Rishard Matthews | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rishard Matthews

dolpns13

Taste the Burn
Club Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how he is doing this offseason? I havent heard too much about him. Is he still injured?

He had 1 catch for 7 yards vs Houston. That's all I got, but at least he's back

he'll make the team. I think he will do some good things

he took one for the team on a 15 yd pass downfield taking a crown to the back of the head and got up.

He would have caught the ball had it not been so viscious. But hey, Houston hits low now. right!

Really like this kid, yea he's been hurt and didn't show too much last year but he's a guy worth developing over the junk we've recently had on this team. Really think his skill set fits this offense well. Probably our #4 WR, unless Bumphis just goes insane the last 2 preseason games.

I have to digress slightly here to get back to my thought about the original question: I LOVE that we have a star cornerback on the team and practicing everyday verses our WRs. I think getting matched up against Grimes in practice will really test the mettle of our WR corps and quickly separate the contenders from the pretenders. Let's face it, I honestly don't think Miami really knew what they had last year until the real bullets fired and it dawned on them that the position was a freakin' black hole after Hartline & Bess. With Grimes, you either go strong or you turn in your playbook and go back to stocking groceries. This leads me back to Matthews.
I think the fact that Matthews was looked to immediately by Matt Moore when Moore came back into the game Saturday night is telling. I do think Rishard is an NFL WR even if his measurables never knocked anybody out. From the get-go he's had the saavy and intuition of a receiver at this level and has showed great toughness as well. I know that in the games he did play in last year, I remember him playing tough and making good catches, as well avoiding the kind of mental errors and 'hearing footsteps' issues that have plagued other young WRs. He's literally the opposite of a guy like Clyde Gates, who, for all I know is already flipping burgers somewhere. Some players just transcend their physical ability and just 'get' football, and Matthews certainly seems to be one of those players and I think things would've had to have gone TERRIBLY wrong this summer for Matthews not to make the team.

He'll be there because he belongs.

I one of the few that's not on the Matthews bandwagon. I think he should be looking over his shoulder at Bumphis, Tyms, and even McNutt. If Armon Binns was healthy, Matthews may not make the team imo

I one of the few that's not on the Matthews bandwagon. I think he should be looking over his shoulder at Bumphis, Tyms, and even McNutt. If Armon Binns was healthy, Matthews may not make the team imo

Matthews has proved nothing but we don't have much behind the top 3 at receiver so he has a good chance to stick. Mc Nutt is mcawful

Back
Top Bottom