RG3 Notes The Rams "Dirty" Play

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Fins_of_Fury, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Fins_of_Fury

Fins_of_Fury In a contract year

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/...-take-hits-chides-rams-for-dirty-play/nrelate

Our guys need to be equally as physical...and lets watch out for that dreaded "hotsauce"

2. Gonzo

Gonzo Widerstand Administrator Finheaven VIP

The NFL sure does have a bunch of whiny players this year.

3. Travis34

Travis34 chea Finheaven VIP Donator

Richie won't take any of their ****. And of course Finnegan is going to be a punk the whole game. It's too bad we don't have Marshall anymore to kick his little ***

4. cdz12250

cdz12250 FinHeaven VIP

I'm shocked. A team "going after" the other team's quarterback? Unheard of! What sport is he talking about?

5. Gonzo

Richie would break his face worse than Andre Johnson did.

[youtube]hM3-v22uvHE[/youtube]

6. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Adam ****ing Gase

God Finnegan got his *** beat.

Dude is suck a punk, unskilled punk.

7. Gonzo

I love it when people keep talking **** even after getting their asses beat.

That being said, I would love to have Finnegan on this team :lol:

8. ShorePhin

ShorePhin A True Fan

A little Javorskie Lane on Finnegan may help him with attitude

9. Hayden Fox

Hayden Fox Love Creating Turnovers Donator

It is a hallmark of Jeff Fisher teams: play to the echo of the whistle. Be chippy. Most def. be physical. The night before the Skins and Rams game, Mike Shannahan told his team to keep their cool...of course they did not as receiver Josh Morgan got a crucial penalty for a retaliation shot at Finnegan.

Remember Fisher played for Buddy Ryan and Fisher's understudy is none other than Gregg Williams. Fisher still has not let Williams go. I am sure there is a friendship, but I wonder if Fisher had any bounties going on in their time in Tennessee.

Fisher is a damn good NFL coach. He is doing good things right now. However, the OP is correct in pointing out that his teams walk the line of hard play and dirty.

10. Hayden Fox

Remember in 2010, we played Fisher's Titans. The Fins won 29-17. However, it was a very, very physical game. The Fins lost Pennington and Henne. Long and Wake got knicked up. I also believe Berger got hurt.

While some of them came back a week later, the Fins were bruised and battered for the next game and were pounded by the Bears on a short week.

The point is, Jeff Fisher teams aim to leave a mark. Got to buckle the chin strap twice Sunday.

11. MiZFiT

MiZFiT FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Get over fisher. He's not a good coach bro. At all.

12. finfan54

finfan54 A True Fan Donator

might explain why they are 3-0 at home. they get away widit.

13. Hayden Fox

He is an outstanding NFL coach. You and I better hope he sucks tomorrow. If not, we go to 2-4 heading into the bye.

BTW, where was I pining for Jeff Fisher in that post? I essentially called him dirty and you have the berries to say that I need to "get over Fisher". lol.

The guy can coach...although he coaches with an edge. How can you say that he sucks as a coach? The Rams were awful last year and his team 3-2 and with a win tomorrow will be the "talk of the league" as being most improved. I am amazed how people around here cannot give opponents their due.

Ironically enough, with a win tomorrow, Joe Philbin should be receiving the same praise for a good coaching job and turnaround. Funny what one win can do.

14. Phinatic8u

LOL@ Fisher being a outstanding coach.

15. Hayden Fox

Do you like Stephen Ross?

16. Phinatic8u

Not really.

Your point?

17. Austin Tatious

Austin Tatious Starter

Not a Fisher fan at all, and we are extremely lucky he didn't come to Miami. That would have been brutal. He is a .500 coach with a couple of outlier years where he caught lightening in a bottle. Physical teams yes, but so are Sparano and Wannstedt teams.

