Ronnie's Performance?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Agent51, Aug 28, 2005.

1. Agent51

Agent51 A True Fan

The game wasn't shown here and I missed the halftime show of the game that WAS shown, and all I saw on sportscenter was Ricky's good performance and Ronnie's fumble, aside from the fumble, how did Ronnie look?

2. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips Ready for Henne.

for his first NFL experience, he was good. Powerfuls a good word.

3. Agent51

Agent51 A True Fan

Nice, thanks. I saw his power on the funble play, that was a HUGE collision, I don't even think he fumbled from the hit, it just looked like when he was turning and falling onto his back someone just grabbed it and ripped it out.

4. CitizenSnips

fumbles are part of the game. so is being nervous, being anxious, and wanting to prove why you were worthy of a #2 pick. Ronnie had a lot on his mind if you ask me. I'm going to blame it on nerves right now.

5. jason_taylor

jason_taylor Pro Bowler

pretty good and cocky:evil:

6. FinNasty

FinNasty "The Sticker Dunk"

He was also going against the #5 overall pick running back who was his teammate in college...

7. FinNasty

He followed his blockers very well and had a sweet hurdle over a defender to gain an additional few yards... Shows great second effort...

Nasty

8. CitizenSnips

and everyone says carnells better, so thats more pressure. Man, now that i think about it if i was ronnie i would have been scared s***less, 28 yards was pretty damn good with that on your mind IMO.

9. fint0xicated

fint0xicated My Son, The Future Classic....

Also had a couple of nice blocks in the backfield ...

10. Agent51

Agent51 A True Fan

DAMN, all this sounds like he is so BADA$$, Makes me PI$$ED that I will basically get to see NO games on TV this year, cept when they play the local team

11. burger13

burger13 FinHeaven VIP

Where are you that you can't see any games??? Profile says you're 21, so you should be able to see every game at the local bar. :xii:

12. Predaphin

Predaphin Predator in the Water

his overall perfomrance was average...he showed he has power though....he fumbled once.

13. Drfletcherdc

Drfletcherdc A True Fan

He had two decent runs. The first one, he showed patience and follow his blockers up field for about 7 yards and the second one he leaped over a defender for about 6 yards. I would like to see him in open field and see his speed. The fumble was a tough helmet hit right on the ball. No one ripped it out, it was just a great play on the defender. I did notice however, that he might need to cover the ball up when he is going through the line of scrimmage. He has a tendency to put his arm in the back of his blockers and run off of them.

14. poornate

poornate We may die, but our actions are immortal

he looked strong and fast....not a ton of production. Much like what you would expect. Fumble wasn't really a fault thing. ball got popped.

15. FinaticPatch

FinaticPatch Pro Bowler

Great play to bad we had a holding call to bring that back.

16. Nicky Napoleon

Nicky Napoleon We'll Miss You Nubs

Ronnie looked pretty good, he had a few nice gains showed some good power and patience. He did fumble but it was just a great hit by the defender.(got his helmet right on the ball) He had a few plays where he was in the backfield doing a very good job of picking up the blitz.

17. FinNasty

Ya... He blocked VERY well in the backfield! Seemed to always find the blitzer.

Nasty

18. FinsNCanes

FinsNCanes 9-7

I think he only got the ball like 6 times so you can't tell a whole lot from that. Overall though it was pretty decent considering he's only been in camp like 2 weeks and probably isn't completely up to game speed. He made yards out of nothing (so that's a big positive) because I know Bucs fans are gonna say how much Williams is better cause he ripped off that one nice run where nobody was around. Didn't get to see his hands at all, but good blocking with the blitz pick up. By the way..who else loves that FB dive pitch to the RB play?

19. FinNasty

Ya... that was awesome... I hope to see lots of that this year...

20. Nicky Napoleon

Nicky Napoleon We'll Miss You Nubs

I would like to see both Ronnie and (He who shall not be named) when they run that play.

21. PhiNomina

PhiNomina FinHeaven VIP

I thought Ronnie looked really fast. Maybe not so much in the field but hitting the line - once he got the ball he was through the line in a heartbeat. AND he was JACKED UP for that game - you could tell he was fired up.

22. djfresh47

djfresh47 R.I.P. djfresh47

I think he looked good, his numbers weren't huge, but he still played well. He fumbled, but every RB is gonna fumble once in awhile, i'd rather have him do it in the preseason than the regular season. From watching him on 6 carries, which is not enough, I think he's going to be the type of back where he gets better with every carry he gets. I don't know if he'll get the amount of touches this season, especially if Ricky continues to impress, it'll take for him to be an instant star. With 20-25 carries I think he's much more effective, than say 10-15.

23. bakedmatt

bakedmatt I drink your milkshake!

if sam madison wasn't such a bone head on the run defense last night, carnell would have had miserable numbers.

24. PhinBeck

PhinBeck Perennial All-Pro

NFL Ticket my man, never leave home w/o it! I used to go to a bar every Sunday that had it, and had one of those bid arse dishes before all this Sunday Ticket and he got the Miami feed. I live in Ohio and havent missed a phin game (because of TV) in 18 years.