Retire a Dolphins number | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Retire a Dolphins number

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Retired_Numbers.0.png

Today, we are going to look back again at the all-time greats for the team, and ask you to come up with one number who should join the three players with retired numbers. So far in their history, the Miami Dolphins have retired the numbers 12 (quarterback Bob Griese), 13 (quarterback Dan Marino), and 39 (running back Larry Csonka). Who should be next?
http://www.thephinsider.com/2017/6/...-retire-jason-taylor-zach-thomas-cameron-wake

If Taylor had never gone to the Jets...

JT and Zach.

I honestly thought and still think Zach was the better player.

Obviously his career didn't last as long and he doesn't have the "sexy" sacks stats.

Zach made game changing play every week. Ints, FF, Fr, Tds, and hits that would end players days.

I think #54 and #99 should be retired.

Ask yourself this..Could you ever imagine someone wearing # 54 or #99?

I can't. They were my heroes growing up.

What a bada$$ D we had!!

6 pro bowls, first ballot hall of famer and a Walter Payton man of the year. I have no qualms with 99 getting retired. Same with 54. Those are two numbers that are iconic for our team and it would just be weird seeing any other player wear it.

If Zach and JT had a qb, and not Wanstedt I think this is a no brainer. Even though JT is a first ballot HOF if I could only have one retired it would be Zach.

Gotta be 54 if I had to chose one. Criminally under rated in my opinion! Landry is our new Zach of the offense and similarly under rated.

So in a hundred years, do we push a league wide reset button on retired numbers or start adding letters to jerseys?

5A with the tackle on 8D...you sunk my battleship.

Or let's say this game starts to transcend 3d logic and we opt to retire all the numbers. Giving us the edge we need to confuse defense's further.

And the Super Bowl MVP goes to...That guy!

You don't in my opinion retire every number of every good player you have.

Csonka was legendary....Marino was legendary. And though many Dolphin fans of today fail to realize it...Griese was considered by his peers at the top of the heap of 70's QB's...and won back to back superbowls....and won 2 NFL MVP awards.

I wouldn't put Jason Taylor or Zach Thomas on that level.

Had Dwight Stephenson played longer...
.he was great enough to consider.

I really don't see anybody else on that level...retiring numbers should be reserved for a rare few.

I think retired numbers should be for all time greats. Marino is the only one in the generation I have watched. I wasn't around for the 70's fins.

JT and Zach were both excellent players on teams that could have done something with a few more players and a coach. Neither really transcended the position. Zach is the ultimate over achieving LB and JT helped usher in the long/quick DE. They both deserve HOF and a ring of honor enshrinement. Retired number is a step above that. That is the area Marino is in.

Back
Top Bottom