Ross donates $200 million to University of Michigan | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ross donates $200 million to University of Michigan

Im not going to fault him for giving money to Michigan but also am not gonna say hand him a bunch of money to fix his stadium.

Im not going to fault him for giving money to Michigan but also am not gonna say hand him a bunch of money to fix his stadium.

I knew you would say something negative about a charitable donation

I knew you would say something negative about a charitable donation

Do u have reading comprehension issues? I said I wouldnt fault him for giving money to michigan and I have always maintained that we the tax payer should not pay for his stadium.

Please explain how I said anything bad about his donation.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/09/04/3604969/miami-dolphins-owner-stephen-ross.html

This is the same guy who said he needed county money to make improvements to the stadium his team plays in.:err:
The difference is that the NFL owners have a pool of money they donate to yearly. NFL owners are allowed to draw from this money to improve stadiums...up to $200 million interest free IIRC...but the money is only available if the stadium gets public funding...whether it's a new stadium or an upgrade.

Of course jealous people can't see past the dollar signs someone else has to think of the business sense.

The difference is that the NFL owners have a pool of money they donate to yearly. NFL owners are allowed to draw from this money to improve stadiums...up to $200 million interest free IIRC...but the money is only available if the stadium gets public funding...whether it's a new stadium or an upgrade.

Of course jealous people can't see past the dollar signs someone else has to think of the business sense.

The NFL should be making a pool to give their own owners money for improvements period shoudl not be tied to public money.

Ross doesn't even want Sun Life, he tried giving it away to the city and they wouldn't take it. He doesn't want to renovate that dump but he's stuck with it. I'm sure the thought of building a new stadium has crossed his mind but land isn't cheap here, he can't even demolish the stadium and build a new stadium on that land because there's this lease with the Hurricanes.

Ross doesn't even want Sun Life, he tried giving it away to the city and they wouldn't take it. He doesn't want to renovate that dump but he's stuck with it. I'm sure the thought of building a new stadium has crossed his mind but land isn't cheap here, he can't even demolish the stadium and build a new stadium on that land because there's this lease with the Hurricanes.

When did he try to give away the stadium? I think u are misinterpreting something he said.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/09/04/3604969/miami-dolphins-owner-stephen-ross.html

This is the same guy who said he needed county money to make improvements to the stadium his team plays in.:err:

Same guy who recognizes his "company" (Miami Dolphins Football Team) generates billions in state and local sales tax and tourism revenue....

Can't blame the guy for trying to get the city to help fund a stadium which in return will generate large amounts of tax money for the state.

Basic economics, help me help you. Not sure why everyone looks at this deal like Ross is trying to scam the city ala Marlins style.

KInd of funny the guy that was so quick to claim I said something bad about a charitable donation. Which even the simplest of simpletons could see I didnt. Gives me a thumbs down for calling him out on it.

Back
Top Bottom