Rolando McClain reinstated into NFL | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rolando McClain reinstated into NFL

mnphinfan

Lifelong Fin Fan
Club Member
Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...mcclain-reinstated-from-reserveretired-list/I i just saw McClain was reinstated and Baltimore has 24 hours to either cut him, trade him or put him on the active roster. Question is, if Newsome said he was available what would you give up. Reports are that he is a little out of shape and didn't look great in his workout for the team. IIRC he was a good two down LB but had problems in coverage. I think I'd be willing to give up at least a 7th and maybe a 6th. It would be a very low cost high reward deal that could very easily flop. One would have to wonder though if Philbin would want a player with McCain's checkered past. I doubt he'd want another troubled player in the locker room.

I heard he couldnt finish the conditioning drill the Ravens put him though. I wasn't a fan of him before that, so I'm not sure I'd even give the man a try out.

A 6th or a 7th? Are you crazy man? Woudn't even take him as a FA

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

If he is healthy and in football shape I wouldn't mind signing him as depth. He might be better than Phillip Wheeler.

No way in hell

As for even considering giving up a pick .. insanity

Nope. Just keep on moving. I wouldn't give up a thing for the guy especially because he is more than likely to be cut.

I'd consider it, he honestly cannot be worse than phillip wheeler. He was first round talent just a few years ago that has to count for something?

I would give nothing for him. The guy was given the chance of a lifetime and He blew it, not someone else, it is all on him.
On December 1, 2011, McClain was arrested by Decatur police and charged with third-degree assault, menacing, reckless endangerment and discharging a firearm inside the city limits, all of which are misdemeanors, for a shooting incident that occurred the night before.[28][29] On May 17, 2012, McClain was found guilty on all counts, ordered to pay a $500 fine for each charge, totaling $2,000, and sentenced to spend 45 days in jail for each charge, 180 in total. He was freed on bond, and will begin serving his sentence on June 1.[30]

On November 18, 2012, while the case was on appeal, the charges were dismissed by the Judge after the victim decided not to press charges. According to lawyers involved, a financial settlement was reached between McClain and the victim.[31]

On January 8, 2013 McClain was arrested by Decatur Police in Morgan County after an officer pulled him over for a window tint violation. McClain provided the officer with a false name and he was arrested and booked into the Decatur City Jail. McClain bonded out of jail later that day.[32]

On April 21, 2013, McClain was arrested for disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolando_McClain

I'd consider it, he honestly cannot be worse than phillip wheeler. He was first round talent just a few years ago that has to count for something?

by that logic, I offer this: jamarcus russell was first overall talent, how did that go? Wanna give him a go?

Last edited by a moderator:
by that logic, I offer this: jamarcus russell was first overall talent, how did that go?
I was going to counter that Jamarcus was picked by the raiders but then i realized so was rolando so I really got nothing :logic:

Back
Top Bottom