Ricky is the difference between this year's team and the team which finished 2005 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky is the difference between this year's team and the team which finished 2005

dean_siu

sdkjglkdsjglkdsj
Reaction score
After watching the first four weeks of this season, its clear that the organization is clearly missing Ricky Williams. His winning attitude, desire to perform at a top level and physical stature is unmatched by anyone on this team this season.

The organization did nothing but make improvements in other areas during the offseason and I don't think any of us could have forseen the "Ricky factor" and how it has ripped the heart out of this team.

Let's hope that the Dolphins are doing everything possible to insure he's back in a Miami uniform for 2007....whether he's here or not could definitely mean the difference between a division title (and quite possibly more) or another subpar season for the organization.

dean_siu said:
After watching the first four weeks of this season, its clear that the organization is clearly missing Ricky Williams. His winning attitude, desire to perform at a top level and physical stature is unmatched by anyone on this team this season.

The organization did nothing but make improvements in other areas during the offseason and I don't think any of us could have forseen the "Ricky factor" and how it has ripped the heart out of this team.

Let's hope that the Dolphins are doing everything possible to insure he's back in a Miami uniform for 2007....whether he's here or not could definitely mean the difference between a division title (and quite possibly more) or another subpar season for the organization.

Wow, if you really believe thats what the problem is, then I'm not sure you fully understand the magnitude of the ACTUAL problem. This team would still be struggling badly with Ricky on offense, like it or not. NO ONE can play QB or run the ball behind this oline.

dean_siu said:

How many times did we get to the playoffs with Ricky? 0

There is more at work here than 1 talented but troubled running back...

dean_siu said:

I couldn't agree more with you, his performance at the end of last year was one of the major factors in our 6 game winning streak, that and we got pressure and sacks from our front 4, something that we haven't been able to do all year, no matter what Saban says, sacks are important.

I still support Saban remember it took Mike Holmgren 7 years to get his team to an "elite" level, I am willing to be patient for that long cause I do think Saban is that good, but it is what it is, and as of 10/2 were not a very good football team perhaps one of the worst in the league.

While I agree that Ricky brought an attitude of confidence with him that Ronnie still has to create, he was far from the reason why we won last year, and certainly has nothing to do with our lack of success this year.

You're making it seem like it's the Dolphins fault that Ricky isn't here.

Last time I checked, he was the one that chose to hit the wacky weed and get himself suspended...yet again!

Kind of takes the steam out of his "winning attitude" and "desire to perform at a top level" arguments.

He is a great running back, though, and his absence creates some problems for the team but not all of the problems.

Ricky brings great abilities and brings confidence to players around him as well as his troubles. I like the guy but problems go alot deeper on this team than one player.

jpcdolphan said:

Last time I checked, he was the one that chose to hit the wacky weed and get himself suspended...yet again!

Kind of takes the steam out of his "winning attitude" and "desire to perform at a top level" arguments.
Exactly. It's not like Saban cut Ricky. It's Ricky's own fault he's not here.

Like that pothead will give up smoking. He'll just get suspended in the next drug test. He's an idiot.

jpcdolphan said:

"He" did nothing and its not the organizations either....its clearly the faulty test performed by the NFL that falsely classifies a nutritional supplement as a prohibited substance.

The league did a lot of things right for many years and thats why it reached the level its at today....however, its actions such as these that really sour my taste of the NFL greatly and I hope the new commissioner can right injustices of this nature.

dean_siu said:
"He" did nothing and its not the organizations either....its clearly the faulty test performed by the NFL that falsely classifies a nutritional supplement as a prohibited substance.

The league did a lot of things right for many years and thats why it reached the level its at today....however, its actions such as these that really sour my taste of the NFL greatly and I hope the new commissioner can right injustices of this nature.

If you think he did nothing then you're being pretty nieve.

volk said:
While I agree that Ricky brought an attitude of confidence with him that Ronnie still has to create, he was far from the reason why we won last year, and certainly has nothing to do with our lack of success this year.

i'm not so sure...as much as i dislike ricky...he is one hell of a football player...in his 1st season with the Fins 2003...when he run the rushing title...he made our o-line look better than it really was...believe me he did. he has the ablility to take it all the way...he has the break away speed...and he was a player that could make big plays...for some reason ronnie had not been able to do that.

oh and i'm not so sure about your sig...i think z. thomas is showing his age and has played awful this season...be can't blitz at all...evertime he comes on a blitz he gets knock on his butt and he's missing a lot of tackles...he is on his last leg.

but all of our lbs are playing like crap....including ZT.

The difference is Mularkey.

He was a joke when he left here... and we can't believe you guys gave him more money to call plays.

The difference is, the OL was playing better down the stretch last season than it is this season.

THAT'S the biggest difference. That and Mularkey's playcalling now compared to Linehan's down the stretch last year.

Remember, we were 3-7 thru 10 games last year. When Ricky came back, we lost 5 or our next 6.

I'm a big Ricky fan. But we're not running ANYBODY. Not Ronnie, not Lee Suggs, not Travis Minor. Ronnie is plenty talented. The only effect Ricky may have had thru these four games was perhaps forcing Mike Mularkey to run the ball a bit more.

It's not anything Ronnie is or isn't doing. Heck, Ronnie has the most catches and the fourth-most receiving yards on the team.

dean_siu said:

Injustices? It was his 4th offense? Granted it was something different, but how many times should a guy be warned?
Hell, the NFL was very gracious in allowing him to come back last year and only missing 4 games...

Back
Top Bottom