Rhode Island Head Coach Darren Rizzi added to Fins staff | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rhode Island Head Coach Darren Rizzi added to Fins staff

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
cool. weird that he would step down. oh well our gain.

thanks nublar, parcells' history with kickers is dicey. its an important part of the game and i hope fields and carpenter fit well with rizzi

cool, being from rhode island and all. cant say i know much about the guy though

Probably an upgrade from URI. Like Chip Kelly taking the OC job at Oregon after being the head guy at UNH.

Yea, I can't imagine a head coach that wants to be a kickers coach.
I don't think it is that surprising. The guy probably sees himself as a NFL coach and if he has a chance to make the jump to the pro game, he has to start somewhere.

Last year Jim Reid resigned as the Virginia Military Institute's head coach to become our Inside Linebackers coach. Steve Bush resigned as a high school head coach to become our Offensive Quality Control coach.

Even though these guys left head coaching jobs for, lets be honest, hardly glamorous NFL jobs, it is a good step in their coaching careers. It is probably easier to become a future NFL coordinator if you have NFL experience and not coaching a high school team or a lower level football college.

Well the only thing is that going from college HC to NFL OC is better than becoming the Assistant to the ST coach.

Well the only thing is that going from college HC to NFL OC is better than becoming the Assistant to the ST coach.
Reading some of the quotes, it sounds like their Athletic Director was thrown for a big surprise with this news. Hopefully we are getting a pretty good coach and it looks like he could be an upgrade over Hoffman.

Last edited by a moderator:
I go to URI, we STINK. Good for him though,i believe he was in his first or second year here. GO RHODY RAMS!

Back
Top Bottom