Ross leaning toward keeping Sparano / Ireland if they continue to win? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ross leaning toward keeping Sparano / Ireland if they continue to win?

He didn't have to say anything.

Yeah, because that wouldn't cause all kinds of negative publicity. Ross was asked a question I'm sure and he responded with the right answer.

It would be a huge mistake if Sparano was brought back. Don't forget the 0-7 start, thats on him too.

Assuming they lose at least one more game, that would be 3 straight 7-9 or worse seasons. Thats not going t cut it.

I like Tony as a person, I really do, but the bottom line is you really can't have losing seasons 3 straight years in the NFL and not get fired, particularly when your team has expectations. Sparano has been a pretty awful coach for the most part, but the one thing he can pride himself on is the fact that the team has not and will not quit on him. Pretty amazing he's been able to keep it together even after the disaster to start the season. That's really the only case that can be made for him, and I don't think it's enough to save him.

At this point, I kinda think you have to make a change regardless of whether or not we win out. Fact is you don't just start 0-7 because you had a string of bad luck. Coaching played a big part in that and that probably cost us a chance to still be in the hunt at this point.

Fun fact. In his first three years(2008-2010) Sparano had beaten the opponent by 11+ points a total of four times. He has won four of the past five games this season by 11+ points. Impressive.

I think it shows that Tony is coming into his own. Without having Parcells breathing over his shoulder, he's starting to embrace some small changes from the archaic Parcells philosophy

clear.gif

C'mon you're a fan of all the Miami teams, you know noone goes to sporting events out there...even if the team is doing well, they still don't show up until halftime.

Ross has to realize this, no matter what the fans aren't going to come to the games. Might as well keep this thing together, go for a Super Bowl, and he can make his money growing a national fan base behind a great team coached by one of the best iin the league, Tony Sparano.

C'mon you're a fan of all the Miami teams, you know noone goes to sporting events out there...even if the team is doing well, they still don't show up until halftime.

Ross has to realize this, no matter what the fans aren't going to come to the games. Might as well keep this thing together, go for a Super Bowl, and he can make his money growing a national fan base behind a great team coached by one of the best iin the league, Tony Sparano.

Winning brings the fans. We've been mediocre for a long time. It's understandable. Most fans don't like Sparano. I respect your opinion, but I think Ross knows he needs to get the fans excited again. Every other Miami team is bringing in a good attendance because they have bright futures and are winning.

Winning brings the fans. We've been mediocre for a long time. It's understandable. Most fans don't like Sparano. I respect your opinion, but I think Ross knows he needs to get the fans excited again. Every other Miami team is bringing in a good attendance because they have bright futures and are winning.

C'mon? Are you serious?

Marlins games are laughable

I see nearly as much if not more empty seats for "The U"
and even though the Heat were the most exciting team in the NBA last year, there would be tons of empty seats throughout most of the first half, and when you were in the finals the opposing teams fans took over your building...a fan base (Dallas Mavs) that isn't really known for 'travelling well'.

I mean if you are a realist, you can see that.

I don't mean this as a slight to the city of Miami either. Hell I love the city, I love the Dolphins, I love South Beach, I love every time I visit Miami.

But one thing Miami lacks is a real strong supportive fan base.

We can agree to disagree on this one because you likely have a small case of cognitive dissonance and city pride, which is totally understandable.

With every meaningless win, Sparano and Ireland keeping their jobs becomes more likely. What a ****ed up situation we're in. As he showed in the offseason, Ross just wants an excuse not to have to make hard choices. Another 7-9 season was a much worse possible scenario than 2 or 3 wins. Bleh.

C'mon? Are you serious?

Marlins games are laughable

I see nearly as much if not more empty seats for "The U"
and even though the Heat were the most exciting team in the NBA last year, there would be tons of empty seats throughout most of the first half, and when you were in the finals the opposing teams fans took over your building...a fan base (Dallas Mavs) that isn't really known for 'travelling well'.

I mean if you are a realist, you can see that.

I don't mean this as a slight to the city of Miami either. Hell I love the city, I love the Dolphins, I love South Beach, I love every time I visit Miami.

But one thing Miami lacks is a real strong supportive fan base.

We can agree to disagree on this one because you likely have a small case of cognitive dissonance and city pride, which is totally understandable.

When they are winning, places are rocking. The Heat were always solid in attendance about in the middle. Now that the Panthers are winning, they are bringing in crowds. With a whole new beginning for the Fish, the fan base is excited. The new stadium is where the Orange Bowl used to be. The Orange Bowl brought in a lot of people because it was closer to people and business. Sun Life is in the middle of nowhere really.

