Rex Ryan Looks Depleted... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rex Ryan Looks Depleted...

Nah, they didn't confuse Rivers then pressure him into that throw. It was all b/c Rivetrs just felt like throwing it to the opposing team.

Brad Smith averaged 31 yds per return in 2009, there was a much better chance he was going to have a 20+ yd return than another under 10 return.

Bal got to play Miami, if SD plays Miami they make the 2009 championship Game. Unfortunatetly for them they played a much better team.

SD had won playoff games 2 straight years, were in the title game in '07, div rd in '08. If Miami did that and lost in '09 w/ a 13-3 record I'd make fun of them but I don't think I'd make all the pathetic excuses you guys makes. Fortunately we don't have to worry about Miami ever going 13-3.:lol:

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

Please stop, all you do is make excuses for the jets success and dolphins failures. You are even doing it here whining about the qtr and half of Indy backups in a 5 pt game and Cincy removing their starts in the 2nd half trailing 27-0.

I gave you credit for that Cincy win because they sucked by the time they got to you - both times. But no way am I standing by letting you delude others that the game against Indy, a team that well could have gone undefeated, was anything other than a meaningless game and at best the jest and their flawed season would have been the same 8-8 that year that the Giants you compare them to ended up - main difference being that the AFCE had 1 legitimate winning team in NE and the NFCE had 2 11 game winning teams. Both the giants and jest sucked and blew the games they legitimately needed to win when it really counted - only difference is that the giants didn't get 2 teams that decided it was more beneficial to lay down for them than actually have their starters try to win. So I gave you credit for Cinci and I gave you partial credit for being a good but not great team in 2010 since you never won a division against your rivals.. and yes I am not beyond giving credit when it's due, so long as it's deserved, earned, legitimate and not gifted.

Your problem is you parse, slice and dice data to suit your arguments; you no doubt even convince yourself that because in your head, these half-baked justifications seem valid, they're not gonna be challenged as BS by many of the non partisan fans you try to shovel that **** to; Just doesn't work;

I gave you credit for that Cincy win because they sucked by the time they got to you - both times. But no way am I standing by letting you delude others that the game against Indy, a team that well could have gone undefeated, was anything other than a meaningless game and at best the jest and their flawed season would have been the same 8-8 that year that the Giants you compare them to ended up - main difference being that the AFCE had 1 legitimate winning team in NE and the NFCE had 2 11 game winning teams. Both the giants and jest sucked and blew the games they legitimately needed to win when it really counted - only difference is that the giants didn't get 2 teams that decided it was more beneficial to lay down for them than actually have their starters try to win. So I gave you credit for Cinci and I gave you partial credit for being a good but not great team in 2010 since you never won a division against your rivals.. and yes I am not beyond giving credit when it's due, so long as it's deserved, earned, legitimate and not gifted.

Your problem is you parse, slice and dice data to suit your arguments; you no doubt even convince yourself that because in your head, these half-baked justifications seem valid, they're not gonna be challenged as BS by many of the non partisan fans you try to shovel that **** to; Just doesn't work;

The only times you are funny is when it is unintentional. All yuo do is make excuses to take credit away from what the jets have done, you have no credibility.

Nah, they didn't confuse Rivers then pressure him into that throw. It was all b/c Rivetrs just felt like throwing it to the opposing team.

Brad Smith averaged 31 yds per return in 2009, there was a much better chance he was going to have a 20+ yd return than another under 10 return.

Bal got to play Miami, if SD plays Miami they make the 2009 championship Game. Unfortunatetly for them they played a much better team.

SD had won playoff games 2 straight years, were in the title game in '07, div rd in '08. If Miami did that and lost in '09 w/ a 13-3 record I'd make fun of them but I don't think I'd make all the pathetic excuses you guys makes. Fortunately we don't have to worry about Miami ever going 13-3.:lol:

I really don't think the turnover was because of the Jets confusing or pressuring Rivers. It was such a bad pass I believe it was becasue Gates ran the wrong route or some other unforced error. I don't see anything in the clip that says otherwise.

