Report: Woody Johnson wants to explore a Darrelle Revis trade | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Woody Johnson wants to explore a Darrelle Revis trade

Typical douchebag move by the team whose depths apparently knows no bounds. You've got the meddlesome, attention headline-whoring owner who just threw Tannenbaum under the bus for foisting Teblow on him (which insiders label as BS) and now he's already usurping the role of his newly hired (after a lot of rejections) GM Itzdick. As to MEvis, aside from the cost being too high for someone who's turning into a china Doll, based on the recent past, it's likely he'd be holding us up every year or two to void his existing contract. For the Fins it's not like he's our last missing piece to justify what would be a huge cost of acquisition, a huge contract and the drama of renegotiation for this brittle corner IMO

I would trade our 1st this year and a 2nd this year and give Revis a generous 5 year contract, let's say 5/45, 20 guaranteed.

I think the Jets would consider it. They are obviously conceding the need to rebuild.

Darrelle Revis - DB - Jets
Yahoo! Sports' Jason Cole reports "at least two teams" have already contacted the Jets about Darrelle Revis' availability.
They won't be the last ones either. Cole notes that Revis' contract will be the main issue in negotiations as he can't be slapped with the franchise tag when his contract expires after the 2013 season. NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports that Revis "doesn't want" to be traded and wants to be a Jet "his whole career."
Source: Jason Cole on Twitter Jan 23 - 9:32 PM

Would love to have Revis in Miami, but I can't see that happening.

It would cost a lot of picks and a HUGE amount of money (think 5 years and $60 million as a starting point).

I'll just be happy for him to be out of the AFC East!

• I agree with Russian bear, it's addition by subtraction in our division and it cost us nothing

Re: Revis on the trading block. Would you?

Only way I would do it is if the contract was heavily incentive laid. Or had a line in there that if he gets hurt for more than half the season he takes a pay cut.

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.

He was over rated before the injury. No thx.

He was over rated before the injury. No thx.

Certainly not . . . he is the closest thing to "shut down" in the league as you will see. He can blanket your team's best WR and he isn't scared to get up there and make a tackle. Make no mistake, he would instantly be the best player on our team if we brought him here.

I would trade our 1st this year and a 2nd this year and give Revis a generous 5 year contract, let's say 5/45, 20 guaranteed.

I think the Jets would consider it. They are obviously conceding the need to rebuild.

5 year / 45 million? Is the 45 million the guaranteed money? Because you are gonna need much more than 5/45 and 20 million guaranteed to get that contract done.

I'd trade for him in a heartbeat. The guy comes up with big plays! We need that on our Defense!

**** I'd do it, and Ireland may just pick the phone up and do the same seeing how his ass is on the line and he wants to get playmakers for the team. As for the Jets possibly not wanting to trade within the division, I think we can all agree the Jets are the furthest thing from intelligent and if we make them an offer they cant refuse there's a good chance they'll bite. Think about it guys if Revis comes to the Dolphins our low ranking pass defense swiftly jumps into the top ten, we have the ground game covered on defense but with the addition of Revis our defense takes the next step into being elite.

Won't be shocked if Baltimore picks him up now that Lewis will be gone and Reed may leave as well.

**** I'd do it, and Ireland may just pick the phone up and do the same seeing how his ass is on the line and he wants to get playmakers for the team. As for the Jets possibly not wanting to trade within the division, I think we can all agree the Jets are the furthest thing from intelligent and if we make them an offer they cant refuse there's a good chance they'll bite. Think about it guys if Revis comes to the Dolphins our low ranking pass defense swiftly jumps into the top ten, we have the ground game covered on defense but with the addition of Revis our defense takes the next step into being elite.

The Jets may not be the most wisely guided franchise in the league, but your "offer they can't refuse" proposal seems like something I'd want no involvement in. One player is not going to fix the team (Brandon Marshall?) and the Jets surely would not let us get away with murder. They'd force two 1st rounders + out of us most likely and we cannot afford that.

Back
Top Bottom