with these type players. Philbin seems like he could bring a guy like harvin , down to earth. I would like to have harvin if it is a reasonable deal.

5. bess15

bess15 Well-Known Member

watch new england get him. bellicheat has already been on record saying he would love to have him

6. maralieus

maralieus Lets get those balls deep!!

Hell yeah I'd take Harvin on our Phins. He is very versatile, and a definite playmaker. His problem has obviously been his injuries, which I think may have contributed to his bad relationship with the Vikings. I wouldn't want to pay him big money though. Too risky, injury concerns AND off-field issues doesnt sound much like a Philbin guy. He is young though and things could change.

7. finfan54

finfan54 A True Fan Donator

Markus Wheaton
    Terrence Williams (who I think Philbin kinda likes as fit)

8. dcnr226

dcnr226 A True Fan Donator

Do it. Be agressive. The article i read says he's looking for 10 mil per year tho and if that's the case...no thanks. But a 3rd round pick and a 7 mil per year contract and i'm in.

9. Daytona Fin

Extremely? The last 4 years harvin and jennings played in 54 games and bowe 56. Wallace has only missed 1 game. I guess that would make jennings and bowe extremely injury prone too?

If I remember correctly , someone on finheaven said harvins current treatment of his migraines has cleared up his problems.

10. TANanhasaBUSH

TANanhasaBUSH Active Member

Percy Harvin for a 2nd round pick? Where do I sign?

11. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

People tend to throw the term "injury prone" around pretty loosely around here.

12. phinz8202

phinz8202 Well-Known Member Donator

If he is truly available you have to try hard and get him. He has game breaking ability... something this team is in dire need of. As someone mentioned, I guarantee the pats will be all over him.

13. Daytona Fin

TD's last 4 years.

wallace-32
    harvin-29
    jennings-29
    bowe-27

14. The Goat

The Goat Escape Goat

This is the point where I float the 2nd third round pick. (Better than New England's third rounder.)

Because...goodness gracious. If he could be had for that, and...what...someone else suggested as $7m per year?

Yeah. Love ya, Hartline, but good bye.

Show me Jennings, Cordarelle Patterson and Harvin in the slot. Bess as the #4. Holy tapdancing poop.

See, now I'm all excited, because I saw this little news blurb, too.

15. MrEd

MrEd A True Fan

I don't agree with the Harvin interest. Why give up a high pick and then also have to pay Harvin the $10mil when you can give the $10mil to Wallace without having to give up a pick?

16. The Goat

The Goat Escape Goat

If this were to be the case, then, yes...Wallace.

I kinda wonder, though. If Harvin wants 7, and Wallace wants 10...is that third round pick a decent equivalent?

17. houtz

houtz Pay the man!

When can teams make trades? A 2nd for Harvin would be a steal IMO. I would then focus my attention on Jennings or Bowe in FA. Harvin has a very similar skill set to Mike Wallace.

My only concern is could this team utilize his playmaking ability? I would line him up at RB similar to what GB does with Cobb. I'm just not sure they would utilize him to his full potential. Especially after watching Reggie misused for most of the year. The guy is a real threat in the passing game and could cause mismatches all over the field. Line him and Miller up and it would have been a whole other threat.

18. Daytona Fin

I agree , wallace would be my 1st choice but after that i would put harvin next on the list because of age over bowe and jennings, if the story is true.

19. NRA

NRA Roll Gypsy Roll

folks want to pass on harvin for injuries but want to keep, and pay, jake long for even BIGGER cash!!

hmmmmmmm......

20. ANUFan

ANUFan A True Fan Donator

For a 6th round pick no less...

21. MrEd

MrEd A True Fan

Jake Long doesn't cost us picks and plays LT. Apples and oranges...and on top of that, Wallace is available for no picks as should Markus Wheaton for pennies at pick 42.

22. Penntastic

Penntastic Well-Known Member

NO WAY....issues with teammates and coaches in the past. why do you think Minn. is trying to get rid of his sorry A**. A cancer....and we certainly dont need that around here.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2013
  23. SQuinn17

SQuinn17 League Dominator

Stop it with this Markus Wheaton guy. He nowhere near where Harvin was coming out of college. Not even close.

24. kvado16

kvado16 A True Fan

Ehh I'd do it if he can play on the outside, because isn't he a slot receiver? The only reason I'd trade for him is because he's younger and better than the guys in free agency. Or get this maybe the Vikes would consider taking Bess for Harvin along with some lower draft picks, I think its logical because it really sounds like they don't want this guy anymore and when they trade him its going to open up a hole for a slot receiver and Bess is one of the best. Then we can get Wallace in the free agency, ok maybe I'm getting a little carried away but its definitely doable and it would make us an electrifying team with all that speed.

