Rex Ryan as DC in Miami Yes/No | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rex Ryan as DC in Miami Yes/No

Mike nolan had his chance to be a head coach in the nfl and he blew it.

So did Bowles I guess. I was referring to why we lost Nolan as DC , I wasnt saying he should be a head coach here. Nolan is one of the best coordinators in the league and it would have been good to be able to keep him as DC. Personally they should have waited to fire Sparano in retrospect because it cost us a chance to keep Nolan as coordinator although who knows if Philben would have wanted him.( The NFL is ultimate buddy system so maybe he likes Coyle better)

not seeing philbin and this guy in the room together...

You're right! Coach Joe wouldn't tolerate the coaching version of Ocho Stinko. And actually if you think about it, has he ever developed a defensive gem - or only inherited and deployed the studs like Lewis, Reed and Suggs that Nolan and Marvin Lewis developed.

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

So did Bowles I guess. I was referring to why we lost Nolan as DC , I wasnt saying he should be a head coach here. Nolan is one of the best coordinators in the league and it would have been good to be able to keep him as DC. Personally they should have waited to fire Sparano in retrospect because it cost us a chance to keep Nolan as coordinator although who knows if Philben would have wanted him.( The NFL is ultimate buddy system so maybe he likes Coyle better)

Nolan was a 3-4 guy anyway so conjecture about Joe wanting to keep him is probably moot.

I think it's relatively pointless. Rex probably isn't going anywhere (at least not this year) and even if he were to be fired, the Dolphins are reportedly very happy with the job Coyle (who was personally chosen by Philbin to begin with) has done, so they're not going to explore that option.

NO, I hate the big mouth look at me attitude REX and most JETS fan have, he is perfect for the Jets anyway.

I don't see that we have that big of a need at DC. The defense was the strength of the team why would you change? Makes no sense. And I definitely wouldn't change to a bafoon foot lover like Rex Ryan. I honestly do not get the infatuation some fin fans with the Ryan brothers. Remember last year when there was a big push here for people wanting to hire Rob Ryan as head coach? These loud mouths aren't worthy of wearing the words Miami Dolphins.

Well Im open to letting Coyle stay on. He has done a solid job in his first year as DC. I dont think he is as good as Nolan but there is no reason to fire Coyle yet.
I personally would have preferred keeping Nolan but our gm and owner made that difficult by promoting A lesser guy to head coach.

Being a good DC doesn't make you a good HC. I'd love to haveh Nolan as a DC but from what I've seen Phil in is better than Nolan as a HC & I for one think if I had to choose - I 'm glad to have Philbin.

I don't want to see any of the Ryans in Miami. I agree with the poster saying we need to remain a class franchise, and these guys bring zero class to a team.

He doesnt fit in at all. Miami office and staff isnt into all the chit chat during the week, he would be a major black sheep. Keep the consistency of our staff now.

Kevin Coyle has done a good job and Rex Ryan is a turd. So uhm, no.

Back
Top Bottom