Report: Zach Brown signed for Redskins | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Zach Brown signed for Redskins

What about Willis?

id be ok with that too cause there's no better time to go get a de in the draft then when you don't technically need one and the market for them in free agency is nuts so if I a 1st round grade one falls to you that projects every down down the road I think you have to seriously consider it...and Miami can find rotational snaps for said player

but for me at least given I go with tape more than anything else I see more upside with taco...it's a chance I'd take...and again I think this draft de wise is gonna fall off quick in what guys project long term if you wait around for it...I just don't see a top 20 grade player on tape with willis and I love tacos potential...so im swinging for the fences

i may hit a double but I'm doubting I'm gonna flat out strike out...if he's not a better overall football player than the incumbent andre branch i will be floored...

I think brown wants to stay in buffalo using us to drive up the price. We'll see!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the opposite. I think he wants to sign with Miami and we won't offer him as much as Oakland or any other team did. This guy wants to cash in after having his best season. Every visit he takes is essentially to drive up his bargaining strength.

Everytime we don't sign a player who visits are we going to use that same old tired line that we got used?

When has anyone preferred to go to Buffalo over Miami?

I didn't see this yet but here is a tweet from his friend that broke the story he was visiting:

22m
Jamal Womble‏ @ReadytoWomble
Got his new agent a little while ago it was just reported late. As I said other teams are hanging around but would have to spend more

It was reported he had a new agent last night and was reported as such.

Going to visit with Buffalo after Miami. Cannot sign with anyone for 5 days after changing agents, I believe.

I think brown wants to stay in buffalo using us to drive up the price. We'll see!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's no way that would work. Have you seen NY income tax vs Florida? All we would have to do is match anything Buffalo would offer, for the right price, and he would earn more with us. Just show him the simple calculations of it. I think in this case it's Miami that has the leverage.

I think the opposite. I think he wants to sign with Miami and we won't offer him as much as Oakland or any other team did. This guy wants to cash in after having his best season. Every visit he takes is essentially to drive up his bargaining strength.

Everytime we don't sign a player who visits are we going to use that same old tired line that we got used?

When has anyone preferred to go to Buffalo over Miami?

I'll answer...NEVER!!! Especially not the NEW Miami Dolphins. Buffalo sucks, are in disarray, and its's Buffalo lol
He's shocked the terms he's hearing and his options are limited. I would love to have him personally. I think he's using other teams as well.
His buddy sure seemed legit in every word he speaks except for the famous and annoying "Deal is close, nothing set in stone yet"
That $*** gets annoying. He was a 2nd team all pro last year at 27 years old. I'd fire my agent too.
Most likely he'll go back to the cold hell of Buffalo after he realized we don't throw money at anyone anymore. Zach, think about all the fishing you could do? Is he married? hope not lol
Great Miami advantage (;
PHINS UP!!

We are using Miami to our advantage. Aside from the obvious tax benefit living in FL. brings over living NY. It's Miami.

So many players spend their off season down there or simply reside their because it's where they are from. If you want to live and play in Miami, simply put, you'll have to take less.

Julius Thomas did it.

If you draft well, you'll have all the leverage you need. For years we didn't draft well and had to compensate with free agents.

Going to visit with Buffalo after Miami. Cannot sign with anyone for 5 days after changing agents, I believe.

I mean, if that is the case, he can still "agree to terms" and sign the contract at a later date. Or "sign" with a team and sign the contract later, as many players do.

Armando Salguero‏Verified account @ArmandoSalguero 13m13 minutes ago
More
Dolphins want Zach Brown (obviously) but have no intention of paying big or engaging in a bidding battle. Similar approach as Dontari Poe.

The Poe offer was insultingly low, I wouldnt hold your breath on this one.

Armando Salguero‏Verified account @ArmandoSalguero 13m13 minutes ago
More
Dolphins want Zach Brown (obviously) but have no intention of paying big or engaging in a bidding battle. Similar approach as Dontari Poe.

The Poe offer was insultingly low, I wouldnt hold your breath on this one.

there you have it

id be ok with that too cause there's no better time to go get a de in the draft then when you don't technically need one and the market for them in free agency is nuts so if I a 1st round grade one falls to you that projects every down down the road I think you have to seriously consider it...and Miami can find rotational snaps for said player

but for me at least given I go with tape more than anything else I see more upside with taco...it's a chance I'd take...and again I think this draft de wise is gonna fall off quick in what guys project long term if you wait around for it...I just don't see a top 20 grade player on tape with willis and I love tacos potential...so im swinging for the fences

i may hit a double but I'm doubting I'm gonna flat out strike out...if he's not a better overall football player than the incumbent andre branch i will be floored...

Good points. Taco is a bigger guy and played against better competition. Don't know the players well enough to say who I'd prefer, but Willis was obviously outstanding at the combine. Could be someone who really responds with good coaching.

Miami seems to be setting it up to go BPA, especially if Brown (or another like linebacker) is signed. That may mean a corner or safety early. Still would like to see a concentration on defense and pass rushers.

I think the big difference between Poe and Brown is that we Poe would've been more of a luxury signing and Brown is needed more to fill an immediate need.

While DT is a more important position, the need is greater for a LB. If we are going to consider upping our offer I'd assume it would be more likely to happen with Brown.

Back
Top Bottom