Ross loses Fisher because he refused to neuter Jeff Ireland. Neuters Ireland anyway.

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by SkapePhin, Jan 20, 2012.

1. SkapePhin

SkapePhin Rump Shaker Finheaven VIP Donator

What a circus. This entire ordeal makes no sense.

Ross refused to cave into his first choice Jeff Fisher's demands regarding Jeff Ireland because Ross supposedly "trusts" Ireland. But then, in deciding who the next head coach will be, he goes against the man he "trusts" to hire someone the GM doesn't really want to work with? How does this make any sense?

Now we have a similar situation to last year where Sparano / Ireland were no longer on the same page.

What a mess.

Can't wait for the 2015 GM / HC search!

2. Jersey DolFan

Jersey DolFan A True Fan

i hate ross.

i think this guy is cam 2.0

3. Daytona Fin

Daytona Fin Playoffs Moderator Finheaven VIP

fisher wanted control of player personnel, i doubt philbin gets that. qb was an issue w/fisher also, he spoke w/ bradford and not moore.

4. Jersey DolFan

Jersey DolFan A True Fan

i think it has less to do with who to work with and more to do with known mccoy would work toward our roster etc and philbin is a glorified oline coach who doestn call his own plays.

ross is a fan with the i.q. of a fan. and this will blow up in our faces.

5. SkapePhin

Ross should have just given Fisher the keys to the kingdom if he was just going to go ahead and do this...

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

Fisher didn't want to be GM, he just wanted the ability to veto a pick he didn't like. That isn't full control.

6. NewCoachPlease

NewCoachPlease Starter

Right since the media has been so right on everything going on so far I am sure Ireland was against Philbin. This site has gone downhill so fast.

7. andyahs

andyahs Bahamian Redneck Donator

You keep posting this like you know what Ireland and Ross wanted based on some rumor.

8. jazz015

jazz015 Well-Known Member

Your talking about things you don't even know the full story about. Who is to say that Ross did want Philbin and Ireland did want McCoy and they bot agreed to interview both canidates again. After that Ireland agreed with Ross and they hired Philbin. There is so much more to the story that we don't know about.

9. natetherock

natetherock Well-Known Member

Exactly

I think we as fans need to realize that we know about as much about what goes on in closed meetings as the idiot sports reporters who "report" the news to us. If you weren't involved in the discussions then you don't have a clue who wanted which coach and why they went the way they did. No more than I know... it's all speculation

10. rent this space

rent this space Starter Finheaven VIP

where does it say Philbin gets final say on players?

11. WSE

WSE Starter

if Ireland wants to get the personnel of his usual offense instead of a west coast offense, get him out of town. He deserves it anyway

12. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

The media reports on the Dolphins coaching search have been all over the place these past three weeks and have been wrong countless times on certain topics. Hilarious that you believe one small blurb that had people around the league "believing" Ireland preferred McCoy and take it as a fact. Come on Skape, you have been following the coaching search, you seriously can't be serious with this thread. You are better than that.

13. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

I don't get the remorse over "losing out" on a seasoned HC who had winning season 3.5 out of every ten, who went 14=18 the last 2 seasons coming in 3rd and 4th in a relatively weak division and not too long ago reaffirmed his run first philosophy. To me alls well that ends well. We dodged a bullet.

14. SkapePhin

Dodged a bullet, and walked right into a grenade?

15. Hurricane_Shula

Hurricane_Shula 3rd parade down Biscayne Blvd!

I'd rather our meddlesome owner try to copy the champion Packers than our jerk GM try to copy the perenially overrated underacheving Cowboys.

16. Da Phinishisher

Da Phinishisher 'Shisher

I totally agree. Ross should have fired Ireland and gone with fisher or go with ireland choice. Now I think he just undermined Ireland publicly and I see ireland like a 2012 sparano...on the payroll with no empowerment.

17. Vaark

If we put up winning seasons 3 3/4 times out of 10, we'd still be better off. Henning, Fisher style run-first offenses need to be filed away next to the VCR.

FWIW, Ross already stepped in to put a stop to that Orton nonsense.. now there's little likelihood we'll end up saddled with him anyway.

