Rosenhaus convincing Ricky to play next season, Ricky current starter at running back

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by FinAtic8480, May 20, 2010.

1. FinAtic8480

FinAtic8480 A True Fan

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2010
  2. Blackcreekbandit

Blackcreekbandit Drunk Finheaven VIP Donator

run ricky run

3. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 The D will RushYa, Like Moscow Donator

Ricky is the perfect compliment to Ronnie Brown . . . Ronnie is the starter if healthy, no question. I hope Ricky stays as long as Ronnie is here, but once Ronnie leaves (if he leaves) I think Ricky is done with football. Can he be a starter, definitely, a starter on ALOT of teams . . . . but does he have that passion? Nah.

4. DphinBillkiller

DphinBillkiller Touchdown

Ricky still has some gas left in the tank.
    He may be a step slower but he's a wise veteran and still a powerful running back.

5. Cali Finfan

Cali Finfan A True Fan

Hmmm a agent trying to get his client to play for a extra season... I wonder if it is the ol' $$$$$$$, that Rosenhaus is looking at... I would be willing to bet that it is... He does not care about his clients... His only concern is his wallet...

6. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

There is not one bit of drop off with Ricky at runningback and in reality he outperformed anything that Ronnie ever did in his career so I have no problem with him as our starter, maybe coming off the bench Ronnie can stay healthy

7. j-off-her-doll

j-off-her-doll FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

I think they need each other - or some complementary back. Each player looks great getting 20 carries for about four weeks. Then, they break down - Ronnie with injury, Ricky in production. I'm hoping that Sheets can give us some good production this season - as Hilliard is altogether unimpressive to me.

8. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero Donator

I guess you didnt see his 30 on 30

9. XxfeensterxX

XxfeensterxX FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

I agree with you Dlockz, I think Ricky should try being the starting runningback, it might give Ronnie a better chance at staying healthy.

10. Krush

Krush Finaholic Donator

It will be time for the organization to move on with other options at RB, unless he plays for the cheap I really don't think that will happen

11. datruth55

datruth55 Starter

Ricky as the starter...not sure if that's any indication there would be less wildcat...probably not because it's just a personnel package they use. I will say that Ronnie is a much better receiver out of the backfield than Ricky is so while Ricky is a better running back we lose the other dimension Ronnie brings.

In all honesty I'm sort of ready to move on from both of those guys. I wouldn't mind keeping one as a backup but we need a good, solid, all around RB that doesn't get injured every single season and doesn't smoke weed in the offseason. A reliable power back with some speed would be ideal. Mark Ingram, Ryan Williams and Evan Royster are 3 guys that come to mind.

12. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Premium Member

I saw someone on Twitter tell him he should play until he's 34 years old just like his number and he replied something like I like your logic. He's definitely thinking he wants to play again in 2011.

The things to take from it are: 1) Can't know if he'll play in 2011 until you see how his body holds up in 2010, 2) The fact that he's feeling so good about 2011 REALLY shows you how he's feeling heading into 2010, which is a good thing.

13. SabanHater

SabanHater ***** in the House!

we might not even have football in 2011. If that's the case.... this season may be the last we see of good ol' #34.

14. Aqua and Orange

Aqua and Orange Poster With A Porpoise Finheaven VIP Donator

Everyone loves Ricky and we'd be lucky if he played a number of more years and retired a Phin.

15. jree

jree A True Fan

If anything that the 30 for 30 interview showed me about Ricky is he's finally playing football cause he wants to and not for the money or b/c it was expected of him. No matter how long he plays, I hope he retires a Phin and in next years draft we pick up a RB with the 32nd pick

16. GroundZero

GroundZero Active Member

Reading that is going to keep me up at night. With Henne's style, Marshall coming in, athe Ronnie and Ricky possibly both in there last season in Miami I have nightmare about I becoming one of those pass happy 70/30 pass run teams. Please Mr. Parcells don't do that to me!!!!