Rolando McClain officially declares for NFL Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rolando McClain officially declares for NFL Draft

Terrific, terrific player in my opinion although a little part of me still wonders if he's better suited to the 4-3.

Terrific, terrific player in my opinion although a little part of me still wonders if he's better suited to the 4-3.

Hey Boom, how about Weatherspoon and Spikes? ILB in the 3-4? Doesn't Weatherspoon seem faster than McClain or have I just not watched enough tape?

i assume you'd be thinking about the lack of physicality on his part for someone with his size and strength. i tend to agree with you there. i still think he'd be great in our 3-4 - but 4-3 might suit him a little better. that's the main reason i favor spikes when comparing the two - spikes is as physical as it gets - where mcclain seems to tone it down at times.

I wonder how he gets covered up so well by Cody and how plays, as Chris so rightly says, get funnelled to him. I think he's physical enough but sometimes i get the feeling that there's 10% left in his game. And at times, especially straight ahead, he has trouble disengaging. You get those big guards out to him and can he get off the really, really good ones: Faneca, Carl Nicks, Logan Mankins, Ben Grubbs, etc.

I wonder how he gets covered up so well by Cody and how plays, as Chris so rightly says, get funnelled to him. I think he's physical enough but sometimes i get the feeling that there's 10% left in his game. And at times, especially straight ahead, he has trouble disengaging. You get those big guards out to him and can he get off the really, really good ones: Faneca, Carl Nicks, Logan Mankins, Ben Grubbs, etc.

Agreed, and while I still have him as #1 on my wish list there is part of me that questions his motor and maybe toughness. I'm glad I am not the only one seeing it.

I think some people are getting a little picky.....:lol:

Having the guy on "your" team is like having a defensive co-ordinator on the field calling the plays......priceless.

He organises.
He tackles.
He covers.

Dont make things tougher than they need to be....lol....He didnt win the best LB in the country award for nothing.

If he's there at 12 you hire Usain Bolt to run the card up to the commish! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom