Review of a talented team- Things could be fixed (pros/cons) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Review of a talented team- Things could be fixed (pros/cons)

RB23RW34

Rookie
Reaction score
Ok so I don't ever do this... I've been registered w/ FinHeaven since 2005, and a Dolphins fan since well before that, but I felt like making a post explaining how I feel would help me recover after another heart breaking loss. Easiest way is to make a pros/cons list and vent off of that. I apologize if this is a repeat thread. I will not get into Ireland or the coaching. I like Philbin and his attitude. Remember he is a rookie too.

PROS:
-Development of Tannehill: Regardless of what some people are saying, we would be 3-1 w/ Matt Moore, or Tannehill is turning the ball over to much, we need to take the positives with the negatives. The KID is playing solid football. He's been an NFL starter for 4 weeks, dont forget that. Ryan was 1 YARD SHORT of Cam Newton's NFL passing record for yards in a game for a rookie. Carolina lost that game last year, and people were raving about Newton. They still are to an extend (minus that NY Giant game). I feel Tannehill will shatter that record in the next few weeks and result in a win. Give the KID some time, and wins will be the end result. He has all the talent in the world and he is starting to show it.
-FRONT 7: No one can run on us. No one. That will remain constant for the rest of the season, and resigning Starks is a must. Teams will have to continue to beat us in the air. Very possible.
-Cam Wake: Looked like a beast yesterday. 4.5 sacks (might be bumped to 5 after league film review). His season has finally started, and I believe a 20 sack season is extremely possible.
-Koa Misi: Didn't have a great game yesterday but played above average, like the entire season so far. His talent has finally broken out. I like what he brings to this team, could be a leader for years to come
-Sean Smith: Much better than anticipated. I was a Vontae guy through and through. Ireland made the right call here. Pay Sean at the end of the season. Kid is top 10 CB in the game now, and will only get better.
-Reggie: Minus yesterday, Bush has looked MVP-Like. Another light week of practice for him and he should be fine. Reggie is a playmaker and a leader.
-Hartline and Bess: A Miami Dolphin WR is leading the league in receiving yards. How many of you thought this would have happened. Brian Hartline is a number 1 WR. Not to say we dont need another threat ex. Dwayne Bowe or Mike Wallace but this dude is really good. I'm very happy this Chad Johnson experiment didnt work out, because the ball would have been going his way more than half the time. Davone Bess continues to shine as a NFL receiver. Solid play all around. WR is not out biggest hole as many expected.
-Jorvorksi Lane: NFL Fullback. Solid and dependable. He got that 4th and 1. Very bad spot. Tough player.
-OLine: Nothing to brag about, but nothing to harp on either. The more time they play together the better they will get. Long isnt himself, which is worrying, but he is too skilled to give up on.

CONS:
-Entire Secondary minus Sean Smith: Richard Marshall is no good. Nolan Carroll is even worse. Chris Clemons is worthless. Jimmy Wilson was picked in the 7th round for a reason. They all suck. I like Reshad Jones as a tackler, dont know about his coverage skills. This needs improvement. Spend one of those high draft picks on a CB. Please. If we finish below .500, this is the reason why. No questions asked.
-Dansby: Sure he leads the team in tackles, I dont care. No Dolphin fan should care. He's an overpaid bum. NFL starter, sure... not team leader tho. Stop running your mouth and make a tackle when it matters. I was excited like everyone else to sign him... Now I'm hoping he is gone next year, with a suitable replacement of course.
-Tight Ends: All of them are terrible. Don't say Fasano is good because he isnt. Make a catch when it counts. So unreliable its scary. Decent blocker, but thats no reason to continue to be an NFL starter. Dallas gave him up for nothing for a reason and it wasnt because they had Witten. Charles Clay is wasted talent. Its sad. Michael Egnew is pathetic. I wish Dan Campbell could punch him in the face then maybe he'd wake up. This needs a major upgrade. I know people don't want to hear it but Winslow and Cooley would both be upgrades at this point. It's like playing with 10 players on offense.
- WRs minus Hartline and Bess: Please release Lego Hands Naanee. Please. Worst football I've seen in a while. And Anthony Armstrong. There's a reason Washington cut him. Naanee hangs onto that ball yesterday we win. Done. Its so sad how a professional football team employees WRs who have no business playing football to begin with. PLAY MATTHEWS. What's the worst that can happen? He fumbles the ball... Naanee can do that too!
-Carpenter: This has got to stop. Players, coaches and fans put to much time into the organization for a KICKER to ruin it. Look at STL or MIN w/ rookie kickers, doing great. This is Dans last year. I dont care about the money he has coming... it shouldnt matter to the front office either. He has one job, to make kicks, and he doesnt do it. Any other person with a simple job like this would be fired. I hope is he too.

Overall: We have some holes, not many but the ones we do are large. Secondary is horrible. Kicker is horrible. Certain players are horrible. So bad that when they do get cut, their NFL days are over. We've been dealing w/ losing for far too long and there is too much talent on this team now to waste. Get better each week, cut the fat, use the money in FA and 2013 WILL BE BRIGHT. 2012 could be bright as well. Get past Cincinnati, St. Louis and DESTROY THE JETS after the bye- and this team could get on role. Get rid of the garbage and the stink will be gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom