Rev Kev - Mock | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rev Kev - Mock

Rev Kev

Tank for Tua Apologist
Club Member
Reaction score
Miami selects

DT Louis Dix ND first round - (with all the plethora of good online Hickey for the run stopper)

Tackle / Guard Brandon Thomas Clemson in the 2nd

RB Jeremy Hill LSU in the third round -

I like the Idea of getting a RB in the first three rounds. Hill looks solid.

I'd rather keep Soliai and draft a play maker on offense or defense with the 19th pick (Lewan would have been nice, but I always felt that it'd be unlikely for him to fall to us), but I like your 3rd RD pick. I still have Hill as a solid 1st RD talent. I don't care about his combine. That said, with his off the field issues, his combine performance could see him fall to the 3rd. Stealing? Yes. Realistic? Yeah.

Running backs are a dime a dozen. You can get good backs late in the draft.

Love Brandon Thomas, he's one of my personal favorites. Think he can play both guard and tackle spots and is a solid 2nd round talent. I'm still going through the RB's but my initial takeaway of Hill was he's a little stiff, not very shifty at the second level. We'll see what conclusion I come to after a few more games, know the board is high on him. Highly doubt he's on our board regardless, same with Hyde who I like a ton. I don't want a DT in the first either, rather go playmaker or trade down. Mosley, Ebron, Amaro (more in a trade down). Also could look at Martin and Su'a-Filo.

Based on adding 2 fa linemen see a D player first rd as the line prospects are killing it - this is a deep deep draft

I'd rather keep Soliai and draft a play maker on offense or defense with the 19th pick (Lewan would have been nice, but I always felt that it'd be unlikely for him to fall to us), but I like your 3rd RD pick. I still have Hill as a solid 1st RD talent. I don't care about his combine. That said, with his off the field issues, his combine performance could see him fall to the 3rd. Stealing? Yes. Realistic? Yeah.

Hill moves the pile and at least falls forward

Also this mock is based on getting two starters on oline on FA -

For the record I am down with an OT like Lewan in the first - I think Hickey knows value of Defense when the draft is overly stacked with offense and QB starved teams it means the cream on D rises to the top

I would rather resign Solai and sign a play maker at 19.
Ebron or Mosley would be my pick there.

For now (if it plays out)...

Sign Wilfork & DQwell

then draft Nix or Z Martin at 19 & Sankey or Deone Bucannon at 50.

What's left in Wilfork, he has his rings?

But like the either or Nix or LT at #19

Maybe -> Sankey or Deone Bucannon at 50 still too early to select a RB for me

Back
Top Bottom