18. Built2Win

Built2Win A True Fan

how many yeaRS you think philibin remains coach ?

19. circumstances

circumstances Starter

sure, ross went ahead and hired someone that doesn't get along with his GM (ireland). that's exactly what happened. *rolleyes*

20. andyahs

andyahs Bahamian Redneck Donator

Undermined him how? You spoke with Ireland or you read a tweet?

21. Da Phinishisher

Da Phinishisher 'Shisher

I don't dislike the Philbin hire, I don't like the rumors that ireland didn't get final say. Now I admit that rumor could be total bs as the miami media is totally reckless. I'm hoping that's the case and we dont have an owner who operates as part time GM.There needs to be delegation of power.

22. TheWalrus

TheWalrus 1/7/14 Finheaven VIP

This thread makes an excellent point.

23. Vaark

that's a fair assessment :up:

It's a lot easier to follow one's preconceptions and prejudices and jump on a decision because it's convenient to assume something is so than it is to withhold judgment, at least for awhile.

24. Da Phinishisher

Da Phinishisher 'Shisher

I'm giving credence to the report ross and ireland had thier own preferred candidate. that could be total bs and I hope to god it is. One thing we can agree on is this miami media coverage spews so much trash that haters and homers each have corroborating reports. I'm not either and I'll just sit back and hope for the best.

25. iwastherein72

iwastherein72 Well-Known Member

I am EVERLASTINGLY thankful Ross made the FINAL decision. ireland is the problem and LESS of ireland's stamp on this team is the solution. ireland would have had it all if Ross had kowtowed to him on this one.

Philbin is the best thing available if we don't get a proven coach. Philbin brings a proven track record of SUCCESS and knows what he is doing. His body of work is known. His imprint on the Packers is a measurable thing. soprano came in here never having made a mark on anything. mccoy had no signature imprint etiher, was just known for 'adaptability"... that would have been code for "will do and will build the team the way ireland wants".

PHILBIN WILL NOT LET ireland DICTATE HOW THE TEAM IS PUT TOGETHER.

Pilbin will attract Flynn. Philbin will NOT allow ireland to bring in slash guy vick wannabe QB's and make him try to figure ou what to do with them. We were on a COLLISION course with giving away the farm for rg-whatever and ireland had a plan, to let the whole team revolve around mr. baylor fad flavor of the month with mccoy being the guy to "restructure" it all. ireland

LOST

this battle and we have a chance to improve as a team.

I am THRILLED Philbin got it.

26. retarmyfinfan

retarmyfinfan Brave Rifles Donator

Nobody said he does get final say.

27. rent this space

rent this space Starter Finheaven VIP

well then I guess my question is how did Ireland get neutered?

28. rickd13

rickd13 Scout Team

Aren't you just a fan, with the IQ of a fan? Why should anyone respect your opinion? You only have an IQ of a fan. You don't know anything about how this will work out so why don't you give it a rest. Philbin hasn't even had his introductory press conference yet and you already want to proclaim him a failure.

29. Jersey DolFan

Jersey DolFan A True Fan

yeah its al about flynn. philbin = flynn.

enogh of this crap already.

30. Jersey DolFan

Jersey DolFan A True Fan

fine i am not proclaiming he def. will be a failure.

what im saying is that most of these fans of the dolphins are already thinking we are getting every GB coach adn FA from flynn to finley to clements to whoever.

we are Packers south, and thats why philbin is the next shula and flynn is the next marino.

this is what i mean by typical IQ of a "fan" and no, i dont consider myself that typical "fan" although im not claiming im at the level of a football executive.

i just wish people were a bit more realistic and level headed. in my EDUCATED opinion, McCoy's resume looked better as he was a QB coach and an Offensive coordinator who called plays. he was also younger and had a longer tenure in the league.

the only reasons i've seen around here as to why Philbin is SO MUCH BETTER than mccoy is b/c he is a former packer and can bring us flynn.

that is what i call suspect logic.

but that being said - i support philbin now.

31. FrankP

FrankP Starter

What's the big deal here? Bosses all over the world have their final say on hires their managers do... It's their fcompany after-all...