Ricky Williams still high on cannabis use, and now he’s talking about it | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky Williams still high on cannabis use, and now he’s talking about it

finomenal

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article150750997.html

BY MICHELLE KAUFMAN
mkaufman@miamiherald.com

Ricky Williams, the former Miami Dolphins running back whose career and reputation were tarnished by marijuana use, is now a national spokesman for cannabis use.

After spending years as the punchline for pothead jokes, Williams will be a keynote speaker at the Southeast Cannabis Conference and Expo, June 9-11 at the Greater Fort Lauderdale / Broward County Convention Center. It is the first large-scale cannabis convention ever held in South Florida, and expected to draw thousands of participants including patients, scientists, doctors, and others working in the cannabis business.

Ricky Williams still high on cannabis use

In other news, Nicholas Cage is still the spokesperson for YOU DON'T SAY memes

9b3.png

I'm high on cannabis juice too. This should be such a non subject but what can one do when so many people have such archaic views on the matter... other than to not give a **** of course.

"archaic"

He was someone and he did compete, this issue isn't with Ricky it's with a society that will outlaw a plant that grows naturally but push liquid poison (alcohol). Take it step further

An estimated 88,0009 people (approximately 62,000 men and 26,000 women9) die from alcohol-related causes annually, making alcohol the fourth leading preventable cause of death in the United States. In 2014, alcohol-impaired driving fatalities accounted for 9,967 deaths (31 percent of overall driving fatalities).
"https://www.niaaa.nih.gov/alcohol-health/...alcohol.../alcohol-facts-and-statistics"

Weed - Non reported.

When will the NFL start looking at marijuana as a serious form of pain management?

It won't happen while Goodell is around, not too long ago he spoke on the usage and said

“I think you still have to look at a lot of aspects of marijuana use,” Goodell said. “Is it something that can be negative to the health of our players? Listen, you’re ingesting smoke, so that’s not usually a very positive thing that people would say. It does have addictive nature. There are a lot of compounds in marijuana that may not be healthy for the players long-term. All of those things have to be considered. And it’s not as simple as someone just wants to feel better after a game. We really want to help our players in that circumstance but I want to make sure that the negative consequences aren’t something that is something that we’ll be held accountable for some years down the road.”

Yet the impact the pills they hand out yearly to players like candy don't matter when it comes to the human body because it has been the norm for so long now.

I wonder what percentage of the public would feel differently if they knew some "medical marijuana" didn't involve smoking nor did it get you high.

Back
Top Bottom