Report: Zach Brown signed for Redskins | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Zach Brown signed for Redskins

old Fins maybe but new management I think BPA be it edge, lb, safety. I don't think a blow your socks off guy is there at 22 so no way they reach with other talent on the board.

I haven't read the whole thread, but has anyone mentioned the fact that the Dolphins could at any given time rescind the free agent tender of Kiko Alonso rendering him a free agent?

Obviously the long term negotiations didn't pan out. Maybe Brown is just a bargaining chip, maybe not.

I don't think they can pull it if he signed it, can they?

The FO under Tannenbaum/Grier has consistently said that they don't want to go into the draft with their hands tied by needs.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

but yet last year even they told teams when they were looking to trade up in round 2 for myles jack that they couldn't include their 2nd round pick in the deal cause they needed it for a corner

so just like most teams need plays a significant factor whether they want to admit it or not

I'd like Brown, wanted him before he signed with Buffalo, still want him now if it's a not-outrageous contract. I think he would set our LB core for starters, and I do believe this front office wants to go BPA...though I think they would limit the positions for BPA in the first round. If they sign Brown, I could see the BPA being Pass rusher/S/OL. A legit player at any of those 3 could make an impact this year, and Wake won't play forever and Branch is slightly average at RDE so we need an heir(or two). A legit G or FS could reasonably step right in.

Need will always play a factor . . . More so in the 2nd round and beyond. Knowing you have a 5th year option in your back pocket, the first round should always be about the best player (except for QB) and his value from a positional and financial outlook.

Juwan James was a need pick in 2014. Last 2 years under Mike Tannenbaum we went BPA. I expect we will do the same here.

Am i not right in saying Lamp is a career tackle being projected to guard? I'd much prefer to draft a guard and do it a bit later in the draft.

I would love to see this assortment of LB's on the field. All are fairly versatile. LT can play Mike or Sam. Kiko can play Weak or Mike. Brown can probably play all 3 spots but would be best at Will or Mike. Hewitt should grow more this year in his 2nd year in the same scheme. Injuries happen and being able to move guys around is a huge asset.

Am i not right in saying Lamp is a career tackle being projected to guard? I'd much prefer to draft a guard and do it a bit later in the draft.

I believe Zack Martin was a tackle at Notre Dame. These guard projections are often very successful and some of the best guards in the NFL were career tackles in college.

College tackle conversion to guard is probably among the most successful transitions in the NFL.

I was one of the biggest advocates for going defense in this draft but one big issue that isn't being discussed much is the healthy of Tannehill. A partially torn ACL will never fully heal on it's own. That's why he is wearing the brace this year. That is taking away a big element of his game. Remember the roll outs and scrambles that resulted in big plays last year? Also, what does that do to his confidence? If I were the coaches, I would build a block wall in front of him and build another brick wall behind that one.

College tackle conversion to guard is probably among the most successful transitions in the NFL.

I was one of the biggest advocates for going defense in this draft but one big issue that isn't being discussed much is the healthy of Tannehill. A partially torn ACL will never fully heal on it's own. That's why he is wearing the brace this year. That is taking away a big element of his game. Remember the roll outs and scrambles that resulted in big plays last year? Also, what does that do to his confidence? If I were the coaches, I would build a block wall in front of him and build another brick wall behind that one.

They don't seem to want to be all in on doing that. Their actions speak loudly, cant see them going Lamp at 22, mainly because they dont look at it as a priority, for one.

I believe Zack Martin was a tackle at Notre Dame. These guard projections are often very successful and some of the best guards in the NFL were career tackles in college.

Bu somehow we seem to have f'd that up twice with Dallas Thomas and Billy Turner. :-\ Go Figure.

Bu somehow we seem to have f'd that up twice with Dallas Thomas and Billy Turner. :-\ Go Figure.

Wasn't Thomas and Turner both tackles converted to guard? I have heard that we will probably draft tackle/guard this year, too. Not going to say it won't work out this time, but considering Pouncey's hip problems, maybe we should go for the center/guard combo instead.

Wasn't Thomas and Turner both tackles converted to guard? I have heard that we will probably draft tackle/guard this year, too. Not going to say it won't work out this time, but considering Pouncey's hip problems, maybe we should go for the center/guard combo instead.

Yes lol sadly

Back
Top Bottom