Rosenhaus convincing Ricky to play next season, Ricky current starter at running back | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosenhaus convincing Ricky to play next season, Ricky current starter at running back

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
Rosenhaus also represents running back Ricky Williams. While the agent is not keen on discussing Williams, it is no secret he is advising Williams to play at least one more year after his current contract runs out after 2010.

Williams, 33, gained over 1,000-yards last season in what was something of a renaissance year for him. He is currently the Dolphins starter at running back because he's played well and Ronnie Brown is coming off lisfranc surgery.

Williams originally was planning on retiring after 2010. But the running back apparently is rethinking that and listening to Rosenhaus. He is now non-commital about playing beyond 2010.

"It'll depend on what kind of season he has and how his body holds up," Rosenhaus said optimistically.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/

Last edited by a moderator:
Ricky is the perfect compliment to Ronnie Brown . . . Ronnie is the starter if healthy, no question. I hope Ricky stays as long as Ronnie is here, but once Ronnie leaves (if he leaves) I think Ricky is done with football. Can he be a starter, definitely, a starter on ALOT of teams . . . . but does he have that passion? Nah.

Hmmm a agent trying to get his client to play for a extra season... I wonder if it is the ol' $$$$$$$, that Rosenhaus is looking at... I would be willing to bet that it is... He does not care about his clients... His only concern is his wallet...

There is not one bit of drop off with Ricky at runningback and in reality he outperformed anything that Ronnie ever did in his career so I have no problem with him as our starter, maybe coming off the bench Ronnie can stay healthy

There is not one bit of drop off with Ricky at runningback and in reality he outperformed anything that Ronnie ever did in his career so I have no problem with him as our starter, maybe coming off the bench Ronnie can stay healthy

I think they need each other - or some complementary back. Each player looks great getting 20 carries for about four weeks. Then, they break down - Ronnie with injury, Ricky in production. I'm hoping that Sheets can give us some good production this season - as Hilliard is altogether unimpressive to me.

Ricky is the perfect compliment to Ronnie Brown . . . Ronnie is the starter if healthy, no question. I hope Ricky stays as long as Ronnie is here, but once Ronnie leaves (if he leaves) I think Ricky is done with football. Can he be a starter, definitely, a starter on ALOT of teams . . . . but does he have that passion? Nah.

I guess you didnt see his 30 on 30

I agree with you Dlockz, I think Ricky should try being the starting runningback, it might give Ronnie a better chance at staying healthy.

It will be time for the organization to move on with other options at RB, unless he plays for the cheap I really don't think that will happen

Ricky as the starter...not sure if that's any indication there would be less wildcat...probably not because it's just a personnel package they use. I will say that Ronnie is a much better receiver out of the backfield than Ricky is so while Ricky is a better running back we lose the other dimension Ronnie brings.

In all honesty I'm sort of ready to move on from both of those guys. I wouldn't mind keeping one as a backup but we need a good, solid, all around RB that doesn't get injured every single season and doesn't smoke weed in the offseason. A reliable power back with some speed would be ideal. Mark Ingram, Ryan Williams and Evan Royster are 3 guys that come to mind.

I saw someone on Twitter tell him he should play until he's 34 years old just like his number and he replied something like I like your logic. He's definitely thinking he wants to play again in 2011.

The things to take from it are: 1) Can't know if he'll play in 2011 until you see how his body holds up in 2010, 2) The fact that he's feeling so good about 2011 REALLY shows you how he's feeling heading into 2010, which is a good thing.

we might not even have football in 2011. If that's the case.... this season may be the last we see of good ol' #34.

If anything that the 30 for 30 interview showed me about Ricky is he's finally playing football cause he wants to and not for the money or b/c it was expected of him. No matter how long he plays, I hope he retires a Phin and in next years draft we pick up a RB with the 32nd pick

Back
Top Bottom