Ricky Williams 2002 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Williams 2002

Stop it, what RB doesn't want the ball? that says more about Ricky than the coaching staff. Miami paid a hefty price(overpiad) for Rickjy so of course they were going to ride him.

He can hide behind a medical condition all he wants, the fact is he quit on his team then let them down again getting suspended b/c he couldn't stay off drugs. I get you like him and will defend him but this is not a good guy no matter how many excuses you make.

Ricky rode the Jets defense for years. They relaxed and enjoyed the pounding.

Ricky rode the Jets defense for years. They relaxed and enjoyed the pounding.

He had some good games against us, ge should be a HOF player but he's not going in b/c he didn't play up to his abilities often enough.

I cannot say I wasn't very disappointed when he retired in 04, but after 35+ carries a game in the National Football League I would smoke a lot of pot too. DW ruined what could have been the best back in the 2000's. Had HOF type skill

I cannot say I wasn't very disappointed when he retired in 04, but after 35+ carries a game in the National Football League I would smoke a lot of pot too. DW ruined what could have been the best back in the 2000's. Had HOF type skill

wannstedt ruined him by giving him a chance to become a great back in this league. Ricky was nothing in NO, he became a great back(briefly for just 1 year in 2002) in Miami. Ricky averaged 24.2 carries a game in 2002 and 2003, AP after a terrible knee injury averaged just under 22 this year- did he complain? Arian Foster had about 22 this year- did he complain? In Curtis martin's first 2 years w/ us he averaged just undre 24 carries/game- did he complain? what great RB compalins about getting the ball? especially when his greatest year by far was under that particular coach.

What an absolute beast he was that year.

On the other hand, what a disappointing year that was. I remember thinking we were headed for a huge year after that awesome game in Denver and then Ray Lucas stunk up the joint for a handful of games after Fiedler got hurt in that win.

• Former Dolphins running back Ricky Williams has joined the dark side. Williams, who played for Baltimore in 2011, his final NFL season, was on the field for the Super Bowl as a credentialed photographer for ESPN The Magazine.

wannstedt ruined him by giving him a chance to become a great back in this league. Ricky was nothing in NO, he became a great back(briefly for just 1 year in 2002) in Miami. Ricky averaged 24.2 carries a game in 2002 and 2003, AP after a terrible knee injury averaged just under 22 this year- did he complain? Arian Foster had about 22 this year- did he complain? In Curtis martin's first 2 years w/ us he averaged just undre 24 carries/game- did he complain? what great RB compalins about getting the ball? especially when his greatest year by far was under that particular coach.
Add in an average of 3 receptions a game, and an 8 man box every play. Point is he took a lot of damage. And anyway why the hell are you on a Miami Dolphins Fan Forum?? hahhaha shouldn't you be worried about the Jets paying Mark Sanchez 15 million a year to BUTTFUMBLE? Do you really have nothing better to do than get on a Dolphins Fan Forum and talk ****?

Add in an average of 3 receptions a game, and an 8 man box every play. Point is he took a lot of damage. And anyway why the hell are you on a Miami Dolphins Fan Forum?? hahhaha shouldn't you be worried about the Jets paying Mark Sanchez 15 million a year to BUTTFUMBLE? Do you really have nothing better to do than get on a Dolphins Fan Forum and talk ****?

yeah, no great backs ever catch passes or face 8 men in the box- only Ricky.

did you know in 2002 LT had 21 more touches than Ricky? and over those 2 years had only 8 less touches than Ricky. Did LT fall apart? did he whine?(about touches) did he quit?

I'll ignore the asinine non football portion of your post.

cost 2 1st round picks, that hurt the team big time with the lack of talent thru the 2004 -2008 seasons.
he was the best RB miami has had since i can remember. Ronnie brown was not even close too Ricky

I vividly remember watching the Jet game in Video 1 and watching that Orande Gadson catch still blows my mind

The interesting thing about this thread is that even though I've been quite vocal about the fact that the Finheaven powers-that-be have given Junc way too much freedom to troll and derail threads, this is the one topic where I feel he's right on (well, he's also right on about Taylor and Thomas being marginal Hall of Famers at best).

Ricky is treated like a folk-hero around here, despite the fact that he had one great year (in which the team went nowhere), one good year (in which the team went nowhere), and then the circus begins. Not to mention the fact that Ricky's sudden retirement helped precipitate the Ronnie Brown overreaction and the wasting of a top-2 draft pick.

Wanny gets excoriated around here for all kinds of reasons, yet the Ricky trade is the one thing he's not criticized for that should be on the top of the list.

Last edited by a moderator:
ANYONE WHO THINKS JASON TAYLOR IS A MARGINAL HALL OF FAMER SHOULD BE BANNED. He will be a first ballot hall of famer and is the greatest pass rusher to ever play the game. He also has the record for fumbles returned for touchdowns by ANY PLAYER ANY POSITION. That guy is a joke get him off here

ANYONE WHO THINKS JASON TAYLOR IS A MARGINAL HALL OF FAMER SHOULD BE BANNED. He will be a first ballot hall of famer and is the greatest pass rusher to ever play the game. He also has the record for fumbles returned for touchdowns by ANY PLAYER ANY POSITION. That guy is a joke get him off here

wow, first ballot? greatest pass rusher? come on now.:lol:

taylors not the greatest pass rusher to ever play the game...and he dissappeared all the time in big games...went ghost when something real was on the line...i don't think he should be a first ballot hof guy either...

anyways junc have you heard anything about what dustin keller is looking for in free agency #'s wise??? am i right in thinking he's looking for top 5 te money in the $8 mil per year range???

Back
Top Bottom