Rishard Matthews better be active sunday! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rishard Matthews better be active sunday!

phinatic1399

Diehard Phinatic!
Reaction score
He deserves it. The kid balled out against the cowboys and made that nice catch, he has had a steady camp, I see a lot of promise in this kid, but were carrying 6 WR's so idk whats gonna happen, my guess is moore will just be used for special teams?

Love this kid's potential. Hopefully he sticks with the team, and continues to progress

I wouldn't be surprised if he's used on punt returns. They have to get him on the field at some point to see what he can do. He was too productive in college not to get a chance.

I think it all depends on whether or not the team is comfortable with where Hartline and Armstrong are at after only one week of practice. Bess is a surefire lock, as is Moore as he's our best ST player.

We need one of these receivers to step up and be a #1... I hope that we can see someone shine on Sunday Matthews, Armstrong or even Hartline. I don't think anyone is going to scare people but as long as Tanny can get it to them and they catch it consistantly they can collectively be dangerous (ie Noodle Arm days)

If The Meatball were here you know for sure he wouldnt be active! The Meatball had a penchant for always going, "Surprise, this guy who should be active is inactive!"

Don't think he'll be active, but we'll see.

I think he wont be I hope he is but I think moore will get it over him cuz of.his special teams

if he's not active, what are you going to do? post as many negative things as you can?

We really need to see what he can do with the starters, there is just too much potential there to forget about. If Miami ends up getting another receiver after this week, they better get rid of Naanee. I believe Matthews will be active this week, but how much work we will see from him is another question.

I agree on Nanaee. He is the second coming of Ernie Wilford. He is a progress stopper for someone with actual potential and he absolutely sucks. Get him out of here, please.

He will eventually be the starter IMO. Especially after our receivers continue to suck, Sherman and Philbin is going to want to mix things up to see what we got to work with next year.

reshard is the PERFECT example of the kind of player that sparano would have burried or cut just to watch him go to a division rival and flourish.

this "makes me miss sparano" is one of the most bizzare statements i have seen yet. philbin is just the opposite of sparano, i think he knows exactly what he is doing. he knows the players he needs to build a championship locker room and just as important, he knows the players you dont want in a locker room.

i bet your a younger guy and didnt watch the cowboys when tom landry was coach, but philbin reminds me of him a whole lot. easy going demeanor. rarely blows up on the sideline. but he knew how to teach the game, and he knew how to get his point across. he also didnt stand for players who didnt belong in a championship locker room.

everyone thought jimmy johnson was a baffoon that was in over his head to. how did that turn out? his first two seasons were AWFUL and he kept getting rid of players and collecting the ones he needed, all while the fans and media and even his coaching peers derided him endlessly and cursed his very existance.

people have been mistaken that this yearly turning over the bottom of the roster and bargain bin fre agents as some sort of rebuilding. philbin is in the midst of a TRUE rebuild. getting rid of the so called star players who are not living up to there reputation and salary. the lazy, the malcontents who are like the proverbial bad apple. and its refreshing! its over due. and its the RIGHT THING to building a winner!!

turn that frown upside down and get on the philbin bus man!! :)

man. how quickly people forget how bad sparano REALLY was.

Back
Top Bottom