Ross leaning toward keeping Sparano / Ireland if they continue to win? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ross leaning toward keeping Sparano / Ireland if they continue to win?

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Did anyone else catch Ross in the booth grinning from ear to ear after the Burnett INT return? I seriously think he will keep Ireland for sure, and might keep Sparano if he can be convinced that the early season woes were due to hamstring injuries and a shortened offseason. If nothing else, these blowout wins against contenders shows that the team is still fighting for the coach.

I am torn on the whole thing because I think Sparano is a decent coach, but limited. I think at this point its obvious that he can't get his team to win close games consistently. He seems to panic a bit when the games are too close. This is important if we ever hope to win a playoff game.

On the other hand, I also believe there is enough talent here not to go installing a completely different system and blowing up the whole thing by bringing in a regime that may have different philosophies.

It will be a tough call by Ross. And either way, half the fanbase will hate him for his decision.

Has Ross ever said he was getting rid of Tony or Jeff? It will be a tough decision either way for him and fans.

I mean, unless THE GUY is sitting there waiting for us to take him as coach (a Gruden, Cowher, Fisher type), are we really all for change for the sake of change? I wanted Tony's head as much as anyone, and if the season continued the way it started, change for change's sake would be good. I'm not saying I want Tony to stay, I'm just saying, what is the better option here?

[video=youtube;6CPwOOK4nEM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CPwOOK4nEM[/video]

Ross=Brick,if he keeps Sparano & co.

We wanted two things, Luck and Tony fired. We lost out on Luck. And if we keep Tony? Oh, man..Anything is possible with this soap opera, haha.

Yep...my worst nightmare coming to fruition. Wonderful. Can wait for Sparano to blow a game or two every year and lose us close playoff games. Its gonna be great.

He does not come back, fellas. Ross is going to put his imprint on the team.

Tony should be commended for keeping the team focused and playing hard, but he is done.

He does not come back, fellas. Ross is going to put his imprint on the team.

Tony should be commended for keeping the team focused and playing hard, but he is done.
You are probably right, but the decision for Ross is much tougher than it was a month ago.

You are probably right, but the decision for Ross is much tougher than it was a month ago.

Yup. I look at it as props to Tony for playing hard and showing progress.

You know, Nubs, I said to my wife tonight, I wonder what Tony's regrets are as he drives home? He will never admit to having any, but it is human nature.

Fun fact. In his first three years(2008-2010) Sparano had beaten the opponent by 11+ points a total of four times. He has won four of the past five games this season by 11+ points. Impressive.

It is definately a lot tougher than it was a month ago.... A new HC / GM is definately going to want to bring in a lot of their guys ...which means cutting a lot of the current guys ( players and coaches) which means the owner will need to spend a lot of money without possibility of return on investment. I am sure Ross wants to win as that is the ultimate way for him to improve the value of his investment.... but is changing coaches really the correct action now ?
Like Ireland... Sparano is just getting his first chance to do things his way without Parcells oversight..
Who knows... with Parcell's wlking out like he did... it kind of leaves a number of questions about ..philosophy as to how much was his.. and how much did the current guys agree with it after a year or so..

Back
Top Bottom