Ross and Ireland all smiles after free agency haul | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ross and Ireland all smiles after free agency haul

fishfanmiami

Let's go Dolphins
Administrator
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
130318_RossIreland_zps67ca5f6c-1.jpg

http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/a...ent-Haul/3752e90b-fba4-4771-abc3-a0c02d3eac99

“We certainly think we are (better). We’ve made some really great moves to get younger, get faster, get more explosive and get more physical, so I think some of the moves that we’ve made are certainly upgrades in what we’re trying to get accomplished offensively and defensively. It’s a combination of free agency, other player acquisition time periods and obviously the draft.”

Sounds good to me. Seems like they have a plan and are sticking to it.

So far so good with the rest of FA and the draft exciting Fins football to look forward to.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Ross is coming in to his own as an owner...

he can probably already smell all those new millions that will follow a revamped stadium :chuckle:

I never thought I'd see the day inside the Dolphins organization where they would be the team that I believe executed a damn near flawless offseason. Never thought I'd see it...

..but they've managed to achieve nearly exactly that. The combination of guys they got rid of, combined with the way they attacked free agency added up to almost mirror what I would consider a perfect offseason. The only thing that would've made it perfect up to this point would've been adding John Abraham and Eric Winston.

As always, it's going to be up to the front office to complete the task by having a sound strategy heading into the draft, and plucking TALENT at cornerstone positions. Loaded with 11 picks, and the draft being deep at precisely all of the positions where Miami's most pressing needs are... it's going to be hard for even Ireland to screw this one up.

Believe it or not, the Dolphins should feel very good about where they're at because it's going to be awful difficult for it not to get even better a little over a month from now.

I never thought I'd see the day inside the Dolphins organization where they would be the team that I believe executed a damn near flawless offseason. Never thought I'd see it...

..but they've managed to achieve nearly exactly that. The combination of guys they got rid of, combined with the way they attacked free agency added up to almost mirror what I would consider a perfect offseason. The only thing that would've made it perfect up to this point would've been adding John Abraham and Eric Winston.

As always, it's going to be up to the front office to complete the task by having a sound strategy heading into the draft, and plucking TALENT at cornerstone positions. Loaded with 11 picks, and the draft being deep at precisely all of the positions where Miami's most pressing needs are... it's going to be hard for even Ireland to screw this one up.

Believe it or not, the Dolphins should feel very good about where they're at because it's going to be awful difficult for it not to get even better a little over a month from now.

This post nearly brought tears to my eyes.

lol

Mistake not trying to re-sign Reggie for a 2 year deal at the amt $ he got in Detroit and then using him more as a receiver IMO. Beyond that though, Ireland has not undergone a magical transformation - he's more like re-moldable clay from the Rancid Tuna's archaic philosphy (all he's ever known) to submitting to our most promising (in a long time) HC's vision. Whether it's on Jeff's own volition or Ross's edict, you can definitely see Philbin's fingerprints on all these moves.

The only thing that would've made it perfect up to this point would've been adding John Abraham and Eric Winston.

I don't think there's any question we're going to address OT and DE in free agency. I'm almost certain we'll sign one of Vollmer or Winston, and we're interested in Osi. They've even alluded to that much that they're not done. This would leave us a plethora of talent at CB to choose from in the draft, and then go BPA from that point on.

...oh, and F your avatar and sig with an AIDS chainsaw.

A new direction that is almost opposite of the Parcells "big uns" philosophy. Looks like they threw away the height and weight requirements for positions and now are after young , fast , play makers.TD's and turnovers are what we are after now and it's about time.

High praise indeed!

I feel similarly but I would like a CB and tackle. Im a little disapointed about not picking up a CB like Lewis or Cox as they went for reasonable prices.. and it would have been nice if we had got Cook but well its not Irelands fault he wanted silly money.

The unmistakable first sign that spring ball is here at last. Good luck down on the bayou this year.

You need to teach some of your Bama brethren a tad of that humility. And Les needs to stop doing the Harlem shake and focus on getting this offense straight. (Excited about Cam though)

I'll probably subject myself to ridicule and make the trip to Tuscaloosa again in November. I just can't stay away. Let me know if you're going.

:end hijack:

Go Fins

Beautiful. I'm smiling too lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why in the hell are we done? CB and T please. Then we can call this the most complete FA period of our franchise's history.

Back
Top Bottom