Again, SD started on their own 31 when they scored that TD. The Jets O had gone 3 and out 4 times in the first half, so even with a good return, I doubt FP changes so drastically that SD doesn't score a TD.

What a team does in the past is not an indication of what they presently are. 09 SD was overrated and they proved that by losing to an average Jets team in their first playoff game. They have not made the playoffs (in a very weak division) since.

You can call them pathetic excuses, but they are really the facts.

SD was an overrated team that beat themselves in the playoffs with 3 missed FGs in a 3 point loss and a turnover that gave the Jets the ball on the SD 15 which led to the Jets first TD. While I am stating facts, I might as well add:

Catch, Elite, Safety. :lol:

I really don't think the turnover was because of the Jets confusing or pressuring Rivers. It was such a bad pass I believe it was becasue Gates ran the wrong route or some other unforced error. I don't see anything in the clip that says otherwise.

Again, SD started on their own 31 when they scored that TD. The Jets O had gone 3 and out 4 times in the first half, so even with a good return, I doubt FP changes so drastically that SD doesn't score a TD.

What a team does in the past is not an indication of what they presently are. 09 SD was overrated and they proved that by losing to an average Jets team in their first playoff game. They have not made the playoffs (in a very weak division) since.

You can call them pathetic excuses, but they are really the facts.

SD was an overrated team that beat themselves in the playoffs with 3 missed FGs in a 3 point loss and a turnover that gave the Jets the ball on the SD 15 which led to the Jets first TD. While I am stating facts, I might as well add:

Catch, Elite, Safety. :lol:

we can play the what if game all day but the bottom line is the K missed the kics, the jets made plays to win and the better team won.

not a catch, not elite and was not a safety:chuckle:

The only times you are funny is when it is unintentional. All yuo do is make excuses to take credit away from what the jets have done, you have no credibility.

I'm the one with no credibility??? Speaking about amusing.. you yourself are too ****ing funny!

282pdlk-1.jpg

I'm the one with no credibility??? Speaking about amusing.. you yourself are too ****ing funny!

Absolutely, w/ all your excuses. You are the same guy that tiold me Sparano was a much better coacht han rex, how rex would never succeed b/c of previous Baltimore DCs and b/c his Dad never won a playoff game, you pumped up henne, you give Sherman credit for developing favre, the list goes on and on and on.

Eli isn't elite. led SB caliber team to 9 wins in bad division, threw 25 INts a year ago, has never had a singe elite regular season. The elite QBs do it every year not for 3 or 4 games in jan/feb.

I never said Sanchez was one of the league's top 7 QBs. I said I would only take 5-6 guys over him for my team.

Most playoff wins in AFC, tied for most in NFL, most title game apps- that's elite

Why would I trade our franchise QB for a crapshoot of another 1st rd pick? I actually said I wouldn't trade him for 2 1st rounders and I wouldn't.

Mark Sanchez in 3 seasons has 4 playoff wins
Philip RiversMatt Ryan and matt Schaub have COMBINED for 3(and one of them SD was losing and their backup led them to the GW RD) and those players have started for a combined 15 seasons. Schaub ahs never even played a postseason game.

I don't judge QBs based on fantasy stats like you.

Brian is a good OC, apparently he had a terrible QB and still helped us get to 3 postseasons and 2 title games.

The jets won the required amount of games to make the '09 postseason, of course they deserved it. other teams faded like Miami who lost to 3 non playoff bound teams to end the season, if they win those games they make it instead- if they just won 2 of those games they make it.

keep whining and making excuses.

Most playoff wins in AFC, tied for most in NFL, most title game apps- that's elite

Eli Manning has more Super Bowl MVPs than anyone in the Jets history. He also has more Super Bowl MVPs in the last dozen years than anyone in the NFL not Tom Brady. This isn't elite? :lol:

Eli isn't elite. led SB caliber team to 9 wins in bad division

The Jets won 9 games in 2009 in one of their glory years you repeat in every sentence in a division that had the Pats win 10 games, the Dolphins 7, and the Bills 6 (you knock the Dolphins and Bills every chance you get so this has to be considered a bad division too). Why are they considered elite then?