25. MiamiMuss

MiamiMuss A True Fan

I would swap 1st rd picks and Chicago's 3rd rd picks for the Vikes 3rd to get him.This guy has Elite talent and would be a great addition to this offense.

Harvins a way better fit for this offense than any other WR in FA.

26. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 A True Fan

Harvin is a mofo'in stud!! And hes only 24! my god! if he goes to new england I will die

27. DolfanDuBbZ~

DolfanDuBbZ~ Avoid the 'Noid

Everything in GB, says they don't have to learn to deal w/ these type of players. Why should MIA?

With chronic migranes and the fact we have no idea w/ the compensation would be. I would pass. Draft your depth and youth.

28. Shouright

Shouright A True Fan

Post deleted.

29. zach8111

zach8111 Pro Bowler

they are trying to get something for him NOW because they cant afford to resign him after the season

30. fanfin

fanfin A True Fan

Travis Kelcie will be long gone by 7th round

31. PHAZINPHINZPHAN

PHAZINPHINZPHAN Seasoned Veteran

I would trade our top 3rd round pick or our bottom 2nd round pick. I wouldnt give him a new contract unless he was performing up to par by the middle of the season. If he was performing I would give him a 5 year 45 mil contract with 22.5 guaranteed.

32. kvado16

kvado16 A True Fan

33. Daytona Fin

I hear you. This is the nfl, eventually you have to take on somebody that isn't a model teammate/citizen, philbin seems like a guy who can deal or work with people if he needs to. Even if you try to draft guys that are good characters doesn't necessarily mean they will remain that way.

As far as drafting and building with youth, I like it but we have to remember who is on the hot seat, our gm. He don't have 2,3,4 years to build. He has to have results next year and I have a feeling he isn't going to be relying on 4 or 5 rookies to save his job next year. He needs playmakers and guys that get in the red zone, harvin is that in so many ways.

34. Blake the great

Blake the great A True Fan

Some people on here kill me. Just because we draft someone in the 2nd round such as Markus Wheaton or whoever doesnt mean he's going to be our game changer, when is the last time we drafted one those in the 2nd round or in any round? Our chances arent very good for us to draft a player more dynamic than harvin. you trade a 2nd round for Harvin in a heartbeat especially since we have two 2nd rounders and two third rounders.

35. PHAZINPHINZPHAN

If you are talking over the course of 4 or 5 years you are talking about possibly 10 million less between the 2. I take Harvin and send them the 2nd or 3rd round pick. Most likely this regime will only pick mediocre to average talent anyways.

36. DolfanDuBbZ~

So you throw a late 2nd round pick, without giving a contract. And you think this regime has issues.

37. mike1012

mike1012 Member

i would package two seconds for him. a proven elite player is way better than taking a chance on two unproven players. imo. living in minnesota i get to see every game he's palyed and he is an elite talent. obviously he would instantly upgrade the receiving core but dont forget he's one of the most dangerous kick returners in the game. trade for harvin, sign jennings and resign hartline. philbin could recreate the green bay offense in no time. jennings would fill his same role, hartline could be our poor mans jordy nelson and harvin would be an even better version of cobb. resign long, draft a stud tight end and lets roll!

38. Travis34

Travis34 chea Finheaven VIP Donator

Extremely injury prone is extremely OVERBLOWN.

Harvin suffered a freak accident this season to put him on IR, and his migraines are no longer a concern.

I'd love to grab him and a FA still though. Harvin is going to want a new contract as well, thats the only reason he's been fighting with the coaches I believe.. It basically guarantees we'll go defense round 1 if we were to grab 2 receivers in free agency. Likely no Hartline either.

39. SQuinn17

SQuinn17 League Dominator

I think it's different for us though. GB had a ton of depth at the skill positions and won a super bowl a few years back. We don't have ANY playmakers at the WR position and haven't made the playoffs in years.

40. mike1012

mike1012 Member

i would send two second round picks and not even think twice about it. a proven elite talent coming into his prime is way better than two unproven players. trade for harvin, sign jennings and resign hartline and philbin can recreate teh green bay offense. jennings fills his same roll, hartline can be our poor mans version of jordy nelson and harvin would be an even better version of cobb. draft a stud te or try to get finley if he's released. and lets roll

41. PHAZINPHINZPHAN

Yes you wait to see if the player performs. Yes a 2nd round pick is steep. but if the player performs you are going to sign him to an 8 mill a year contract. If he falls flat or gets hurt you sign him for cheaper. If not you let him walk and you lose the 2nd or 3rd round pick but you still have the money for the following year instead of being hampered if the player doesnt pan out or ends up being subpar.

42. DolfanDuBbZ~

The philosophy has been there for years. Prior to the emergence of this current crop of WR in GB.

