Ricky on 1st Team, Ronnie Brown 2nd Team...But Showing Better Hands | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky on 1st Team, Ronnie Brown 2nd Team...But Showing Better Hands

I love the fact that we're able to have this debate but Ricky has proven what he can do and Ronnie hasn't.

nick1 said:
I told everybody that Brown has better hands then Ricky
Congratulations captain obvious. :lol:

Show me one person who thought the opposite and ill show you a woman/fool/kid.

they might be wasting too many reps on Ricky. He wont even be available til the 5th game of the season..

outlawd2u said:
I don't think any of us can say for sure that Ricky Williams is a better RB than R. Brown. From all the highlight clips I've watched of Brown, he has a lot better vision, and more moves then he seems to be getting credit for. Also RIGHT NOW Brown is Bigger, Faster, and as it's been well documented is a better WR, and from everything I read or hear he is an Excellent Blocker. Ricky does have some major skills at RB, but to say he's better than R. Brown before you even see Brown play a game in the NFL is a bit premature.

I think to be fair you need to watch ricky's COLLEGE highlights in order to compare the two, because there is a difference between the play in NCAA and in the NFL. Not saying Ronnie sucks or even that ricky is better, that can't be judged effectively until we all see both of them play in regular season action against the starters that are actually trying their hardest, not just in for a series or two in preseason, but to look at Ronnie's college highlights and compare them to ricky's NFL highlights and say that he looks better isn't really fair (i apologize if you are comparing the two's NCAA highlights). You also have to take into account the fact that Ronnie shared snaps so in a lot of the highlights he can be a lot fresher than ricky was running at. I just think we will really see what BOTH are made of once the regular season starts, we will see if Ronnie can make the transfer and if Ricky can make the comeback.

wonderl33t said:
Word around draft time was that Ronnie had the best hands of anyone in the draft including all WRs... so I'm not surprised by this

All the reviews had the best hands at the draft...

1-MWilliams Det
2-HMiller Pit
3-RBrown Mia

Which puts Brown (and Miller) ahead of every other WR . Pretty damn good.

I think what really counts for these guys is Ricky puts the ball on the ground too much. If Ronnie can hold onto it MOST of the time, I think you will see him get a lot of the carries in the goal line, and red zone opportunities.

Turnovers kill.

Rickys stats on fumbling (for the record)...

22 fumbles lost in 70 games
A fumble lost every 3.2 games. Exactly 5 a year.

1589 carries
+229 receptions
=
1818 touches

He's averaged 25.9 touches per game.
A fumble lost every 77.7 touches.

Mauler said:
Rickys stats on fumbling (for the record)...

22 fumbles lost in 70 games
A fumble lost every 3.2 games. Exactly 5 a year.

1589 carries
+229 receptions
=
1818 touches

He's averaged 25.9 touches per game.
A fumble lost every 77.7 touches.

good job, stats never lie!

GreenMonster said:
Just about everyone agrees Ronnie has the best hands at RB since Tomlinson.
that's going a bit too far for someone who hasn't played a down yet.

He would make a good 3rd down back until the's ready and the fins are ready to part ways w/ RW or Rw has secured that 8.6 million.

outlawd2u said:
I don't think any of us can say for sure that Ricky Williams is a better RB than R. Brown. From all the highlight clips I've watched of Brown, he has a lot better vision, and more moves then he seems to be getting credit for. Also RIGHT NOW Brown is Bigger, Faster, and as it's been well documented is a better WR, and from everything I read or hear he is an Excellent Blocker. Ricky does have some major skills at RB, but to say he's better than R. Brown before you even see Brown play a game in the NFL is a bit premature.
I like Ronnie and I believe that is going to be good.....but I do desagree with your post.

outlawd2u said:

Watch TT's Runningback video and read the post's in the thread. Almost everyone comments on how awesome Ricky was in his highlights. Ronnie didnt get mentioned nearly as much as Ricky. This proves nothing I realize but it does say that when people watched Ricky they were blown away by how good he looked. And being Ronnie is our top pick nobody wants to think that he may not be as good as Ricky but not to many people were blown away by his highlights.

Back
Top Bottom