Ross leaning toward keeping Sparano / Ireland if they continue to win? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ross leaning toward keeping Sparano / Ireland if they continue to win?

If Sparano is the coach the next year.. I think I will go on vacation as its hard watching the team play with this fist pumping moron on the sidelines!!!

If we win 3 of the next 4(very possible), I think Ross will keep Sparano/ Ireland. That means the team will finish 7-2 after a 0-7 start.
IMHO, Ross will keep the regime intact for another season. The players like Tony, the team is now on a roll. Why would he risk blowing it up? I think in his mind, a 7-9 season(closing strong) will be good enough to give him a reason to give Tony another shot.
Frankly, I have nothing to say about it. It is Ross's call. At this point, I will just enjoy today's win.
Like the game commentators said, the team is playing like they are 8-3, not 3-8.
I think we will be able to get RGIII in the middle of the first round, or perhaps upgrade the safety position?

He does not come back, fellas. Ross is going to put his imprint on the team.

Tony should be commended for keeping the team focused and playing hard, but he is done.

This is kind of my thought but who knows maybe Tony and Jeff will convince Ross that their early season woes were due to the lockout and to give them another shot we will have to wait and see but one thing is for sure if Ross decides to keep them and they come out next year like they came out this year the fan base will turn to a lynching mob...

I am so tired of the fist pumping thing... seems to be over-blown... and watching him on the sidelines this year... not really seeing it after FGs..It's good to have a coach with some emotion.. and not acting like a bafoon in the media.

Yep...my worst nightmare coming to fruition. Wonderful. Can wait for Sparano to blow a game or two every year and lose us close playoff games. Its gonna be great.
At his best he'll pull 9 or 10 wins and back into the playoffs (and immediately get ejected). That's 9-10 awesome Sundays per year! It's going to be awesomely mediocre!

Sparano and Ireland being retained would be completely undeserved, and further anger and alienate an already irritated fanbase that already refuses to buy tickets.

SOMEONE on Ross' staff HAS to realize this. We can only hope.

I really think the seat is cooling on Sparano. People say they wont cheer for the Dolphins if Sparano is kept, the thing is if Ross keeps him it would be under the conditions that he draft an exciting QB prospect. Getting that new young exciting QB prospect I think would be enough to put butts in the seats for one more year see how Sparano does one more time. I think Sparano should go like many others but I can see reasons to want to keep him for another year as well. If the Fins keep winning it is going to be a tough call like it or not it isnt as OVER as many seem to think.

I'm all for keeping Ireland soley based off his past offseason. He brought in alot of talent and a pretty damn good draft.

clear.gif

whats the point of posting an empty stadium? i bet if you had a shot of AA Arena it would be half full as well even with Lebron and D-Wade, Miami is not really a sports town too much stuff to do.

Sheesh even when we made the playoffs in 08' we could not even sell out the stadium so its nothing new no matter who or what coach we have.

I probably was the biggest opponent of Sparano and Ross early in the season. But I begin to think that the Dolphins were chained by a bad QB. Since Moore found his groove and got more familiar with this offense the team is playing lights out even looking exciting in a loss (Dallas). The D woke up, the O woke up and even special teams picked it up a notch.

It feels like a huge weight came of the shoulders of an entire team when our offense suddenly showed life. Is everything perfect? Heck no but it looks to me like the team keeps on growing every week.

The biggest mistake I put on Sparano's shoulders now is that he was hung up on Henne. I am not sure why. Was it because Henne was a 2nd rounder? Was it that Ireland (essentially Sparano's boss) was trying to force Henne down our throats? Henne was his choice after all. Or were they just hoping that Henne will eventually become an NFL QB?
Or was Sparano just being to nice? We all heard how dedicated he is to his players and how forgiving he is.

Sparano is probably wondering like everybody else what if Moore had a fair chance in the shortened offseason? Or what if they would have given more snaps in practice with the first teamers to Moore?

If the Dolphins go .500 the rest of the way Ross will give Sparano another look. A 6-3 finish would give Sparano a fair shot.
With a 7-2 or 8-1 finish he'll give Sparano another year. And I can't blame him.

whats the point of posting an empty stadium? i bet if you had a shot of AA Arena it would be half full as well even with Lebron and D-Wade, Miami is not really a sports town too much stuff to do.

Sheesh even when we made the playoffs in 08' we could not even sell out the stadium so its nothing new no matter who or what coach we have.

My point is most of the fan base doesn't want Sparano here next year. Ross is a good business man; he knows this.

Back
Top Bottom