Certain franchises have for many years thought you draft to success. GB just happens to be one of those franchises. They also had a QB in waiting, to ease the transition and ability of the franchise to continue to stock pile depth. Which MIA, while has a decent amount of money. Will not, in my estimation, lead to a glut of money being thrown at one position in FA. Nor do you trade away picks, prior to the draft, to take a player who is playing his way out of, off of, his current team.

Nothing since Philbins arrival points to these types of players working in MIA. I hope it stays that way. It just takes one head case to destroy a locker room. Give me a dozen Drivers, Jennings and/or Nelsons, over a dozen Harvins.

But meh, all this speculation here for certain peoples pet projects. Will never come to reality. This is the NFL with a hard cap. The over spending now, will lead to problems down the road.

43. Blake the great

Draft our youth? when's the last time we drafted someone as talented as Harvin and what makes you think we will now? I think some of yall like the idea of building through the draft but have failed to realize that sometimes you gotta bring in some proven talent. Did the Ravens draft Boldin or Jacoby Jones? Nope and they were huge this post season

44. Miamifin23

Miamifin23 Seasoned Veteran

Anyone not taking Hardin for a second is crazy.. Young, explosive, versatile... What more could you ask for.. Spend the money and surround Tannehill with weapons, not players

45. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Premium Member

The Dolphins HAD one of the best wide receivers in all of football on roster and they traded him away for two 3rd round picks because he was a headcase.

If they were to trade for Percy Harvin it would be an admission that was the wrong move. I don't see them doing that. I see them sticking to their guns and saying players that are significant headaches do not belong on this roster regardless of talent.

And don't sit here and try and convince me that Percy Harvin is not a headache, or not as bad as Brandon Marshall. There are all kinds of stories about him from Florida and Minnesota, it's clear he's a very troubled person. He once choked his wide receivers coach at Florida and it was hushed up. He also failed drug tests. He quit during a conditioning drill at Florida and was never punished. He got into all kinds of battles with Brad Childress and even hurled a weight slab at Childress in the weight room, all because Childress questioned whether his ankle was bothering him more than he let on and insisted he get an MRI done on it. Leslie Frazier is supposed to be a player's coach and is supposed to get along with Percy Harvin, but then Percy is seen on national television jawing at Frazier during a game, and then later in the season got into another heated exchange with Frazier in front of all the other players and staff members. And this was after he got upset about something or other in Percy World and decided he's going to request a trade.

He's had problems with EVERY coaching staff he's played under since high school. I'm not going to tell people whether the Dolphins should grab a talented but troubled player. Some teams have done it and gotten away with it. Other teams haven't./

But I am going to sit here and say that anyone that justifies the Brandon Marshall trade on the basis of Brandon's being a headache player, and then turns around and espouses the merits of trading for Percy Harvin...are making hypocrites of themselves.

46. Daytona Fin

I don't know the whole story but I highly doubt brandon was begging to stay, he probably told dolphins he wanted out. He clearly wanted no part of our qb situation. He was in that altercation at a club days before he was traded also. Either way he is and was a nut job. I would really hate to see harvin slip into bellichiks hands.

47. Blake the great

I agree with. Im just tired of people saying that we need to build through the draft, we have to add some proven talent. I hope we sign Jennings, I dont think he will demand as much money as Bowe or Wallace. And Jennings is a high character guy, love that about him. I would to sign Jennings and maybe go after a TE whether it's Jared Cook, Keller, or Finley. We tried to draft a TE last year and it didnt work out (Egnew). In recent years we havent drafted any playmakers, not even in recent years, more like the last decade or more. The Ravens didnt draft Jacoby Jones or Boldin and they were key in the post season for the Ravens

48. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Premium Member

I hear where you're coming from. I just don't think Percy is going to become a Dolphin.

49. silverfin

silverfin FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

I don't doubt that the Dolphins are looking to trade for somebody; I do think they'll make some sort of trade this offseason because they have the draft picks to do it. Will it be a receiver? Maybe, but I don't imagine it'll be Percy Harvin. Brandon Marshall is a diva who was traded because he is not a good locker room guy. Well guess what? Thats exactly what Harvin is. Percy does not fit the bill in terms of what Joe Philbin is searching for character wise, so I can't imagine this trade will happen.

There is another reason why this is news. There was a report on nfl.com a few days back that the Vikings were interested in Greg Jennings, and this story will do nothing to calm that interest. The fins priority should remain Jennings ... but Harvin leaving Minnesota means that could be one more team in play for Jennings when free agency kicks off. The Dolphins could do without a bidding war breaking out.

50. Wishfishin

Wishfishin Waterboy

Do these stats add up to $7-10 million/yr.?

[TABLE="class: vk_tbl vk_txt, width: 100%"]

Year

Team

Rec

Yds

Avg

Lng

TD

Att

Yds

Avg

[TD="colspan: 10"]