Rookie guard Isaac Asiata on Joe Rose show | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rookie guard Isaac Asiata on Joe Rose show

Awesome. I can't wait to see that slobber-knocker in action. It's about time we got a strong physical guard in here. He may sound gentle off the field ... but he's a bull in a china shop on the field.

Always comes across as a great guy.

Lets hope he can beat out Larsen at LG and lock down that slot for years to come

Bokamper said he was struggling. He said Asiata told him as well.

Said Steen added weight and got stronger.

Sooo, it's a little early to annoint Asiata as the Defacto starter.

Bokamper said he was struggling. He said Asiata told him as well.

Said Steen added weight and got stronger.

Sooo, it's a little early to annoint Asiata as the Defacto starter.

A rookie guard struggleing in the 4th and 5th OTA where they don't wear pads, this is shocking news, Bokamper. He later reported rain is wet.

I am not of the group of very optimistic fans on this forum who think this 5th round pick is going to save our oline from day 1. I do like Isaac, and am hopeful we got another steal In the 5th round, and eventually wins a starting job. I also don't like putting the cart before the horse, and realize Isaac is competeing with Ubrick and Steen for the back up role long before he is pushing Larson and Bushrod. Beyond all of that I know I wouldn't judge a guard before he puts on pads.

I wouldn't overlook Steen. He played well his 1st few starts, then he played injured. He was limited due to injury, but as he stated, he was afraid to complain because he felt his roster spot was not secure.
He played through pain for most of his starts.

A rookie guard struggleing in the 4th and 5th OTA where they don't wear pads, this is shocking news, Bokamper. He later reported rain is wet.

I am not of the group of very optimistic fans on this forum who think this 5th round pick is going to save our oline from day 1. I do like Isaac, and am hopeful we got another steal In the 5th round, and eventually wins a starting job. I also don't like putting the cart before the horse, and realize Isaac is competeing with Ubrick and Steen for the back up role long before he is pushing Larson and Bushrod. Beyond all of that I know I wouldn't judge a guard before he puts on pads.

It wasn't a pass protection issue... He was said to have been "bent backwards", which is strictly power.

Putting on pads won't stop that from happening. He's got some adjustments to make. May take some time is all...

I don't get it....These are non-contact drills so how is any linemen actually getting beat?

• Phase 1: Players can undergo strength and conditioning, rehabilitation from injuries and nothing else during this period. This phase lasts two weeks.

• Phase 2: On-field instruction and drills are allowed, but contact is not permitted and offensive and defensive players cannot be pitted against one another in drills. This phase lasts three weeks.

• Phase 3: Teams are permitted 10 days of OTAs. Again, contact isn't allowed but seven-on-seven, nine-on-seven and 11-on-11 drills are allowed. This phase lasts four weeks, and teams are also allowed to hold a mandatory veteran minicamp during this time.
Miami Dolphins

Report: April 17; Rookie Minicamp: May 5-7; OTA Offseason Workouts: May 23-25, May 30-31, June 1, June 5-8; Mandatory Minicamp: June 13-15

I wouldn't overlook Steen. He played well his 1st few starts, then he played injured. He was limited due to injury, but as he stated, he was afraid to complain because he felt his roster spot was not secure.
He played through pain for most of his starts.

I agree.

I think Steen has a ton of upside and is obviously very versatile.

I could see him holding down the RG spot next year.

We don't need pro bowl guards.

We need guys like Steen to step up. If that happens, we'll be a serious contender.

Thankfully, both our tackle spots are set

Awesome. I can't wait to see that slobber-knocker in action. It's about time we got a strong physical guard in here. He may sound gentle off the field ... but he's a bull in a china shop on the field.

Agreed...liked this draft pick a lot, he's a bit nasty. Asiata gonna eat some faces and gouge some eyes. #pregamebathsalts

Back
Top Bottom