Reppin Mock Version 1.0, Rounds 1-3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reppin Mock Version 1.0, Rounds 1-3

ReppinThe941

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I was putting off doing my mock until most of the Free Agency moves were set in motion. So here is how I believe/want the draft to go for our beloved Phins.
#1 - Heres to hoping the new uniforms "blow our mind" draft Night. lol. Im not thrilled about the logo. Anyways.......

1, 12 - WR Tavon Austin

I understand a lot of our resources have already been devoted to this position this offseason. I can just see this pick as very possible for a few reasons. I feel we have too many holes to trade up (as has been rumored) and snag Lane Johnson. I see the top 3 OTs off the board. Milliner will obviously be long gone. Which leads me to Werner (If available), Rhodes, and Austin as the 3 guys on our radar. Werner is a beast but I feel as if we have already spent a 1st rounder on a player similar in Odrick (less natural pass rusher obviously). hes a strong side DE who will likely average around 6 to 10 sacks a season in his career. Not going to be a pass rushing dynamo. Rhodes is physical, big framed, and a great bump and run guy. I feel he should be the pick and can be taught the zone savvy-ness needed to thrive. Im feeling very confident in either Austin or Rhodes. I feel as a top 12 pick, Austin is a game changer and would become a more valuable player to us as he developed. Bess' slot replacment next year after using him on bubbles, screens and down the seem as a rookie. I would also LOVE to trade back in the first from 12 into the Mid and take Eifert while snagging another 2nd or 3rd in the process. Also lets not forget about Jarvis jones.....He is very much in play if available I feel. Just thinking about the speed on the offensive side of the ball with him(Austin) is scary. Wallace, Miller, Austin all can take it to the house at any moment.

2, 42 - CB Johnthan Banks

Big corner with great balls skills. Kind of guy who can (apparently) hold onto some of those possible INTs we let slip through our fingers so often last year.

2, 54 - OT Terron Armstead

Moving Martin to LT leaves a glaring need (obviously) at RT. Im basing this pick off the apparent love and need our front office has for athletic o-linemen.

3, 77 - DE Corey Lemonier

A guy I feel who is going to absolutely be a dynamic speed pass rusher. Could instantly come in and compete with OV for nickle pass rushing duty. with time could develope into Wake's bro when Odrick gets kicked inside next season.

3, 82 - CB Tyrann Mathieu

Taking our second 3rd rounder on a guy with character 'concerns". Regardless he makes plays and game impacting/changing plays. Also happens to be a huge position of need.

Still working on Rounds 4-7 but feeling very confident in this mock. Feel I would love this draft and while being sexy...fills an ample amount of needs. What do you think?

Lemonier is a guy who I really like and have some trouble understanding why so many mocks and rankings have him on the board til the 3rd. I get that he doesn't have the best bend or ideal build for an edge guy, but his speed and tenacity on the edge is devastating, and I think he has some good upper-body strength to hang engaged and has a nice rip move on the outside.

Anyways, I think your mock picks him where most people have him going, I just see him as more talented and likely to be gone in the first 40 picks. I have a hard time reading his projections. Obviously I concur with that pick! I think the Banks pick depends on which CBs go in the end of the first; my guess is that a lot will go there, but let's hope not - Banks wouldn't be as good an option as say Slay, imo.

Why doesn't he?

Too slow(4.61 combine)...not physical enough for his size...sound like anybody we recently had in Miami?

Remember...college football is the minor leagues...the skills that may make you a good corner in college does not neccesarily make you a good pro.

He was more often than not facing guys in college that won't make it in the Pro's.

We won't draft this guy, probably not Rhodes either....if we go corner in round one look for Trufant.

Honey badger with the 3rd...No Way. Under sized and slow. Maybe with a 5th but not a 3rd

Too slow(4.61 combine)...not physical enough for his size...sound like anybody we recently had in Miami?

Remember...college football is the minor leagues...the skills that may make you a good corner in college does not neccesarily make you a good pro.

He was more often than not facing guys in college that won't make it in the Pro's.

We won't draft this guy, probably not Rhodes either....if we go corner in round one look for Trufant.

Ok Sean Smith is def a 4.4 guy not a 4.6 guy. Banks is very physical and uses his size to his advantage a lot more than Smith ever did. Hes a GREAT run defending corner and played in a wide variety of Zone is college. Also played against top competition. He appears to be a perfect fit for what Coyle is looking for. Your entire argument is flawed...just my opinion. Well see how Ire feels on draft day.

Honey badger with the 3rd...No Way. Under sized and slow. Maybe with a 5th but not a 3rd
I would much rather take a flyer on a guy who has proven hes a FOOTBALL player and not just a workout warrior. He can do a lot of jobs. Special teams, nickle, possible being developed into the boundary. Yeah hes under sized, so are a few other very productive corners in this league. Plus game speed means more than what you run in drawers. Watch some of his film.....he plays way fast

Lemonier is a guy who I really like and have some trouble understanding why so many mocks and rankings have him on the board til the 3rd. I get that he doesn't have the best bend or ideal build for an edge guy, but his speed and tenacity on the edge is devastating, and I think he has some good upper-body strength to hang engaged and has a nice rip move on the outside.

Anyways, I think your mock picks him where most people have him going, I just see him as more talented and likely to be gone in the first 40 picks. I have a hard time reading his projections. Obviously I concur with that pick! I think the Banks pick depends on which CBs go in the end of the first; my guess is that a lot will go there, but let's hope not - Banks wouldn't be as good an option as say Slay, imo.
I def am worried about him going earlier, just hoping with all of the talent at that position in this draft he's still there at 2B or 3A. Really think wiht him and Wake coming off the edge and starks, odrick, Ellerbe, Wheeler getting push up the middle. The pass rush would be vastly improved.

I have to agree with not taking banks in the 2nd.... to be honest i like the other CB Darius Slay alot better then Banks anyways. Would love to see Austin and slay and armstead as our first 3 picks. Im the 3rd i would draft another CB like Hayden instead of honey badger.... Dont know much about the DE u picked

I have to agree with not taking banks in the 2nd.... to be honest i like the other CB Darius Slay alot better then Banks anyways. Would love to see Austin and slay and armstead as our first 3 picks. Im the 3rd i would draft another CB like Hayden instead of honey badger.... Dont know much about the DE u picked
I just dont understand why most people want to take Banks teammate Slay more than him. Just beceause Slay ran a faster 40 doesnt make him the better football player. Slay was also thrown at and tested a lot more than Banks was last season. That should tell you what opposing teams thought about the two when game planning.

Nice draft. Austin is on my short list of players I want Miami to draft at #12. Lemonier is very interesting. I like him a lot and he definitely seems somewhat under the radar considering his talent. Not sure I'd put him opposite Wake, though. Can he play OLB? Banks is a good player, but his speed at the combine is a real concern at that position. I might go his teammate, Darrius Slay there or DJ Hayden.

Gotta disagree here. Banks would be a fine fit in a zone scheme. As for Rhodes I certainly wouldn't rule him out. He is getting knocked because he played press so much but in reality...it shouldn't be a knock. He did what he was asked to do, and that was to eliminate the other teams best receiver. Hard to fault him for that. Theres nothing to suggest he wouldn't be great in zone as well. The only problem I would have with picking Rhodes is drafting him and not letting him do what he does best...which is bump and run. However, I think he is a better player than Trufant personally.

we will not take honey badger. he's just not a "philbin type guy" with the off-the-field issues. LOVE the tavon austin pick at 12. Lets bring as many playmakers in as possible!

Back
Top Bottom