Robertson Set to Go | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Robertson Set to Go

NYJ EcKo151

Starter
Reaction score
ROBERTSON WON'T WORRY ABOUT KNEE
By STEVE SERBY

August 15, 2005 -- Dewayne Robertson doesn't want to talk about his achy left knee or think about his left knee, thank you.

"I'm looking forward to this year, I'm good, I'm ready to go," Robertson said.

Robertson sought a second opinion from Dr. James Andrews last week and it helped give him peace of mind. He was held out of the preseason opener against the Lions, but will play Friday night against the Vikings.

"My knee is feeling good, and I'm gonna practice whenever they ask me to practice and I'm gonna be out there every day," he said.

Robertson was asked if he has any concerns that down the road his knee could affect him.

"Football is a very impact sport; everybody gets hurt," he said. "I hope to play 'til I can't play no more. My knee don't have anything to do with what I want to do and how long I want to play. Everybody gets nicks and scrapes and things." Robertson was reluctant to discuss his knee because of team policy.

I'm good, I'm ready to play football, man; y'all act like I broke my leg or something; I'm ready," Robertson said.

Robertson is confident that defensive coordinator Donnie Henderson's rotation system at the nose will compensate for the departure of Jason Ferguson.

"We shouldn't miss a beat," he said. "We're a lot better off than we were last year at this time 'cause everybody was getting used to Donnie's scheme."

A disgusted Justin Miller dropped three punts and was serenaded with a loud Bronx cheer from the Hofstra gallery when he caught one.

* Ty Law participated briefly in drills but did not practice . . . Jerald Sowell (ribs) went for X-rays yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom