Richie Incognito | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Richie Incognito

JDRA20

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Richie had a pretty good year, and somehow managed to earn a Pro Bowl bid. He's not a good fit for the zone blocking scheme, and his contract expires next off-season, so I was wondering, what do you guys think his trade value would be? It's probably at the highest it'll ever be with his age and seeing that he just made the Pro Bowl.

No trade value at all... I mean, I guess we could pull a 5th or a conditional 4th, but he'd be more valuable on the team.

Maybe throw him in on a draft day trade but doubt we get much besides that

You lost me on "earned" a pro bowl, the guy playing next to him is 10x better and is sitting home.

Nope it is what it is, Richie isn't the lines biggest problem right now so he stays to the end of his contract. Cross this bridge next year when you get to it.

I'd imagine he is worth a late round pick, and I would look into it because he just isn't a great fit in our system.

If I couldn't get a trade, I'd consider cutting him because I've read it saves around $4.3 million in cap money/space.

It would be smart to have him as the starting LG in 2013 for $5 million. He isn't terrible and plus we can draft a LG next year and go OT this year.

There are a lot of concerns as far as the team goes. We need WR, OL, and some secondary players. Not totally sure whats available in the draft, but if the first round or two offers the opportunity to improve somewhere aside from the OL, and you think you can score a quality LG in a mid round, I think it's worth having Richie around to teach the new kid and give him a year to develop. A late round pick isn't enough to tickle my interests, unless of course you bring in a few of the bigger free agents and you need to clear that $5 million.

He doesn't fit the scheme, he's pretty pricey for what we're getting and the biggest reason I think we'll move him is Philbin had to bench him for a few plays after he took a dumb penalty. I don't think Philbin likes guys that like to be known as the dirtiest player in the league.

I like him myself but I'll be surprised to see him back.

The reality is that he has no real trade value. He is probably worth more to us than any other team despite not fitting our scheme. Our OL lacks grit, bite, nasty, whatever you want to call it. Incognito has it ... and Pouncey has started to show a little as well, but the rest of the line are gentle giants. We need some bite from somewhere. Your point about his contract being up next year is also a good one. I think we will continue to remake this OL, but next year will likely be a bigger year for that. I'm one of the few who expects Jake Long to be resigned. If we don't resign Jake then I think we look to FA and the draft to excellerate the OL remake.

In addition to superior run blocking and attitude, unfortunately, Incognito isn't even the worst pass protecting guard we have starting ... which pains me to say. The first guy to be replaced based on play is Jerry. I wish coaches would take off the rose colored glasses labelled "potential" and see that this guy simply dones't have the work ethic to ever translate his physical skills into becoming a dominating OL. If we replace a G in the starting lineup, I think Jerry is the first guy to be replaced. He may not be let go, and he may take Incognito's spot in 2014, but Jerry would be the first G to be replaced.

But really, our problems at T kinda take precidence over our worse G play. :(

can someone explain HOW richie incognito made the pro bowl?

By playing between Jake Long (perennial Pro Bowl LT) and Mike Pouncey (who should've been selected to the Pro Bowl over his brother). Couple that with he's mean and tough and is recognized by DL... voila! ;)

how much this guy making now?

Levitre will be asking for around 6mil/year

how much this guy making now?

Levitre will be asking for around 6mil/year

I'd gladly give that to him too. I really would like to see Long, Levitre and Pouncey in that order from LT to Center. Wouldn't mind keeping Richie to play the RG (Which I think is a better fit) , unless we can save a good chunk of cash (4 mil) as someone stated in a post above. You do that, get Jennings and add a Patterson/Allen and the offense better start to perform.

Back
Top Bottom