Roman's Early Mock | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Roman's Early Mock

Roman529

Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew
Reaction score
Feel free to mock my Mock, any comments, criticisms, and thumbs up welcome fellas!!! :lol:

I am just going to do a five round mock based on what I see as our biggest needs. It's hard knowing exactly who we need to target as Free Agency and Trades have a huge impact on who we will be targeting in the May draft. I think our five biggest needs right now are: O-line, Tight End, Running Back, a Defensive Tackle, and the LB position.

1. TE - Jace Amaro, Texas Tech. I was a teaching assistant and student at Texas Tech for one semester back in the late 80's, so I still follow the football program as they have produced guys like Zach Thomas and Wes Welker. I really think Amaro would give Tannehill the big target we have been needing, especially in the Red Zone.

2. LT/OG, Zach Martin, Notre Dame. Unlike Johnathan Martin, this guy has a lot of toughness and can play different positions on the line. He did a great job as a four year starter at Notre Dame. Looking forward to seeing what he does at the Senior Bowl this week.

3. DT - Aaron Donald, Pittsburgh
. Really love Donald. I know CK is also a big fan. Great at stopping the run and getting QB sacks. Hope he makes it to us in round three.

4. RB, Darrin Reaves, UAB. I think this would be a steal pick in the fourth round. Reaves rushed for 2,337 yards in his career, ranked third in UAB history. He also is a good receiver, with 70 receptions the past two seasons for a pretty bad team. He was the only running back in college ball in 2012 with 1,000 rushing yards and 40 receptions.

5. OLB - Denicos Allen, Michigan State. Second Team, All Big-Ten. Leading tackler for the Spartans, where he started 38 consecutive games. Best defensive player on a very good defensive team.

I actually like it depending on what we do in free agency. Not sure Martin will be ther e when we pick in round 2. In order for that mock to work we need to get at least one OT in free agency or guard depending on where we'd play Martin.

Ozzy rules!!

Its tough to say I like drafting one lineman in the first 5 rounds when we have exactly one good starter on the line.

It's a nice thought, but as unpredictable as the draft is this is more than pushing it. Donald has a lot of mixed reviews, but he's a high 2nd rounder to most. I can't see him being there in the 3rd, let alone for our 2nd rounder. Martin is turning into a consensus top 20 prospect, think he's a likely 1st round target for us. I do like Amaro tho. Something more like Amaro-Gabe Jackson-Will Sutton would be more realistic at those positions. Reaves is interesting.

I like Donald a lot. I think the Geno Atkins comparisons are legit. Don't see him lasting until the 3rd, but he is undersized.

Not thrilled with Amaro in the 1st. Think every draft pick has follow the ideal that we need to build a more physical team. Jeremy Hill - for this reason - is the guy I'm most interested in at this point.

Is zack martin going to last til the second round?

Hey Roman. I would love that draft. I think Martin goes R1, maybe even to Miami at #19. He's a great fit. Donald could last to R3 and would be a steal there. I think he ultimately goes in the 2nd. What are your thoughts on James Wilder Jr. and what are some other tight ends the Dolphins could target in the 3-5th round range if the team goes offensive line with the first pick?

I like Donald a lot. I think the Geno Atkins comparisons are legit. Don't see him lasting until the 3rd, but he is undersized.

Not thrilled with Amaro in the 1st. Think every draft pick has follow the ideal that we need to build a more physical team. Jeremy Hill - for this reason - is the guy I'm most interested in at this point.
I agree the team needs to get more physical. Love Hill, but will have to do a thorough background check there. Miami is probably less likely to take on character risks than any team at this point. Maybe Hyde in R2?

Hey Roman. I would love that draft. I think Martin goes R1, maybe even to Miami at #19. He's a great fit. Donald could last to R3 and would be a steal there. I think he ultimately goes in the 2nd. What are your thoughts on James Wilder Jr. and what are some other tight ends the Dolphins could target in the 3-5th round range if the team goes offensive line with the first pick?

I haven't studied Wilder yet,...Florida State, right?? As for Tight Ends, I like Iowa's tight end...CJ Fiedorowicz....not sure I spelled his name right...but he's huge and has nice hands. He is a likely third rounder.

Also....Aaron Donald apparently was the star player at Monday's Senior Bowl. He could be a guy we look at in round one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't like TE in first round. Think we should draft O line or D line. Love Martin and Donald. However, both have flashed at senior bowl practices and will be 1st rounders if they flash in the game. I would love Zach Martin in the 1st. He will be picked in tyhe top 20. I think Allen would be a great addition to our team.

have we ever taken a TE in the first round?wont hold my breath

I haven't studied Wilder yet,...Florida State, right?? As for Tight Ends, I like Iowa's tight end...CJ Fiedorowicz....not sure I spelled his name right...but he's huge and has nice hands. He is a likely third rounder.

Also....Aaron Donald apparently was the star player at Monday's Senior Bowl. He could be a guy we look at in round one.
Yeah, Roman I agree Donald is moving up. I think Cyril Richardson is a really good guard and Donald had his way with him. That's saying something. There's a tight end on Notre Dame that's starting to get a lot of attention. I can't remember his name. Anyway, I'd love to get a great talent at the tight end position. That would help Tannehill as much as improving the offensive line.

Back
Top Bottom