Rhodes or Truffant in the 1st? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rhodes or Truffant in the 1st?

miamirw

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Been reading a lot lately that the cornerbacks in our system need to be very good playing zone. Other defenses rely on man-to-man corners (this is why Sean Smith was allowed to walk - he's a good M2M and just an average zone guy). I guess the big difference is quickness and reaction time as opposed to straight line speed?

With that said, What type of CB is each of these guys?

I'm guessing now but this is how I read the CBs (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here):

Dee Milliner - Man to Man
Desmond Truffant - Man to Man
Xavier Rhodes - Zone
Jordan Poyner - Zone
Jonathan Banks - Zone
Robert Alford - ?
Blidi Wreh-wilson - Zone
Tyrann Matthieu - ?
DJ Hayden - ?
Darius Slay - ?
David Amerson - ?
BW Webb - ?

I would love to draft Rhodes (1), Alford (3a) and Matthieu (4a).

Neither. Sign Grimes and draft Herbal Badger in the 2nd.

Rhodes has better measurable, but Trufant is the better player

I havent seen much of either but what Ive seen of Trufant I love. I'd take Trufant going from my limited exposure of the two players. Trufant just looks like a gamer. I wouldnt have a problem taking him 12th over Rhodes.

Neither. Sign Grimes and draft Herbal Badger in the 2nd.

Grimes was a high rated CB for Atl before he got hurt so if he checks out sign him. Bet he comes at a good price.

i like filling all the holes now and drafting BPA for a change like the good teams do.

My guess would be Xavier Rhodes. Jeff Ireland likes his CB's built like Rhodes. Height: 6-2. Weight: 210.

I disagree with the assessment from the OP. Rhodes is a physical man to man guy while Trufant is a better zone player.

Back
Top Bottom