Eli Manning has more Super Bowl MVPs than anyone in the Jets history. He also has more Super Bowl MVPs in the last dozen years than anyone in the NFL not Tom Brady. This isn't elite? :lol:

The Jets won 9 games in 2009 in one of their glory years you repeat in every sentence in a division that had the Pats win 10 games, the Dolphins 7, and the Bills 6 (you knock the Dolphins and Bills every chance you get so this has to be considered a bad division too). Why are they considered elite then?

He got those MVPs b/c he was the QB of the winning team, he really didn't deserve either one and it's one game. To be elite you have to play at a high level on a consistent basis while he has never had an elite full season.

It's aboutt he total body of work, the Jets won enough games to qualify for the playoffs, in the playoffs they won 2 road playoff games and led in the 2nd half of the title game. If you are one of the final 4 in your sport you are elite, the Jets were in that FF 2 of the last 3 years.

So the game changes, but only to the Jets benefit?

No, but apparently Jets won and you're wrong.

SD missed the first easy field goal (37 yards) on their second possession of the game. No one scored until SD scored a TD in the second quarter. It would have been 10-0 SD. The Jets don't score until the 3rd making it 7-3 SD. Right at the end of the 3rd SD turns it over out of their own endzone. That gave the ball to the Jets on the SD 15 which led to the Jets first TD of the game. You don't think SD plays that series a little different if it is 10-3? Especially considering that the Jets only managed to score just 3 points in 3 quarters? Even if it played out the same, it would have been 10-10 had SD made the first field goal. The Jets next score is at the 7:17 mark in the 4th making the score 17-7 (17-10 with the field goal). On SD next possession they drive into field goal range, and what do you know, another missed field goal. It would have been 17-13 with the 2 easy FGs. The Jets tried to run out the clock, but could not.

You act as if kickers have never missed a kick.

SD gets the ball back and scores what could have been the game winner. Let me guess, SD never would have scored that TD because the Jets wouldn't have gone into prevent. Isn't a prevent defense supposed to stop big plays? Why was SD able to gain 11 yards, 37 yards, and 19 yards in their first 3 plays of that last series?

7 plays, 63 yards. I would think thats reasonable in a prevent D.

That scenario doesn't even include the 57 yard miss. You can call that 57 yard attempt a prayer, but he has made a 57 yard FG before and kicked a 54 yard FG with plenty of room to spare just a couple of weeks before the playoffs. Had he made those FGs, I think it is safer to say the outcome changes than saying the Jets still win regardless.

If he made a 57 yarder once in his life, it doesn't mean he'll make it every time. Including that 50+ yarder, and the next four 50+ yarders, he is 1/5.

You can talk about all the misses from SD and MAYBE convince someone else that the outcome would be different, but the fact is, SD had to have a lot of things work in their favor for the victory. Ever wonder how Patriots ended up with those two out of three SBs? Its cuz Vinatieri made two game winning FGs of 41 and 48 yards while the game was on the line. Folk hit a game winning FG against Indy in 2010. Nate Kaeding didn't.

You credit the Jets D for everything. Rivers threw it right to Leonard. It doesn't look like the Jets did anything to force that turnover. Just becasue the Jets had a good return to their 40 doesn't mean they would have had another good return, anymore than when they had the bad return to their 9 means they would have another bad return. SD started on their own 31 when they scored that first TD, so I don't see how FP would have changed so drastically from a made FG that SD wouldn't have been able to score. I think that is a bit of a reach.

Whats a reach is you assuming that Nate Kaeding should have made all those FGs including the 57 yard prayer, just because he once made it back a few years ago, but totally discrediting the Jets return game by the highlighted sentence.

NE made the Super Bowl, and Bal made it to the AFCC game. That is a little different than losing your first playoff game to a 9-7* Jets team. The 2 division champs and 3 playoff bound teams that SD beat were Dal, Phi, and Cincy. 3 weak playoff teams.

