Ron Wolf | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ron Wolf

Spegg

Section 429 Row 17
Reaction score
I don't care what it takes.

HIRE RON WOLF

Give him total control. He may be able to bring Holmgren in too.
If we are gonna make changes they have to be major changes.

I dont know who the hell this is. But we need a lot of knew changes. We should have drafted Stephen Jackson. That would have been nice. Unless Carey does something worth while.

THAT WOULD BE THE MOST MOVE THIS FRANCHISE TAKES SINCE 83 DRAFT!!!! I'VE SAID THIS IN NUMEROUS POSTS..ALONG WITH TED COTTRELL.

Yes that was in bold for a reason:-)

Every single OL that was drafted in the past 3 years started as a rookie, except George Foster for the Broncos and Vernon Carey for the Dolphins.

Foster, by the way, is the subject of much criticism after his unnecessary chop block during the Bengals game. Apparently, Foster needed an entire year to learn the Bronco's chopblocking schemes! :D

Foster is doing fairly well (read: Ok, not horrible) for the Broncos, so there's some hope for Carey, I suppose.

dont have a linky....but just within the last week he said he has zero interest in joining Dolphins.

Ron Wolf, who chose not to pursue a chance to run the Dolphins' football operations last season, said Monday that he plans to remain retired and not pursue the franchise's upcoming vacancy at president following Eddie Jones' retirement.

Wolf, who rebuilt the Green Bay Packers while serving as general manager from 1991 to 2001 before retiring, did speak with the Dolphins about a consulting position that never panned out.

Asked whether he had spoken with the Dolphins about an upcoming job opportunity, Wolf said, "I have not and I don't think I will. I went down there to explore things being part-time. They didn't really have interest, and I can't imagine them having interest now."

Wolf also disagreed with a longstanding belief that he could have become Dolphins president last year. "It wasn't like that," he said.

NFL executive Jim Steeg, who spoke with owner H. Wayne Huizenga about the presidency in September, is out of the running after being announced Monday as San Diego's executive vice president and chief operating officer.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-dolnotes16nov16,0,5093469.story?coll=sfla-sports-headlines

Don't want Wolf as long term GM, but not a bad guy for Wayne to bounce things off of. Maybe he can recommend somebody, or at least provide Wayne with some idea of how to structure a franchise, something Wayne obviously has failed at.

CrunchTime said:
Ron Wolf, who chose not to pursue a chance to run the Dolphins' football operations last season, said Monday that he plans to remain retired and not pursue the franchise's upcoming vacancy at president following Eddie Jones' retirement.

Wolf, who rebuilt the Green Bay Packers while serving as general manager from 1991 to 2001 before retiring, did speak with the Dolphins about a consulting position that never panned out.

Asked whether he had spoken with the Dolphins about an upcoming job opportunity, Wolf said, "I have not and I don't think I will. I went down there to explore things being part-time. They didn't really have interest, and I can't imagine them having interest now."

Wolf also disagreed with a longstanding belief that he could have become Dolphins president last year. "It wasn't like that," he said.

NFL executive Jim Steeg, who spoke with owner H. Wayne Huizenga about the presidency in September, is out of the running after being announced Monday as San Diego's executive vice president and chief operating officer.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-dolnotes16nov16,0,5093469.story?coll=sfla-sports-headlines
Jim Steeg was brought in to try to get the Chargers a new stadium deal. If the Chargers keep winning then it may happen, but if they turn south again, it will be very hard to get a new stadium!

Fin Fan in Cali said:
Jim Steeg was brought in to try to get the Chargers a new stadium deal. If the Chargers keep winning then it may happen, but if they turn south again, it will be very hard to get a new stadium!
I am kind of glad Steeg did not get the job to replace Jones.They have similar characteristics and was not going to help us get a top notch HC very much.

phinman1 said:
Don't want Wolf as long term GM, but not a bad guy for Wayne to bounce things off of. Maybe he can recommend somebody, or at least provide Wayne with some idea of how to structure a franchise, something Wayne obviously has failed at.

wasnt it Wolf that said why look outside when we have the guy inside the organization last yr during the time we was interviewing ppl for the GM job?

I don't think Ron Wolf should be anywhere near the Dolphins, while he was still employed by Green Bay, he actually said he didn't think that Dan Marino deserved to be in the hall of fame. His reason was the Dolphins didn't win a Super Bowl with Marino, this guy doesn't even seem to realize that football is a team sport, or perhaps he hasn't reviewed Marino's career stats.

Steeg is a big time player. I dealt with him a couple of times during 98 Bowl in SD. On top of having Fabiani, and in addition of Steeg, I have a feeling they might just be able to pull it off. Our city council is quite funny, everything they had asked for, the Bolts said ok...oh heck, dont want to get started with it...I love my city, but my council is questionable.

Did you guys know that we might have a write in candidate for mayor? Besides the aestethic (sp) of her face, she is a wack job. She stated last year while serving on the council, "why do we need a new stadium, do you know how many bathrooms we can install at the beach with that kind of money?" I never thought the pot smoking, hippie, stoner crowd vote would be so critical..AMAZING.

Back
Top Bottom