Roman's Early Mock Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Roman's Early Mock Draft

Roman529

Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew
Reaction score
Looks like we currently sit at #13 in the NFL draft order. I don't think our position will change much....possibly moving up a few spots as we have a tough schedule to finish off the year. I think our main needs are at WR, CB, OL, and another DE. I also think we might consider drafting a FG Kicker on Day 2, with a late round pick. I think Carpenter needs some competition and a kicker like Dustin Hopkins of Florida State might be worth using a pick on? Anyways, I did a four round mock, with an option A, and option B for each pick.

1. Keenan Allen, WR, Cal OR DE Dion Jordan, Oregon

2A. Stedman Bailey, WR, West Virginia OR Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington

2B. Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma OR Dallas Thomas, OT, Tennessee

3A. Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford OR Ryan Swope, WR, Texas A&M

3B. Jon Bostic, ILB, Florida OR Alex Hurst, RT/RG, LSU

4. Kenjon Barner, RB, Oregon, OR BPA

Looks like we currently sit at #13 in the NFL draft order. I don't think our position will change much....possibly moving up a few spots as we have a tough schedule to finish off the year. I think our main needs are at WR, CB, OL, and another DE. I also think we might consider drafting a FG Kicker on Day 2, with a late round pick. I think Carpenter needs some competition and a kicker like Dustin Hopkins of Florida State might be worth using a pick on? Anyways, I did a four round mock, with an option A, and option B for each pick.

This is the 6 i would pick from yours..............

This is the 6 i would pick from yours..............

Those six would help us a lot. We have a ton of needs...I just hope that Ireland doesn't package any picks and deal them away. We have to add a lot more on offense and give Tannehill some weapons. :up: Then we can also fill in the spaces through free agency.

STEDDDD the receiver who actually deserved the Bilentnikoff award. He had 9 more touchdowns than Lee. c'mon mannnn

I am actually hoping Swoope makes it on our roster since he has great chemistry with him all ready. Nothing like reuniting college roommates.

of your list those are the guys i like. I wouldn't mind doubling up at WR in back to back to back rounds, but it would be a different combo than what you did. I'd wait on a OT til later, we need immediate impact from our first five picks if not six. I'd rather double up on DE, than on OT as well. I like bostic, but I look for one of the ISU backers with a fourth round pick and go skill position in round three instead of bostic.

nice work though... a lot of stuff to sift through when you are trying to do mocks...

That draft would elevate the offense for sure. Barner is electrifying and flies through holes with the kind of explosion you can't teach. Would be a nice replacement for Bush and Miami could use him in the same kind of way. When all is said and done, though, Barner may end up as a round 2 guy. Some team will fall in love with him. I'd be happy with Allen, Hunter, Patterson or Eifert in round 1 with a possible trade down for Hunter or Eifert.

I too am split between Jordan & Allen in the 1st.

Personally, I don't think the phins could go wrong with the aforementioned two or Eifert. The world mist be ending I am suggesting the phins get a Notre DAme skill player.

Other players I have on my radar are;
  • Poyer CB Oregon St
  • Rivera TE Tennessee
  • Wheaton WR Oregon St
  • Skov ILB Stanford
  • John White IV RB Utah (had to throw 1 homer pick in)
  • From Nebraska K Reed & B Cotton (TE's) as well as Compton (ILB)

I would definitely draft Allen and Bailey 1 and 2 respectively....

I would definitely draft Allen and Bailey 1 and 2 respectively....

I would be ok with this as well, but I have a feeling Ireland won't go this way. I will give Ireland one last chance to make me proud and take some guys who can help kick start our offense. He did NOTHING to help Tannehill, as far as getting him some receivers/tight ends this past season.

i think that mock is back is a bit.. unrealistic. stedman bailey can be had in the 3rd round and there is no way zach ertz is falling to the third round. Dallas thomas is also going up on draft boards, he may end up going late first to early second. but it is still a possibility that he could fall to us for our second pick of the second round

I didnt think bailey would go in the 2nd either, but every guy does a mock and nobody really knows... I have guys in spots that ppl disagree with as well.

We have so many holes we need to go best player available.

Back
Top Bottom