Reshad Jones restructures contract | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reshad Jones restructures contract

Team guy! Great move all around. We're not done shopping boys!
shopping-spree-devinism.gif

I'm going to ask a question that I really don't know the answer to. Why would a player not agree to a restructure of his contract? It seems like he's making the same salary it's just a matter of moving the numbers around so where is the negative to doing so?

I'm ok with this. Now, will they go for the Tannehill restructure too? Based on the MO of this front office (poor decisions, short-sightedness), I'd say that's likely.

I'm ok with this. Now, will they go for the Tannehill restructure too? Based on the MO of this front office (poor decisions, short-sightedness), I'd say that's likely.

Or maye Stills.

The fact he restructured tells me two things, one he’s a team guy, and two... he must not have been a big fan of suh

I'm going to ask a question that I really don't know the answer to. Why would a player not agree to a restructure of his contract? It seems like he's making the same salary it's just a matter of moving the numbers around so where is the negative to doing so?
I’d think it has to do with tax purposes.... NFLs bonuses are taxed at S/T cap gains and not income I do believe. I could be wrong though.

I’d think it has to do with tax purposes.... NFLs bonuses are taxed at S/T cap gains and not income I do believe. I could be wrong though.

I think your right.. bonuses are just normally taxed at a higher rate. Where I'm at any work related bonus gets taxed 27%

The fact he restructured tells me two things, one he’s a team guy, and two... he must not have been a big fan of suh
and three...he's probably saying "I better co-operate, not make waves and hold on to my 9 million dollar paycheck"...lol

Still people her complaining after all the "we never keep good talent" talk? Can some of you guys find positive in anything at all? bc this is positive. Easily one of our best defensive players and top 3 at his position in the league. He helped the team. We are not rebuilding, they are playing a strategic game with a definite end game in sight. It may not work but they aren't sitting around on their hands. I like that.....even if you fail you do it trying and fighting. I can respect that.

Back
Top Bottom