18. Pinkboy

Pinkboy A True Fan

lol Fisher sucks,. Six winning seasons in 17 years .. I've seen Fisher make so many stupid decisions why even get started. Just like Sparano. You always stay away from stubborn coaches like Fisher and Sparano who hate to adapt or see things in any revolutionary way. Fisher's high level of stubborness and stupidity is why Miami won some of those games vs Tennessee over the years. All Titans fans talked about was how horrible Fisher was at placing his players in the best positions to succeed. Sound familiar ? They wanted Fisher gone for years and years. It's just that Tennessee is not the media magnet other places are so it probably flew right by you. But watching him coach made it blatantly obvious, the fans were right. They threw the biggest party they ever had in that state when Fisher left.

Philbin is a far better tactical coach who can think 2 and 3 plays ahead with good feel for the game <-- exactly what his former bosses in Green Bay said about him, and I believe it.

So happy we didn't end up with Fisher. Guy is not a good offensive mind whatsoever in this offensive pass-happy era .. His offense is ranked 30th, the worst in the league now without Amendola. I guarantee you St Louis would be ranked 5 to 10 spots higher if Philbin had Sam Bradford. Philbin would have figured out a way by now.

Philbin has a great ability to look at the big picture when he makes decisions in games (as well as other decisons for the team), Fisher doesn't. He's a very linear coach. Fisher will wear out his welcome in St Louis within 3/4 years

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2012
  19. fins_rock

fins_rock Scout Team

There has got to be a play we can run like a pick play or something like that where we can get a TE to land blast that little hood rat. Total blindside him, maybe that will slow Finnegan up when he gets hit so hard he can't remember where he is.

20. Hayden Fox

Because before he hired Joe Philbin, Ross put everything he had into getting Fisher. So before you **** on me about Jeff Fisher the actual people running the Miami Dolphins thought the same thing I did.

Here is what I think...if Jeff Fisher was hired as our HC our current record would be better. He would have kept (for better or worse) Davis and Marshall. He would have gone the veteran route at QB like he did with Kerry Collins. In the draft, I could have seen him go with a pass rusher opposite of Wake.

HOWEVER, whether it was by design or pure luck there is no doubt in my mind that the selection of Joe Philbin will make a better future for the Fins than if Fisher would have been the guy. Because of the Tannehill pick, we finally have a HC and QB that are tied. Joe also has a steady hand at the wheel. He knows what he wants in a player and is setting a foundation that can endure over time. Also, between Philbin and Sherman, the Fins have 21 century offense.

Was Joe Philbin my first pick as HC? No. However, I think overall he has done a very good job five weeks into his job.

21. Fins_of_Fury

Fisher is a good coach in that his players play all out for him. When it comes to personell and game management......I'll pass

22. Roman529

Roman529 Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

Jeff Fisher has always been a coach who gets his players to play dirty....same thing when he was coach of the Titans. If anyone deserves getting a long suspension it's Fisher.

23. CANDolphan

CANDolphan Seasoned Veteran

He's pretty damn skilled.

24. xXpHINSXx133454

xXpHINSXx133454 Well-Known Member

Hey every team plays with a little extra sauce on sunday well except for the jets idiots spilled the sauce on themselves lol revis says hi! I am looking forward to hartline vs finnegan match-up, I think hartline is a player that can get inside corners head and cortland is hot headed jerk but he is very talented can't deny that. Lets see how hartline can solidify he a true #1...

25. CANDolphan

CANDolphan Seasoned Veteran

Finnegan will shut Hartline down. If the officials are flag happy it'll be good for Miami to take some shots deep with Hartline on Finnegan. He'll hold and grab.

26. Finland

Finland Pro Bowler

At all! I think he he has at least earn the title "good", because he is not below average or anything. But I hope we kick their a$$.

27. Lilseb93

Lilseb93 This Is My House

It's football. I can understand helmet hits and going for ankles, but football is a physical game. I'm tired of the NFL turning into a whine fest about safety. The defense is already handicapped enough with the QBs and WRs being so protected.

28. Fins_of_Fury

God forbid RG3 has stitches in his cheek while filming a Gatorade commercial........I'd hate to see the state of the league in 20 years if the rule changes keep coming as prevalently as recent times.

29. SCOTTY

SCOTTY Well-Known Member

Fisher sucks as a HC. The only reason you say he is outstanding is because of how much you lobbied for him. His win loss record along proves he is NOT outstanding. Get over it.

