Reuben Foster failed drug test at combine. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reuben Foster failed drug test at combine.

You buy that story? I'd offer you some swampland in Florida, but I suspect you've already bought into that too...

:lol: uhhh no. I'm not saying I buy his story, didn't quite say that. Majority of guys toke in college (and/or in the pro's) so of course there is plenty of doubt. I simply stated the logical- his story makes sense. Being sick with the flu (during flu season, mind you)would definitely require hydration to get your body back to healthy and get you feeling better. A doctor would absolutely recommend an IV. He clearly chose to try to get better at home/not in a hospital, and was losing weight. It is a plausible story, but it doesn't make it true. Had this been some repeat offender, like a Dion Jordan, it would be different. The dude deserves SOME benefit of the doubt. I bet Slimm has more insight into this than anyone else here and would know about the dude

They don't have to make him prove it...

It was his job not to present a diluted sample...then to try a cover-up with this ****-n-bull story, I wouldn't trust him as far as I could kick him.

That doesn't mean I wouldn't take him at #22 in the right circumstances.

It's not like he can't ask his doctor to simply verify he saw him. Not that much medical info to divulge if you really want to prove your innocence... :idk:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't care if players smoke. It's a stupid law and it's treated idiotically by the NFL. However, I had the same stupid rule in the Army. I had the same stupid rule at a couple of employers afterwards. I knew that. So, when I knew we had a test coming up (and we always knew), I did something crazy: I didn't smoke. I didn't do any drugs. ****, I didn't even drink the day before just to be safe.

When players fail these tests, it raises serious red flags. They are dumber than the average NFL player, which means they are incredibly dumb. Despite the fact that Tunsil clearly smokes, he still passed the test. Awesome. He meets a minimum standard of intelligence (though just barely, given that he let friends film/take pictures of that). Foster, on the other hand...

This situation isn't comparable to Tunsil. That vid was known to be years old, and he would not come in the league in the substance abuse program. Reuben will and could have 8 games holding over his head.

La'el Collins all over again. Or Tunsil all over again!

Trade down take him and pick up picks BABY!

Depends what he took.

If its pot it should add to his value - just sayin!

Not comparable to either of those situations.

So many of y'all sound like experts but I promise yall don't know sh** so why try to state things as "facts" when you clearly don't know anything.

I might be swinging all day long at Rueben bong ripping Foster...But I'm still the digging the TJ Watt as the 22

Side note, I'm totally off Joe Mixon and Mike Pouncey...whatever

If the shoulder is deemed ok I'd draft him for sure.

If we don't get a pass rusher in round 1....I like Demarcus Walker in round 2......Willis will be long gone by our 2nd pick.

I don't think foster draft stock will fall as bad as Tunsil because like others have mentioned, teams have a few days to look into this guys background where as the Tunsil video hit directly before the draft started and teams didn't have time to look into it. But if Foster does fall to #22 I'm all for taking a chance on that talent.

Sure it is.

Here is why.

Collins proved group think at an idiotic level for NFL teams and managers. The Dolphins BLEW IT big time and I do not forgive them. They lived in he's guilty land before proven innocent. So right there its the same.

Fans get caught in the same myopia as the league - here we are as fans paying our money to watch guys smash their bodies to pieces - give themselves concussions - shorten their life spans - and the league comes out with this holier then thou attitude about substances - especially marijuana - which is actually much less unhealthy then most any other drug including alcohol.

People make mistakes - ALL OF US!

To fail a drug test does NOT make him stupid!

IT makes him human.

Not taking Collins was a huge mistake for EVERY team in the league including Dallas.

And Not taking Tunsil makes at least 10 teams before Miami picked last year bone heads!

If the kid passes a level of the smell test - that is the Dolphins personnel can interview Foster and establish that his mistake was a one off and a workable condition - TAKE HIM!

In fact trade up to get him if you have to...

Not comparable to either of those situations.

All signs point to Foster being a selfish and stupid asshole. I don't really want that guy on the Dolphins.

So many of y'all sound like experts but I promise yall don't know sh** so why try to state things as "facts" when you clearly don't know anything.

111909946_medium_dc629f.jpg

Highly doubt we take Foster when Gase/Grier just talked about selecting players of high character. That description doesn't fit Foster.

Back
Top Bottom