Ricky Williams still high on cannabis use, and now he’s talking about it

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by finomenal, May 16, 2017.

1. finomenal

finomenal A True Fan

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article150750997.html

2. VBCheeseGrater

VBCheeseGrater Optimist Homer Finheaven VIP

Good for him - at least he's actually doing something useful with it. It would have be easy to try and fade into the background after all he went or put himself through, especially given his social anxiety...go head on Ricky!

3. TeeMoney

TeeMoney Penny Wise and Dollar Dumb Finheaven VIP

He could'a been someone, he could'a been a contender.

Dolfandenny and Wildbill3 like this.
  4. Goin` Deep

Goin` Deep "Pick your guy and let it fly" Finheaven VIP Donator

Glad to see him speak in favor. Weed is getting legalized in more and more states. It's not a big deal to smoke anymore, and the NFL should legalize it for players to use....certainly is better to smoke a little, than to have a few doubles and get behind the wheel.

5. Eesti

Eesti Rookie

I figured he moved to Colorado by now.

6. jazz015

jazz015 Well-Known Member

oh he is still smoking, are they going to report water is wet next

JakeemThe Dream likes this.
  7. kcbrown

kcbrown Life is what we make it. Donator

Run Ricky Run!

Smoke Ricky Smoke!

8. CChambers84

CChambers84 Scout Team

When will the NFL start looking at marijuana as a serious form of pain management?

9. illscriptures

illscriptures We need better LB's

I'm high on cannabis juice too. This should be such a non subject but what can one do when so many people have such archaic views on the matter... other than to not give a **** of course.

10. Daytona Fin

Daytona Fin Playoffs Moderator Finheaven VIP

In other news, Nicholas Cage is still the spokesperson for YOU DON'T SAY memes

[​IMG]

11. TeeMoney

TeeMoney Penny Wise and Dollar Dumb Finheaven VIP

"archaic"

12. dolphinkee

dolphinkee Scout Team

He was someone and he did compete, this issue isn't with Ricky it's with a society that will outlaw a plant that grows naturally but push liquid poison (alcohol). Take it step further

An estimated 88,0009 people (approximately 62,000 men and 26,000 women9) die from alcohol-related causes annually, making alcohol the fourth leading preventable cause of death in the United States. In 2014, alcohol-impaired driving fatalities accounted for 9,967 deaths (31 percent of overall driving fatalities).
    "https://www.niaaa.nih.gov/alcohol-health/...alcohol.../alcohol-facts-and-statistics"

Weed - Non reported.

El Calebra, fish920 and kcbrown like this.
  13. SCLSU Mud Dogs

SCLSU Mud Dogs foos-ball is the devil! Donator

I'm actually really glad I haven't read anything in this thread about how weed is the Devil's Lettuce and should be banned.

I don't even smoke and I want it to be legal

14. Phinz1972

Phinz1972 Make me a sammich

It won't happen while Goodell is around, not too long ago he spoke on the usage and said

Yet the impact the pills they hand out yearly to players like candy don't matter when it comes to the human body because it has been the norm for so long now.

15. Russ57

Russ57 Member

I wonder what percentage of the public would feel differently if they knew some "medical marijuana" didn't involve smoking nor did it get you high.

Dolfandenny and NorFlaFin like this.
  16. Pandarilla

Pandarilla Well-Known Member

This creepy, psychic lady in Sedona, AZ put an interesting spin on the topic. If you extract the astrological interpretations from the Bible, it seemslike a consensus that we are currently in the Piscean age, transitioning to the Aquarian age. She flippantly said that, oh yeah, Pisces is a water sign, meaning drinking was the dominant intoxicant; only to transition to Cannibis because naturally Aquarius is actually an air sign...huh?

Bottom line, 100 years max and the opinions will switch.

An even bigger piece of redemptive nomenclature came to me in the last few weeks when listening to a Joe Rogan interview with Joey Diaz(?). Diaz stated without a doubt that Bruce Lee ate hash cookies after his workouts because he was aware of the anti-inflammatory properties of cannabis.

17. FinJay614

FinJay614 Well-Known Member

Ricky is somehow one of my favorite Dolphins and also my most hated Dolphin. He has me all screwed up.

JakeemThe Dream and Pandarilla like this.
  18. bigchub22

bigchub22 Starter

Reading it high and as a VET marijuana has been a HUGE life saver for me!! He also has part ownership of a gym that you smoke at before your workout. It helps open up airways. I'm a powerlifter and I use it sometimes before workouts and get great pumps and focus! I grew up HATING "pot heads" thinking they were all lazy and talked like idiots. Marijuana has cured my insomnia, helped me with a major stomach digestive issue that nothing else would fix, motivates me if using the right strain, cures my anxiety the list is endless. Good for him!!

