Roberto Wallace not concerned about competition | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Roberto Wallace not concerned about competition

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
This Miami Dolphins regime has a history of finding undrafted rookie receivers like Miles Austin and Davone Bess and turning them into household names.
Roberto Wallace is looking to take his game to the next level.

Many inside the Dolphins organization feel like Roberto Wallace’s blend of size and speed will make him the next former unknown to establish a decent NFL career.
Wallace, who came on the Kup & Kelly show on Saturday to talk about his offseason goals and training (LISTEN HERE), came out of nowhere last season. He made the 53-man roster as an undrafted rookie, beating out 2009 third-round pick Patrick Turner for his spot. His special team contributions had Wallace on the game day roster for most of the season.
But right when this San Diego State produce was beginning to make strides, getting included in the game plans, having plays called for him, Wallace suffered a knee injury that began to limit his forward progress.
Wallace said his knee is fine now, and his goal is to pick up where he left off, learning to use his 6-foot-4, 225 pounds frame and sub 4.5 speed to continually threaten opposing secondaries.
Wallace, who contributed six passes for 62 yards last season, isn’t training with the Davie contingent of Dolphins players working out on their own at Nova Southeastern. He’s actually been grinding with Bess and the personal trainer Bess relocated from Hawaii to specifically tailor an offseason program for the receivers.
http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sport...-wallace-not-concerned-about-competition.html

Working with Bess is certainly the best way to go about achieving his goals. You won't find a harder worker.

Wallace could be that receiving threat we need down the seem. a little light, but fast enough to be an absolute nightmare for linebackers and big enough to shred safeties. fasano can block.

I would hope that he is a little bit concerned. He still needs to win his spot on the team and should be concerned that there is someone else that is going to come in and try to win his spot....

I would like to see him or Pruitt take the 5th spot. If we don't sign a FA WR, that is.

I think Wallace is going to be facing some stiff competition this year. I think the Dolphins like past years will only carry five receivers this upcoming season. Marshall, Bess, Hartline and Gates are pretty much stone cold locks to make the 53 man roster. That means as of right now it is between Moore, Wallace, Foster, Pruitt and Carter for that last roster spot, and that is before we even hit free agency and sign undrafted free agents.

I love Wallace's size and potential, but I have to give the early edge to Moore. Though I think we can all agree that having to choose between those two for the 5th spot is a GOOD problem to have.

wallace is a san diego state product not produce like a bag of lettuce, omar you twit.

he didnt impress much in regular season, either did moore, they had a few nice catches, step up yo games!

I think Wallace is going to be facing some stiff competition this year. I think the Dolphins like past years will only carry five receivers this upcoming season. Marshall, Bess, Hartline and Gates are pretty much stone cold locks to make the 53 man roster. That means as of right now it is between Moore, Wallace, Foster, Pruitt and Carter for that last roster spot, and that is before we even hit free agency and sign undrafted free agents.
I love Wallace's size and potential, but I have to give the early edge to Moore. Though I think we can all agree that having to choose between those two for the 5th spot is a GOOD problem to have.

I would go with Wallace as the 5th WR because of his simultaneous value on special teams.

Moore has decent speed but he does not have strong hands at all. If contested or in traffic, he isn't strong enough to handle it. With Gates coming in, Moore is as good as gone unless he improves significantly.

Wallace brings more to the table in terms of special teams. He has stronger hands than Moore and gives us the only depth option in the case Marshall gets hurt or infirmed. Wallace provides a nice red zone target and more potential IMO.

At the end of the day, it has nothing to do with what we say but how they perform and they will all have a chance. If Moore has improved his hand strength, maybe he wins the day. But I think Wallace is in the better position to be our 5th receiver.

I think he should be worried. He's competing with a handful of other guys for the last receiver spot.

Yeah ... he knows getting a spot on Specials Teams is a cinch!!

Back
Top Bottom