RG HELP (a must ?) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RG HELP (a must ?)

fastball83

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Who is available and could help our team now ? or who could be cut in the next days and help our OL to be better ? ;)

Your English is fine. Right now, no one is available for RG and it doesn't look like anyone is coming available anytime soon. The coaching staff seems to be very high on the strides made by Greg Jerman and the loser of the Carey/St. Clair battle for RT will be a factor in the competition. I think we will solve our RG question from within.

Everybody from Rick Spielman to FinsFlurry have been singing Germans' praises.

Drew Rosenhuas even went so far as to call him a blue-chip player.

The guy is supposedly bulked up and ready for his new position.

The way I figure it, if he was considered at T for the last two years he must have decent mobility.....If he's heavier now and moving inside, he should be a pretty good pulling guard....:dunno:

The only game he started last year at guard(an under-sized guard), we had over 4 yards per rush (Washington)

inFINSible said:

The way I figure it, if he was considered at T for the last two years he must have decent mobility.....If he's heavier now and moving inside, he should be a pretty good pulling guard....:dunno:

The only game he started last year at guard(an under-sized guard), we had over 4 yards per rush (Washington)

I thought jerman looked fine this week. Even so, it looks like the right side is going to be ok, at least better than last yr. St Clair/carey can also play RG and StC also at center even if need be. We have a bunch of guys that can fill in almost anywhere they are needed. That should "ease our pain" somewht, doncha' think ??

The way I figure it, if he was considered at T for the last two years he must have decent mobility.....If he's heavier now and moving inside, he should be a pretty good pulling guard....

LOL I was gonna say the same thing about him pulling, don't be stealing my thoughts man (jk). But between him, Whitley and Yates I see at least 1 solid starter and backup...but if were you I'd feel a whole lot better about our line because we don't have a bunch of scrubs that have a chance to start, we have young talented 0-lineman ready to break out.

I heard that Jerman solidified the RG spot. I remember there being no drop off when he played last year. St. Clair and Yates could also do well at RG. Whitley is a bust.

Whitley is a bust.

You could say that if he gets cut or doesn't contribute to the team, but right now he's the backup at RG and looks to get some PT this year. I'll admit he hasn't lived up to the billing of a 3rd round draft pick but lineman take a couple years to develop, so I would hold off on calling him a bust until next year.

Anthony3454 said:
I heard that Jerman solidified the RG spot. I remember there being no drop off when he played last year. St. Clair and Yates could also do well at RG. Whitley is a bust.

You can't call Whitley a bust. He's only been in the league for one year, so he could still turn out to be good. He could also end up being a bust, but calling him that now is premature.

I've heard a lot of good about Jerman. I think this line will be better then last year's, but the big question is how much better. If it is only a little better, we are screwed since it was awful last year. I think that chemistry could end up being the biggest problem for our offensive line since only one of the starters has returned from last year. However, changes had to be made, and I think we definitely have more talent on the line then we did last year.

I think Eric Kumerow is a bust. It's not too early for that one.
Whitley could take some time like Jerman did. I'm willing to give it to him.

Anyone know of that guy #63 Brad Bedell.He looked the part of a decent guard from the pics at camp.Possibly could he be a decent backup.

I think Bedell will be swimming upstream for a roster spot. Right now the starters are likely Wade Smith, Jeno James, Seth McKinney, Greg Jerman, and Vernon Carey. The second team behind them is Tony Pope, Billy Ray Yates, Rex Hadnut, Taylor Whitely, and John St. Clair. That does not include Damion McIntosh who will likely start the year on PUP. The team has a lot invested in those 11 and will likely only keep 8 or 9 perhaps plus McIntosh. The other guys like Bedell, Goodspeed, Wilson, Lynch, and Wagstrom will need to make a major impression just to get reps in camp.

You have to like just a little what miami did to the oline. They are young and they will bond quickly. Jeno will be the leader of that unit with his attitude. Jerman is paying off finally and I think will be rock soild this year the spot that has me worring is center. Seth has had some pt and over all has not done well. I see a starting five of smith, jeno, st claire, jerman, carey. Wanny and toney will put the best five on the line and build a unit from there.

Back
Top Bottom