30. Hayden Fox

Shows you how much you know because I lobbied for Brian ****ing Billick and Mike McCoy. I was happy the FO was going for Jeff Fisher because he is a quality coach.

You better hope he does in fact prove is NOT outstanding tomorrow.

31. SCOTTY

SCOTTY Well-Known Member

I better hope he sucks tomorrow?? That's stupid. Do you want the Rama to win so you can call fisher a better coach and feel some vindication. Lame. You jockied hard for fisher when Ross brought him in. U wanted anyone but Philbin. Eat crow Hayden. Philbin was the right choice.

32. LtDan

LtDan I am a Dan but not a Lt.

Starting to dislike this kid

33. Fins_of_Fury

Can we NOT turn this into a Fisher thread....we have our guy and it IS Joe Philbin......None of that matters now.

34. Hayden Fox

Yeah, you better hope he sucks tomorrow because I want a ****ing win. In a separate issue if Jeff Fisher is successful in St. Louis we will be able to bump threads like this make posters like yourself look silly.

It bull**** for you to say that I wanted "anybody but Philbin". However, you seem to be the expert of what I write on this site so who am I to say. Seems like you have contributed with all 678 posts since 2006.

35. Phin-o-rama

Phin-o-rama FinHeaven VIP

You've probably already got your "I told you so" thread already written and ready to submit the moment the final whistle blows if we are on the losing end

36. Hayden Fox

Furthermore, I have started some threads that have been critical of Joe Philbin. However, I have many more demanding patience in the process as he becomes a HC in the league. Such bull crap when people make disparaging remarks like that.

37. ANUFan

ANUFan A True Fan Donator

Fox,

Your a stand-up member. But I have to admit with comments like this it makes me question your loyalty to this team and especially our coaching staff? Honestly, it comes across like you secretly are wishing for them to fail. Perhaps a poor observation on my part, But thats the impress your comments give

38. Hayden Fox

39. Fins_of_Fury

The success of the Miami Dolphins is more important than any one man's pride or agenda. I respect all of you guys, but why argue about what could have been....It is already done! Philbin is the coach, let's focus on beating the Rams.

40. Hayden Fox

I am serious...we better hope he does suck as much as people say he does. However, I think he is a good coach and gives his far from perfect team a chance tomorrow. I would be more than happy to have morons that think somehow I want the Fins to lose to come and give me crap tomorrow as long as means the Dolphins have won.

41. Hayden Fox

Also, for the record, I liked the idea of Fisher, but never thought the deal was going to get done. I loved the idea, but in the end never thought it would get done. I simply thought...and still do.. think he is quality coach. Nothing less...nothing more.

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/sho...ings-hours-after-the-Fisher-ordeal&highlight=

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?312057-Fin-Fans-NOT-Wanting-Fisher&highlight=

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/sho...-to-coach-rams-chargers-bucs-colts&highlight=

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

Let me also re-set this from today...

42. Hayden Fox

43. Fins_of_Fury

Hayden, it's all good! I understand the element that Jeff Fisher brings to the dirty play on the field but how did this topic even escalate so much?

44. Hayden Fox

You are right. I just hate that I am characterized a certain way. I think I make some good assessments at time. Other times I **** up. When I **** up, I am there to admit so. However, when I am attacked as such like in this thread, I feel the need to prove myself.

45. Fins_of_Fury

Understandable, i'll be the first to say that I appreciate alot of the content you contribute to this forum. I just hate seeing people argue about silly crap like that.

46. Hayden Fox

You are right

47. Phinatic8u

48. Phinatic8u

Nobody attacked you bro, you know that, I just don't consider Fisher a good coach, were all entitled to our own opinion. No matter if the Miami brass thought so, although they seem so far to have made a great choice.

49. Hayden Fox

Sherman is overrated? No way. He is one of the best things going for the Fins.

50. Fins_of_Fury

I personally like Shermans playcalling as it's a refreshing change from the "Henning/Sparano" rediculous offense.