Report: Vikings looking to trade Harvin | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Vikings looking to trade Harvin

I don't agree with the Harvin interest. Why give up a high pick and then also have to pay Harvin the $10mil when you can give the $10mil to Wallace without having to give up a pick?

If this were to be the case, then, yes...Wallace.

I kinda wonder, though. If Harvin wants 7, and Wallace wants 10...is that third round pick a decent equivalent?

When can teams make trades? A 2nd for Harvin would be a steal IMO. I would then focus my attention on Jennings or Bowe in FA. Harvin has a very similar skill set to Mike Wallace.

My only concern is could this team utilize his playmaking ability? I would line him up at RB similar to what GB does with Cobb. I'm just not sure they would utilize him to his full potential. Especially after watching Reggie misused for most of the year. The guy is a real threat in the passing game and could cause mismatches all over the field. Line him and Miller up and it would have been a whole other threat.

I don't agree with the Harvin interest. Why give up a high pick and then also have to pay Harvin the $10mil when you can give the $10mil to Wallace without having to give up a pick?
I agree , wallace would be my 1st choice but after that i would put harvin next on the list because of age over bowe and jennings, if the story is true.

folks want to pass on harvin for injuries but want to keep, and pay, jake long for even BIGGER cash!!

hmmmmmmm......

folks want to pass on harvin for injuries but want to keep, and pay, jake long for even BIGGER cash!!

hmmmmmmm......

Jake Long doesn't cost us picks and plays LT. Apples and oranges...and on top of that, Wallace is available for no picks as should Markus Wheaton for pennies at pick 42.

NO WAY....issues with teammates and coaches in the past. why do you think Minn. is trying to get rid of his sorry A**. A cancer....and we certainly dont need that around here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jake Long doesn't cost us picks and plays LT. Apples and oranges...and on top of that, Wallace is available for no picks as should Markus Wheaton for pennies at pick 42.
Stop it with this Markus Wheaton guy. He nowhere near where Harvin was coming out of college. Not even close.

Ehh I'd do it if he can play on the outside, because isn't he a slot receiver? The only reason I'd trade for him is because he's younger and better than the guys in free agency. Or get this maybe the Vikes would consider taking Bess for Harvin along with some lower draft picks, I think its logical because it really sounds like they don't want this guy anymore and when they trade him its going to open up a hole for a slot receiver and Bess is one of the best. Then we can get Wallace in the free agency, ok maybe I'm getting a little carried away but its definitely doable and it would make us an electrifying team with all that speed.

I would swap 1st rd picks and Chicago's 3rd rd picks for the Vikes 3rd to get him.This guy has Elite talent and would be a great addition to this offense.

Harvins a way better fit for this offense than any other WR in FA.

Harvin is a mofo'in stud!! And hes only 24! my god! if he goes to new england I will die

He would definitely fill a need for us. He is a playmaker and you can never have enough of guys like him.

It doesn't sound like the rocky relationship the vikes and harvin have is going to survive.I would like to know what the vikes are seeking for him. I know some will say he is not a philbin type player because of his actions off the field but at some point philbin has to learn to deal with these type players. Philbin seems like he could bring a guy like harvin , down to earth. I would like to have harvin if it is a reasonable deal.

Everything in GB, says they don't have to learn to deal w/ these type of players. Why should MIA?

With chronic migranes and the fact we have no idea w/ the compensation would be. I would pass. Draft your depth and youth.

NO WAY....issues with teammates and coaches in the past. why do you think Minn. is trying to get rid of his sorry A**. A cancer....and we certainly dont need that around here.

they are trying to get something for him NOW because they cant afford to resign him after the season

Back
Top Bottom