Ross loses Fisher because he refused to neuter Jeff Ireland. Neuters Ireland anyway. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ross loses Fisher because he refused to neuter Jeff Ireland. Neuters Ireland anyway.

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
What a circus. This entire ordeal makes no sense.

Ross refused to cave into his first choice Jeff Fisher's demands regarding Jeff Ireland because Ross supposedly "trusts" Ireland. But then, in deciding who the next head coach will be, he goes against the man he "trusts" to hire someone the GM doesn't really want to work with? How does this make any sense?

Now we have a similar situation to last year where Sparano / Ireland were no longer on the same page.

What a mess.

Can't wait for the 2015 GM / HC search!

fisher wanted control of player personnel, i doubt philbin gets that. qb was an issue w/fisher also, he spoke w/ bradford and not moore.

i think it has less to do with who to work with and more to do with known mccoy would work toward our roster etc and philbin is a glorified oline coach who doestn call his own plays.

ross is a fan with the i.q. of a fan. and this will blow up in our faces.

Ross should have just given Fisher the keys to the kingdom if he was just going to go ahead and do this...

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

fisher wanted control of player personnel, i doubt philbin gets that. qb was an issue w/fisher also, he spoke w/ bradford and not moore.

Fisher didn't want to be GM, he just wanted the ability to veto a pick he didn't like. That isn't full control.

Right since the media has been so right on everything going on so far I am sure Ireland was against Philbin. This site has gone downhill so fast.

You keep posting this like you know what Ireland and Ross wanted based on some rumor.

Your talking about things you don't even know the full story about. Who is to say that Ross did want Philbin and Ireland did want McCoy and they bot agreed to interview both canidates again. After that Ireland agreed with Ross and they hired Philbin. There is so much more to the story that we don't know about.

You keep posting this like you know what Ireland and Ross wanted based on some rumor.

Exactly

I think we as fans need to realize that we know about as much about what goes on in closed meetings as the idiot sports reporters who "report" the news to us. If you weren't involved in the discussions then you don't have a clue who wanted which coach and why they went the way they did. No more than I know... it's all speculation

if Ireland wants to get the personnel of his usual offense instead of a west coast offense, get him out of town. He deserves it anyway

The media reports on the Dolphins coaching search have been all over the place these past three weeks and have been wrong countless times on certain topics. Hilarious that you believe one small blurb that had people around the league "believing" Ireland preferred McCoy and take it as a fact. Come on Skape, you have been following the coaching search, you seriously can't be serious with this thread. You are better than that.

I don't get the remorse over "losing out" on a seasoned HC who had winning season 3.5 out of every ten, who went 14=18 the last 2 seasons coming in 3rd and 4th in a relatively weak division and not too long ago reaffirmed his run first philosophy. To me alls well that ends well. We dodged a bullet.

I don't get the remorse over "losing out" on a seasoned HC who had winning season 3.5 out of every ten, who went 14=18 the last 2 seasons coming in 3rd and 4th in a relatively weak division and not too long ago reaffirmed his run first philosophy. To me alls well that ends well. We dodged a bullet.

Dodged a bullet, and walked right into a grenade?

I'd rather our meddlesome owner try to copy the champion Packers than our jerk GM try to copy the perenially overrated underacheving Cowboys.

Back
Top Bottom