News flash: 10-6, 11-5 and 11-5 are records of three weak playoff teams.

He got those MVPs b/c he was the QB of the winning team, he really didn't deserve either one and it's one game.

This another fact of yours?

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

It's aboutt he total body of work, the Jets won enough games to qualify for the playoffs, in the playoffs they won 2 road playoff games and led in the 2nd half of the title game. If you are one of the final 4 in your sport you are elite, the Jets were in that FF 2 of the last 3 years.

Okay. You do realize the Giants won two road playoff games too, including the NFC Title Game which the Jets haven't done, and then won it all.

Now what?

This another fact of yours?

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

Okay. You do realize the Giants won two road playoff games too, including the NFC Title Game which the Jets haven't done, and then won it all.

Now what?

Not a fact, just an educated opinion. He deserved it more in this SB but still didn't deserve it. Tuck deserved it for this past one, Tyree for the first one or any # of defneders in the first one. How a defensive player didn't win it considering they held one oft he greateswt O's ever to 14 points I have no idea.

But I said the Giants are elite and the giants 2nd rd game was the title game b/c they play in a division where 9 wins gets you a div title and a home WC game.

No, but apparently Jets won and you're wrong.

Who said the Jets didn't win? We are talking about what we think would have happened had SD made the FGs. You said SD still goes down 17 - 13 even if Keading makes the 2 easy FGs, but you pretty much bet that the Jets don't go into prevent and SD doesn't score a TD. Seems to me that in your mind the game changes, but only to the Jets benefit. I pointed out several things that likely would have changed in SDs favor as well.

You act as if kickers have never missed a kick.

I haven't seen a kicker choke in the playoffs like Keading has in a while. It happens and it is part of the game, but don't act like those missed FGs didn't play a huge part in the Jets win.

7 plays, 63 yards. I would think thats reasonable in a prevent D.

SD got a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty and a 5 yard false start penalty, so they actually went 83 yards in 8 plays. 1 play was a 3 yard scramble by Rivers, 1 was an incomplete pass and 1 was a 1 yard run for the TD. If you take those 3 plays away, they went 79 yards in 5 plays. Regardless, 83 yards in 8 plays that took 1:23 and resulted in a TD. Yes, very reasonable for a prevent D. :lol:

If he made a 57 yarder once in his life, it doesn't mean he'll make it every time. Including that 50+ yarder, and the next four 50+ yarders, he is 1/5.

Who cares what his FG percentage is after those missed kicks? What he had done before is much more relevant when looking at how reasonable the attempt was. Before that attempt, he was 3 for 3 on 50+ yard kicks in 2009 including a 54 yarder just a couple weeks before that had plenty of room to spare. Prior to that miss, he had made 75% of his 50+ yard attempts in his career.

You can talk about all the misses from SD and MAYBE convince someone else that the outcome would be different, but the fact is, SD had to have a lot of things work in their favor for the victory. Ever wonder how Patriots ended up with those two out of three SBs? Its cuz Vinatieri made two game winning FGs of 41 and 48 yards while the game was on the line. Folk hit a game winning FG against Indy in 2010. Nate Kaeding didn't.

I know there is no convincing a Jets homer of anything, but I'm just pointing out the obvious. Most unbiased people see the same things. Hitting game winning FGs is different than the other team missing FGs. The situations are different, but what if NE missed those FGs and went on to lose? Wouldn't you say that those missed FGs played a huge role in the other team winning?

Whats a reach is you assuming that Nate Kaeding should have made all those FGs including the 57 yard prayer, just because he once made it back a few years ago, but totally discrediting the Jets return game by the highlighted sentence.

I never said the 57 yarder was a gimme, and I didn't even include it in my main scenario. I simply pointed out that he was capable of making the kick and it wasn't an unreasonable attempt. The Jets return game returned 2 kicks in that game. One was to their own 16 and the other was to their own 40. My point was that it didn't matter if the Jets returned it to the 40 again or not. The Jets O had gone 3 and out 4 times in the first half. Even if the Jets had another good return, I doubt the FP was going to change so drastically that SD wouldn't have been able to score their first TD.