19. thaemcee2

thaemcee2 B.A.M.F. 0321

Ricky was and will always be my favorite RB...good for him, he did what was best for HIM

20. phintim

phintim Seasoned Veteran

When your body takes a pounding and you smoke that stuff it opens up your mind to the injuries you have sustained. Your mind can be trained to put up barriers to pain but its still there and eventually you have to deal with it.

21. FearTheBeard

FearTheBeard FearTheBurke

Ricky's the man. You do you dude.

22. CRIOS

CRIOS PERFECT PHINS '72 Finheaven VIP Donator

Medical pot helps a lot of folks whom are undergoing daily hardships because of illness. I am all for the cause if pot helps such ones out.

23. Michael Scott

Michael Scott Well-Known Member

High every night. Never used another "drug" in my entire life. Never smoked a nasty *** cigarette either. Oh yeah, such a gateway drug! People are right. It shouldn't be a subject anymore, and it should be legal worldwide. Why is alcohol legal? Much bigger risk, and way bigger impairment. Oh, but we can walk into the gas station and buy that.

24. royalshank

royalshank Scout Team Finheaven VIP Donator

Turned out he was ahead of his time. He used pot instead of narcotics to cope w pain from playing ball. And he paid a heavy price (financially) for doing so. Always loved him. That year he shredded for 1853 he was running as well as is humanly possible. Even Jim Brown commented on it. Ricky was awesome. Wish he'd hung around Balt for 1 more year - would have gotten a ring.

25. dahlmarino

dahlmarino Hating The Jets With A Passion Since '84

Once our politicians stop giving in to the pharmaceutical companies that line their pockets to keep it illegal so it doesn't cut into their precious profits. And then the DEA stops with their diatribe about how there's no "proven benefit" (in spite of so much research saying otherwise both here and overseas) to cannabis medicinally. So we might have a ways to go unless the NFL decides to pioneer the process preemptively, which is doubtful to happen.

Michael Scott likes this.
  26. JakeemThe Dream

JakeemThe Dream Well-Known Member

I think more than 50% of Americans smoke on a daily basis.

Ricky chose weed rather than die quickly on pain pills that are currently ravaging our United States.

He probably been a HOF ,but he was ahead of his time. Very unfortunate he got punished for knowing the truth before the NFL still doesn't know.

Weed>Painkillers..Shouldn't even be a discussion.

When its "prescribed" from some bozoo doctor, it's okay by NFL standards.

Such a complete joke lol

royalshank likes this.
  27. Phinz1972

Phinz1972 Make me a sammich

While I agree and believe better form of pain management, can be helpful with anxiety, PTSD, etc.. the fact remains it is still illegal and only few places have taken on the medical approach of it(more are in the works, but progress is slow), so the NFL is an entity and will do things it's way and only that way while saying it's best for the shield.

I think a big hold back for most of the Nfl higher ups is the image of weed usage burned into their minds from the older days, pair that with people like Josh Gordon that just smoke to smoke with his buddies(which hey is fine too to me, but if you are told by place of work hey it's illegal in the US and within our company, bring on trouble when you ignore that warning) and have a good time. It is on the players and former players to enlighten the Nfl on medical benefits of the usage, the Nfl isn't going to conduct it's own. So we have former players like Ricky speaking and being living proof, players like Eugene Monroe turning down millions to play for a team after the Ravens cut him because he didn't want to harm his body further, instead he invested/partnered with medical marijuana research company and donates towards the research needed to provide evidence of the benefits.

Goin` Deep likes this.
  28. Goin` Deep

Goin` Deep "Pick your guy and let it fly" Finheaven VIP Donator

Great post Phinz1972

29. finomenal

finomenal A True Fan

I no longer shy away from the word drug. That word drug has been demonized by the D.A.R.E. program and other government sponsored organizations for decades to convince the masses that all drugs are bad. Marijuana truly is a gateway drug though; however, the gateway you choose makes a difference. This is where personal responsibility comes in. You can end up going down the road of cocaine, opiates, etc., or you can follow the gateway into the psychedelic family (which includes marijuana btw) and open your mind to new adventures, pathways of thinking, unique perspectives, and personal growth. It's an amazing journey that is impossible to fully encapsulate into words.

30. efdm40

efdm40 Scout Team

Guys, always remember pot is not a drug it is a stimulant just like caffeine
    everything coming out nature is not a drug, drugs are being manufactured in labs
    Just search and see how many ailments marihuana cures especially cancer and
    migraine

31. TheWalrus

TheWalrus 1/7/14 Finheaven VIP