Report: Zach Brown signed for Redskins | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Zach Brown signed for Redskins

Wasn't Thomas and Turner both tackles converted to guard? I have heard that we will probably draft tackle/guard this year, too. Not going to say it won't work out this time, but considering Pouncey's hip problems, maybe we should go for the center/guard combo instead.

Both guards on the "all pro" team this year were converted college tackles.

Can't let Jeff Ireland's incompetence and Joe Philbin's lack of everything scare you from drafting the easiest conversion position in the NFL.

If we signed Brown, Our First 3 picks should be in no specific order.

1. DE - Dynamic pass rusher to replace Wake
2. FS - Not sure how good the guy we just signed is.
3. LB - To Replace Timmons in a year or two.

After that we should go.
OG
CB - Our Slot corner can be upgraded
Big WR (Bet Hedge in case Parker can't stay healthy or doesn't produce)
QB (5th round or later - To develop to replace Moore. Would be cheaper and Moore is getting older.)
DT - Big Strong Fat Guy that can eat up blockers to help the run defense.

If we signed Brown, Our First 3 picks should be in no specific order.

1. DE - Dynamic pass rusher to replace Wake
2. FS - Not sure how good the guy we just signed is.
3. LB - To Replace Timmons in a year or two.

After that we should go.
OG
CB - Our Slot corner can be upgraded
Big WR (Bet Hedge in case Parker can't stay healthy or doesn't produce)
QB (5th round or later - To develop to replace Moore. Would be cheaper and Moore is getting older.)
DT - Big Strong Fat Guy that can eat up blockers to help the run defense.

Pretty in line with what I am thinking, except unlike most I think we should be looking at a RB in day 3 instead of a big WR. Williams was great at 600K . . . at 1.8 million, you can draft a RB on day 3 that will cost less than that for 3 years . . . and probably have more upside. Let him compete in camp and see if he can make DW expendable.

15s
Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet
FA LB Zach Brown with new representation… and he’s slated to visit the #Bills, his former team, after he leaves the #Dolphins.
Embedded
CSE Talent‏ @CSETalent
#CSEFootball announces Michael Katz as Co-President, and signs Pro Bowl Free Agent Zach Brown #CSETalent

Well well...

15s
Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet
FA LB Zach Brown with new representation… and he’s slated to visit the #Bills, his former team, after he leaves the #Dolphins.
Embedded
CSE Talent‏ @CSETalent
#CSEFootball announces Michael Katz as Co-President, and signs Pro Bowl Free Agent Zach Brown #CSETalent

Well well...

Can't let him leave, or else he's going back to BUF.

15s
Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet
Embedded
CSE Talent‏ @CSETalent

Well well...

I pretty much figured out we weren't going to get Brown! Sign Odrick and Ladarius Webb and just draft your LB.

Sounds to me like he wasn't getting what he wanted/thought he deserves and switched agents and is making a power play by the threat of visit with Buffalo.

15s
Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet
Embedded
CSE Talent‏ @CSETalent

Well well...

Jesus ****ing christ. So essentially his old reps weren't getting him the money he wants. He'll be back in Buffalo.

meh. Not fussed either way, decent player but Poe would have been a much much better signing.

Jesus ****ing christ. So essentially his old reps weren't getting him the money he wants. He'll be back in Buffalo.

1324353131790.gif

In recent years we would've thrown a ton of money at him to make our fan base happy only. Things have changed and it sucks right now to keep "missing out" ,but we all know the long run is what counts and we're not a Zach Brown away. I wanted him before Timmons but whatever!!!
PHINS UP!!!!

Back
Top Bottom