So my point really is that the fan bases are excited. It's a new era for the Marlins. The Panthers have a bright future and are in first place. The Heat are title favorites. It gets people coming to games. IDK if the Marlins will sell well, but I'm confident it will be solid. It's really hard to sell when most people in South Florida are immigrants or northerners.

Last edited by a moderator:
When they are winning, places are rocking. The Heat were always solid in attendance about in the middle. Now that the Panthers are winning, they are bringing in crowds. With a whole new beginning for the Fish, the fan base is excited. The new stadium is where the Orange Bowl used to be. The Orange Bowl brought in a lot of people because it was closer to people and business. Sun Life is in the middle of nowhere really.

So my point really is that the fan bases are excited. It's a new era for the Marlins. The Panthers have a bright future and are in first place. The Heat are title favorites. It gets people coming to games.

Here's my point, in a great sports city, a team with LeBron, Wade, and Bosh, that everyone around the country is talking about; solid attendance would be a HUGE disappointment.

Yea, you guys come out for playoff games and stuff. Miami fans are the epitome of the fair weather fan.

My point is, if Ross is a smart man; he would be well suited to realize Continuity and our current head coach will be winners before any new coach. So yea, he could get a new coach, and possibly blow everything up; then get a early spike in attendance, until you guys get bored with another rebuilding project and go ride your jet skis on Sunday's instead...oRRRRRRRRR you can keep Sparano and create a culture around a coach that is doing a great job growing into his position and has the talent and coaching around him to be good for the next couple years

IMHO

Here's my point, in a great sports city, a team with LeBron, Wade, and Bosh, that everyone around the country is talking about; solid attendance would be a HUGE disappointment.

Yea, you guys come out for playoff games and stuff. Miami fans are the epitome of the fair weather fan.

My point is, if Ross is a smart man; he would be well suited to realize Continuity and our current head coach will be winners before any new coach. So yea, he could get a new coach, and possibly blow everything up; then get a early spike in attendance, until you guys get bored with another rebuilding project and go ride your jet skis on Sunday's instead...oRRRRRRRRR you can keep Sparano and create a culture around a coach that is doing a great job growing into his position and has the talent and coaching around him to be good for the next couple years

IMHO

I think it's unfair to simply say Miami fans are the epitome of the fair weather fan. There's many reasons why they have a hard time selling. It's not your typical city. I think San Diego struggles to sell tickets well too. There's so many other things to do, people are really struggling, and so on. When they are winning, they see the point in spending the money. If the team sucks, they go to the beach. It's not like Cleveland, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, ect.

Normally I agree that we need stability at HC, but I don't think he's the guy. He's been here for 4 seasons with 3 losing seasons. I think we're a young aggressive coach and a young QB from being a playoff team.

If he does come back, at least I'll have the Marlins to root for. They're going finally doing things right.

I think it's unfair to simply say Miami fans are the epitome of the fair weather fan. There's many reasons why they have a hard time selling. It's not your typical city. I think San Diego struggles to sell tickets well too. There's so many other things to do, people are really struggling, and so on. When they are winning, they see the point in spending the money. If the team sucks, they go to the beach. It's not like Cleveland, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, ect.

Normally I agree that we need stability at HC, but I don't think he's the guy. He's been here for 4 seasons with 3 losing seasons. I think we're a young aggressive coach and a young QB from being a playoff team.

I think sometimes, I come down hard on Miami fans. Trust me, I know the region was crushed financially during the mortgage meltdown, and I know buying tickets to go to a game doesn't fit in many peoples budgets at this point. and Miami definitely isn't the only place experiencing this problem. Fact is watching the game at home is a better deal, and more comfortable. But, I don't think firing Sparano is the answer to fixing Miami's attendance problems, those problems are deeper than Tony.

I do however, feel Tony is building a juggernaut and if they keep him around the attendance will get better as they win more. Give him another year.

I think sometimes, I come down hard on Miami fans. Trust me, I know the region was crushed financially during the mortgage meltdown, and I know buying tickets to go to a game doesn't fit in many peoples budgets at this point. and Miami definitely isn't the only place experiencing this problem. Fact is watching the game at home is a better deal, and more comfortable. But, I don't think firing Sparano is the answer to fixing Miami's attendance problems, those problems are deeper than Tony.

I do however, feel Tony is building a juggernaut and if they keep him around the attendance will get better as they win more. Give him another year.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. Funny thing is that I'm a big Miami fan, but I'm all about the 561 (Palm Beach). It's OK if you're hard on me. I want to hear your opinion.

Back
Top Bottom