News flash: 10-6, 11-5 and 11-5 are records of three weak playoff teams.

Yes, Dallas, Philly and Cincinnati were such strong playoffs teams. If Dal and Phi hadn't played each other in the first round they all would have been 1 and done in the playoffs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who said the Jets didn't win? We are talking about what we think would have happened had SD made the FGs. You said SD still goes down 17 - 13 even if Keading makes the 2 easy FGs, but you pretty much bet that the Jets don't go into prevent and SD doesn't score a TD. Seems to me that in your mind the game changes, but only to the Jets benefit. I pointed out several things that likely would have changed in SDs favor as well.

Exactly. You pointed several things that favored the Chargers alone. Jets were the better team that night and the scorebaord proved it.

I haven't seen a kicker choke in the playoffs like Keading has in a while. It happens and it is part of the game, but don't act like those missed FGs didn't play a huge part in the Jets win.

Interestingly, Nate Kaeding missed a 40 yarder in 2004 playoffs against Jets in OT. Doug Brien kicked a 42 yarder in OT to win. Doug Brien then went on to miss two chip shots in the Divisonal game against Pitsburgh, both which would have given the game to the Jets. Point is, from the worst to the best kickers, they all miss.

SD got a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty and a 5 yard false start penalty, so they actually went 83 yards in 8 plays. 1 play was a 3 yard scramble by Rivers, 1 was an incomplete pass and 1 was a 1 yard run for the TD. If you take those 3 plays away, they went 79 yards in 5 plays. Regardless, 83 yards in 8 plays that took 1:23 and resulted in a TD. Yes, very reasonable for a prevent D. :lol:

Just when u think ur posts couldn't get any lamer, you prove everybody wrong. Taking out 3 plays from a 7 play series is foolish to say the least for any argument sakes. Then to add back the penalty yards in to the drive to prove a point is even worse. Take away three SB rings from Brady and we can call Dan Marino v2.0 with all records but no ring to show for. See how foolish things can get u start taking out good plays/games/years from a team?

Who cares what his FG percentage is after those missed kicks? What he had done before is much more relevant when looking at how reasonable the attempt was. Before that attempt, he was 3 for 3 on 50+ yard kicks in 2009 including a 54 yarder just a couple weeks before that had plenty of room to spare. Prior to that miss, he had made 75% of his 50+ yard attempts in his career.

Again, it wasn't the first time he choked in playoffs. See my reply above.

I know there is no convincing a Jets homer of anything, but I'm just pointing out the obvious. Most unbiased people see the same things. Hitting game winning FGs is different than the other team missing FGs. The situations are different, but what is NE missed those FGs and went on to lose? Wouldn't you say that those missed FGs played a huge role in the other team winning?

Adam made those kicks, but Brady gets the credit for reaching in his kicking range. You love playing the "what if" game, but blame me for assuming things remain the same after 'assuming' a missed kick is converted?

I never said the 57 yarder was a gimme, and I didn't even include it in my main scenario. I simply pointed out that he was capable of making the kick and it wasn't an unreasonable attempt. The Jets return game returned 2 kicks in that game. One was to their own 16 and the other was to their own 40. My point was that it didn't matter if the Jets returned it to the 40 again or not. The Jets O had gone 3 and out 4 times in the first half. Even if the Jets had another good return, I doubt the FP was going to change so drastically that SD wouldn't have been able to score their first TD.

So Jets offense went 3 and out 4 times in the game(or half), it means Jets offense will always go 3 and out...? Thats what you are basing ur opinion on. Then you accuse me of only giving the benefit to the Jets.

Yes, Dallas, Philly and Cincinnati were such strong playoffs teams. If Dal and Phi hadn't played in other in the first round they all would have been 1 and done in the playoffs.

Again, only you would claim 10-6, 11-5 and 11-5 teams are weak playoff teams.

Back
Top Bottom