Ricky Williams-not just Football | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Williams-not just Football

Peebs

Matchmaker, party planner
Reaction score
(and apologies if this trivia question was already asked...)

BUT besides Football-what sport, team and what round in the 1995 draft was Ricky Williams picked?

(I can't offer a prize besides a half eaten jar of Nutella, the tasty hazelnut-chocolate spread taking Europe by storm)

Nope. After the original team drafted (in 1995) him he was taken in 1998 to the Expos who then sold him to the Rangers.

Hint- he actually played in the minor league A ball (95-98) team for ______. And he was drafted as an Outfielder. I would have LOVED to see him stealing bases!

Originally posted by Peebs
Nope. After the original team drafted (in 1995) him he was taken in 1998 to the Expos who then sold him to the Rangers.

Hint- he actually played in the minor league A ball (95-98) team for ______. And he was drafted as an Outfielder. I would have LOVED to see him stealing bases!

Answer: Martinsville, Va. Phillies & Canapolis NC. Bull Weavels.

My son in law was his room mate.

Please e-mail me your 1/2 eatin jar of nutella.:lol:

VERY GOOD! :D
He was drafted in the 8th round by the Phillies as an outfielder....could you just see him stealing bases! :eek:

As for the Nutella, i think someone here might have eaten it so can i offer you a ham? :biggrin:

Why,Thank you very much Peebs!:D

According to my son in law, Ricky was awesome, but his bat was almost nil.
As is the case with most minor leaguers.

WOW...so is the son-in-law still in contact with his old A ball roomie? :D And did your Son-in-law get out of A ball at all?

WOW...so is the son-in-law still in contact with his old A ball roomie? :D And did your Son-in-law get out of A ball at all?

My son in law had an opportunity to speak to Ricky last pre season when the Phins scrimmaged the Titans in Nashville.

He was drafted right out of high school as a outfielder also. His contract had a built in college education.
He took advantage of that and received his degree. He gave pro baseball three years and realized that he needed to move on to his second child hood dream of country music singer / song writer and just last week sold two songs to Sony. He has been very fortunate and has had quite a few doors opened to him. If this doesn't work out he will go to law school.

Pretty cool resume! Not often you get a chance to live out 2 childhood dreams on one lifetime!
Good luck to him!

Thanks Peebs, Here's another cool angle. His Grandfather and my Father were best friends, his father and I are best friends and he married my daughter.:p

VERY GOOD! :D
He was drafted in the 8th round by the Phillies as an outfielder....could you just see him stealing bases! :eek:

As for the Nutella, i think someone here might have eaten it so can i offer you a ham? :biggrin:

Could you see him crushing a catcher?

Originally posted by booyeah_
Could you see him crushing a catcher?

Yea, Boo. Be pretty hard to hold on to the ball having Ricky run over you.

Back
Top Bottom